Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

Comments

• But what if the manager's wishes are hopeless, outdated wishes that have been proven not to work?

Just playing Devil's advocate.
  • Of course you are right cuz. But that’s not the way it works in football. If it were, they likes of Vardy would have been jettisoned out of Leicester long ago. And look at how he is doing now
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned but did anyone see what the media team posted then deleted from the twitter account the other day :doh:
  • Hamstew said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but did anyone see what the media team posted then deleted from the twitter account the other day :doh:

Classy, wasn't it.

Swear they have 13 year-olds running that department.
  • I agree to a certain extent barracks but getting rid of pelle at this time and bring in who, I’ve heard Bilic moyes mentioned on here moyes didn’t save us it was because there were three teams who were more terrible than us, take the goalies mistakes out we’d probably be top six, yes I get papering over cracks but far more inviting for a manager to take us forward than a stop gap to abuse later
  • The problem is our width. Anderson takes no risks, doesn't dribble like last year. Yarmolenko is utterly overrated and a one trick pony. Cut in left, cut in on left. We need Diangana back and one more genuine wide player soon to give Haller some crosses.. In Lanzini's absence Anderson could play central, not Fornals.
    Central midfield is OK, in comparison, with Rice, Noble, Snodgrass and even Sanchez. But without width and guile and some pace we will never progress.
  • Hamstew said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but did anyone see what the media team posted then deleted from the twitter account the other day :doh:

Yep. :doh:
  • Losing to spuds :angry: :angry:
  • Hamstew said:

Yep. :doh:
    What was it?
  • A tweet ald, a video by the club of all Jose’s loses. They ended it by saying ‘see you Saturday’
  • Brilliant
  • Back in wombat’s west wing, trying to think of something good to say.

First 20, even Stevens.
    Middle 40, we were not even playing on the same pitch.
    Last 30, we played some great football.
    It wasn’t the disaster at looked just after half time, but it was no party.
    For the first time I am calling Pelle out. I’m not sure he’s up for the fight.
    I came away from the game really disliking Spurs. Nasty childish spoilt brats. HK worst of them all, I know he’s a great striker but I cannot bear that sort of stuff. It’s like Citeh but without the style and class. And most of the spuds must like our pitch as they enjoy a comfortable lay down on it.
    I will not say any more about them, as we lost and it’s our own fault. But where on earth do we go from here. We could have lost that 0-5 or nicked a 3-3.
    My ghast has been flabbered.
    Good day out though as always. Coyi
  • I felt spurs controlled the game without really coming out of 3rd gear.
    The ref gave 50-50 decisions their way.
    Their players really knew how to wind our players/fans up. We all fell for that!!!
    Our 2 goals was a case if them taking the foot of the gas imo
    Also felt sorry for Roberto, our fans cheering everytime he saved. Its not nice, and demoralizing for him. It's not helping the cause.
  • Chelsea next, then wolves and arsenal. Very worrying - where is our next point coming from let alone a win?
  • Yes, very tough games coming up.
    But these are challenges players should up for.
    It's why we wanted to be in the premiership (the promise land)
    The confidence is shot atm. It's the coaching management's job to get the mojo back.
    Get them smiling,motivated,determined,single minded.
    But unfortunately I dont think they have the ability to do this.

• Until fabianski is back I don’t see the confidence improving, especially as Pellegrini keeps using the same tactics
  • Yes, agree tactics are 1 dimentional. 1 trick pony. We are too predictable, we have been sussed out by the others.
  • We have a trick?
  • A bit more effort and determination as demonstrated by Antonio would help. Shearer
    on MOTD pointed out the lack of effort shown by Haller among others.
    The big money signings look as if their minds are on their next move.
  • Perform like that and there won’t be a next move
  • The problem is there will be a next move. they have shown they are capable. It only takes a 20m offer to come in, the player does a Payet / Arnie and they go.
  • edited November 2019
  • The problem is there will be a next move. they have shown they are capable. It only takes a 20m offer to come in, the player does a Payet / Arnie and they go.

Even Rice & Anderson, Diop too, some of our better players last season.

Nobody is going to be spending significant money on them.
  • Few care that's the bottom line. The board are a disease on this club. Everything has been ruined and I've never felt so far from the club. Even when we win and are playing well I can't shake the stadium out of my head. I keep trying to tell myself otherwise but its grim. Why couldn't they have just left us at the Boleyn. We were pants most of the time but at least we had roots, history and soul.
  • Ham I agree.

Every time things go wrong I look at the gap around the pitch, the empty seats, and I just despair
  • Ham

The board’s track record says it all

All those years in football (them and Brady). What have they achieved? Birmingham won a trophy only after they left. Other than that, one other cup final. I’m a quartet of a century of ownership.

• We have a trick?

We have a pony :hmm:
  • Little donkey
  • Bazshuayi said:

We have a trick?

We have a pony :hmm:
    We ARE pony
  • Hamstew said:

Few care that's the bottom line. The board are a disease on this club. Everything has been ruined and I've never felt so far from the club. Even when we win and are playing well I can't shake the stadium out of my head. I keep trying to tell myself otherwise but its grim. Why couldn't they have just left us at the Boleyn. We were pants most of the time but at least we had roots, history and soul.

Perhaps the stadium will feel like home for future generations? Those too young to remember? I've not been in England for years so only equate us live with the old place. Maybe I'm lucky its detached from me mentally.
This discussion has been closed.