Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

15678911»

Comments

• Truth is the board are more than happy with the current situation in my view.
    They have always known that they never wanted West Ham to compete with the top clubs but they knew the income they could get from running a club like West Ham.
    West Ham has a fantastic supporter base but those supporters on the whole have never had much success and they knew that whatever they did the support would stay with the club.
    The directors have set the club up so that they get a good income from the tv money etc and selling our ground in my view was their main aim to boost their investment returns.
    They make good sound bites about what they could do but they really never will spend any amount that could interrupt their nice cash flow.
    The players at the club know there is no desire for the club to go places so they themselves stop trying. Very few players who play for West Ham show the desire of players at other clubs and they get a very easy ride from the managers and our board.
    If I owned West Ham and I had to sit down and watch my club embarrass me and the fans week in week out I would call the manager and team in and give them an ultimatum . Start doing the job you are well paid to do properly or I will get you out of this club.
    Our directors though are happy with the way things are so don’t really care.
    If they did they would not let this shambles of a side shame us all week after week.
  • The owners seem to have a habit of ignoring the most important areas of the club.

Defence, midfield &, most importantly, manager.

These three areas are where most of our budget should go, then you try & build the front areas with a couple of additions.

When the time comes that they make a change in manager, they browse the market for the best available manager. They don’t say ‘let’s go & get ‘x’, because he is the man for us, & we’ll pay the club the compensation to get him.

Rafa is the best manager who would realistically come to us. But he will need to be bought out of his China contract. He will end up at Arsenal if we wait, which we will do.

The owners always seem happy for this club to sleep walk to nowhere.

Why they couldn’t have been happy for that at the BG, well that is the mystery.
  • Lukerz said:

The problem is there will be a next move. they have shown they are capable. It only takes a 20m offer to come in, the player does a Payet / Arnie and they go.

Even Rice & Anderson, Diop too, some of our better players last season.

Nobody is going to be spending significant money on them.
    I think teams will bid considerable for them but like when we sold Payet and Arnie, half the value of what we probably wanted.

Rice touted at 80m so probably 40m ?
    Diop touted 60m, probably 30m ?
    Anderson a bit more difficult because we brought him for 40m and i cant see anyone paying what we brought him for.

• We wouldn’t get our money back on anderson right now
  • Very few players that join this club ever go up in value. They just seem to lose their capability to play football at a good level week in week out and get injured.
    As mentioned before they start showing a complete lack of desire and passion which is a culture running through this club.
    Our owners do not want us competing with the top clubs to improve they are only worried in making sure we are better than three other sides each season. There is a massive difference in the investment required to do either of those things .

• The owners always seem happy for this club to sleep walk to nowhere.

They wouldn't have made half the money they have if we'd have done that, moving to the OS was the ONLY reason they bought us in the first place.
  • Lukerz said:

Not sure there's a mystery to this at all. For a start they got to sell the BG.

They saw the commercial revenue opportunities that the LS offered, and said as much from day one. If the 2012 Olympics weren't held in London, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been interested in buying the club. I mean, can anyone honestly say that G&S would have funded a new stadium to be built?

They saw a business opportunity in a new, low-rent stadium and another 30,000 punters coming through the gates. Much like when they thought they could move Birmingham to the NEC.
  • S&G sold the Boleyn for £40m but they didn't make anything out of it, it went straight to the banks to service "The Debt".

I agree they wouldn't have bought the club if the Olympics hadn't come to Stratford and Boris hadn't already said he wanted a football club (he was saying that before he was elected in 2008).
  • S&G sold the Boleyn for £40m but they didn't make anything out of it, it went straight to the banks to service "The Debt".

Would they not have had to settle that debt at some point though? Ergo, they've saved themselves £40m.

Probably too simplistic a way to look at it, but I just think that everything they've done is to the benefit of themselves rather than the club and the fans.

• Probably too simplistic a way to look at it, but I just think that everything they've done is to the benefit of themselves rather than the club and the fans.

I don't think that's simplistic at all, that's 100% how I see what they've done, the Club is just a toy thing for them to play with and earn money out of.
  • As poor as Roberto was, Diop was as much at fault for the 1st and 3rd goals, and he could have stuck a leg out to intercept the cross for the 2nd.
  • Not so sure about the third, it seemd to me that untouchable 'arry ploughed into the back of Diop, so in my humble little opinion should have been a free kick against the FA's wonder star
  • Expat,

Any half decent goalkeeper would have saved at least two of the 3 goals we conceded yesterday. He makes Allen McKnight look world class! :angry:
  • First goal clear error and fab would definitely have saved the third (header was in the centre of the goal

Without fab we would have probably been bottom six last season.
  • Baracks
    "Without fab we would have probably been bottom six last season"
    By that you imply that the defence is not doing a good enough job, so in effect you agree with my point about Diop.
  • Bubbles,

The stats show Fabianski made the most saves of all the keepers in the Premier League last season. You can interpret that fact in a few ways, it may indicate when called upon he was required to make more saves than he should have been but was able to make them in the main. The key point is surely that "calamity" doesn't instill any confidence in the back four and they are playing under extra pressure every time he plays. Pelle doesn't help the situation by continually changing the personnel in the defence so they is no continuity.
  • Fortune, I'm not defending Roberto, just pointing out that the defence are as much at fault. :ok:
  • Bubbles.

:ok: I think we have a few issues to address, Roberto is the one being played out most in the public eye.
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11869365/west-hams-woe-under-manuel-pellegrini-whats-gone-wrong

There is stat that we have been out run by every team we have played this season until we can match teams for work ethic its going to be a long season
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11869365/west-hams-woe-under-manuel-pellegrini-whats-gone-wrong

There is stat that we have been out run by every team we have played this season until we can match teams for work ethic its going to be a long season

I'm not surprised. On the ball we are static.

Off the ball, we are trying to keep up with the opposition's runners (and failing miserably at this). Take the Tottenham game... they hit us on the break and 3 of their players (Lucas, Son and Ali) are sprinting forwards while we only have 1 or 2 chasing them back.

So we don't run when in possession as we offer no movement, and then we don't chase/close them down with the same numbers or intensity that they burst forward in.
This discussion has been closed.