Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

Comments

• I really dislike Kane, I couldn't shed a tear if he got carried off, such a sneaky player who then throws his arms up as all innocent.
  • I guess us showing some fight for the last 5 mins will save his job.
  • edited November 2019
    We look far better with Sanchez and Noble in the middle, Snodgrass on the wing instead of Anderson, and Rice dropping back alongside Ogbonna as a ball-playing centre back. Far more solid and less shaky at the back.

Edit: Kane takes a tumble from invisible contact from Noble.
  • I really dislike Kane, I couldn't shed a tear if he got carried off, such a sneaky player who then throws his arms up as all innocent.

He does his job very well. Talented and committed.

If he played for us you’d love him.
  • Hamstew said:

I guess us showing some fight for the last 5 mins will save his job.

I can see the comments now; "The players showed they can compete". "The signs are there that we can improve". "If we do that from the start we'll start to climb the table".

The sound of massive cracks desperately being papered over.
  • 3-2

Ogbonna.

Antonio looking so hungry
  • edited November 2019
    Gutted that goal has gone in

Pelle will have another week now

Looks like we made a fist of it
  • I wouldn't Suz, It's a personality thing. It's a different personality but along the lines of those who wouldn't want Joey Barton on their team, committed, effective and a good player but just something so unlikable about them.
  • With fab in goal we’d have won that game 2-1 simples
  • Cuz1 said:

With fab in goal we’d have won that game 2-1 simples

And probably a few of the previous seven too
  • Annoying really. Still lose but those goals will save him.
  • Who cares about pushes and shoving ? If we pushed and shoved a bit more we might start showing the passion needed to win .
    We are an utter disgrace of a club from top to bottom and it has been coming for years.
    No passion or desire at all
  • Hardly worthy of much praise pulling a couple of goals back when the game is lost long ago
  • Lukerz said:

Gutted that goal has gone in

Pelle will have another week now

Looks like we made a fist of it

I can only assume Spurs switched off after their third goal and assumed, like the rest of the football world, that it was game over.

The fightback gives the board an excuse not to part with the £20m it'll cost them to bin off Pellegrini.
  • I think Roberto was only at fault for the first goal, directly. However, his performance was so incredibly poor that it can only have bred indecision and lack of confidence among the team
  • S
    Hamstew said:

Annoying really. Still lose but those goals will save him.

How his tactics smell of poo
  • imagelost said:

S

Hamstew said:

Annoying really. Still lose but those goals will save him.

How his tactics smell of poo
    He says from under the bed
  • The question is would we be in such a mess if Fab was not injured, probably not, but where there is blame is who thought “calamity” was an able understudy?
  • The question is would we be in such a mess if Fab was not injured, probably not, but where there is blame is who thought “calamity” was an able understudy?

I think it became more that that today as the mistake in buying him as understudy is one thing and we all make mistakes, Pelle has had cast iron evidence that Roberto is not up to the job and yet still picked him today, that's the unforgivable bit. When he first came in for Fab we hoped and expected better, but to demonstrate over the last six or so games just how horrendously poor he is and yet secure his place in the side today, that is more than a mistake that is incompetence on the part of the manager.

• Where are the greys with there words of wisdom . :puzzled:
  • Great to see Antonio back and I thought Rice and Noble did a lot of good things but overall very disappointing - I think it is poor management rather than individuals lack of effort/passion but confidence is shot all over the pitch and little things keep going against us -

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

• IMO those 2 goals were just covering the major cracks under this manger.
    I would seriously have sooner lost 3-0 and Pelle gone than this result, anyone who didn't watch the match sounds like we were close to them, all reality the 1st half was another shocking pre season friendly performance & only because Spurs faded & Antonio came up we made the scoreline what it was.
    I really hope the Dave's are brave, pay the money & get a new manager in.
    Whether he's in China or not, just do it!.
  • Brother_Sledge,

I fear it may need to get even darker before we hopefully see a new dawn!
  • Just seen the third goal. Oh dear.

Okay, positives. Antonio was immense, Snoddy worked his socks off.

And by some freak of nature Sanchez didn't do anything wrong.
  • Aslef, in all reality IMO Sodgrass working his socks off is a bare minimum.
    Not sure that's enough from just 1 player.
  • How is there any positive in losing to spurs??
  • The only positive from that game was Antonio, who was superb & will give us a massive threat.

That’s it.
  • I thought Sanchez did quite well.
This discussion has been closed.