Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

Comments

• Lawro has been lazy and has just got his judgement from the opening post on this match thread
  • edited November 2019
    IronHerb said:

Why did we sign David Martin ?

He was signed a a training ground keeper.
    sounds like an expensive traffic cone. West Ham could have paid me 1k a week for that job. Probably would have saved them money.
  • edited November 2019
    Nicolas has it as 2-1 Spurs so he’s got the minimum Roberto factor
  • IronHerb said:

Why did we sign David Martin ?

He was signed a a training ground keeper.
    sounds like an expensive traffic cone. West Ham could have paid me 1k a week for that job. Probably would have saved them money.
    That’s more than Roberto has saved
  • Not sure why anybody thinks we will be battered in this game.

We have shown time & time again that we actually can combat the top sides, for whatever reason.

This will be no different.

I expect it to be a really difficult game, especially with the JM factor now. I would not be surprised if we lost.

But we will be in this game from the off, which is the most frustrating thing about our side.
  • :hmm:Yes sometimes we can match the top sides ,But not with Roberto in goal ……………... :sofa:
  • Lukerz said:

Not sure why anybody thinks we will be battered in this game.

Because, on the whole, we've been dreadful of late. We can't defend, set pieces in particular, and we've struggled to create and take chances.

This is a team completely devoid of any confidence and inspiration and I can't see anything changing on Saturday.

The players have themselves admitted that once we concede their heads drop, so any manager worth their salt will know to get at us from the kick-off, and I fully expect Spurs to be all over us from the off and be one up within 15 minutes.
  • edited November 2019
    Lukerz said:

Not sure why anybody thinks we will be battered in this game.

We have shown time & time again that we actually can combat the top sides, for whatever reason.

This will be no different.

I expect it to be a really difficult game, especially with the JM factor now. I would not be surprised if we lost.

But we will be in this game from the off, which is the most frustrating thing about our side.

One of, if not the worst side in the prem at the moment.

Players don't seem to care or are unmotivated.

Manager appears to not be that bothered.

The consequence of the manager losing his job is millions of pounds as a reward.

New manager bounce for the opposition team.

Kane and Son Vs Roberto.

Antonio back is huge but I doubt will start and will only get to play a bit part by which time they could be out of sight.
  • edited November 2019
    I’ll just wait patiently until 2:30 on Saturday...

:wink:

Grab a pint, wait for all this to blow over...
  • You’re going to need more than a pint by 2.30 on Saturday.
  • Jack Butland is attracting interest from West Ham and Norwich in the January transfer window, reports The72.

The report suggests the Hammers will look to bring Butland to the London Stadium on an initial loan and then sign him in the summer
  • Kane v Roberto
    This could really sting
  • Lukerz said:

Not sure why anybody thinks we will be battered in this game

Lukerz, I worry when you come out with bold decisive statements like this

Because alarmingly frequently, the opposite end of the spectrum ensues

Like when were assured of something special v Burnley

:lol:
  • To be fair, that was pretty special

:lol:
  • This ha away win written all over it now Jose is coming to the party but in true Hammers style we will dig something out against the odds. 2-2, which could be as good as a win.
  • It really feels as though we're 2 down before we start just because we've got Roberto in goal. Negative thinking? Maybe, but he really is that bad.

Can't see us getting anything at all from this.
  • Inside first 5 minutes, Spuds get a corner and guaranteed to be a goal - Kane header. :weep:
  • I’m more worried about the corner-taker scoring directly :weep:
  • Does Kane sometimes take corners...
  • Eriksen takes corners when Lamela's not available.

Kane took 7 corners in 2014/15, 7 more in 2015/16, just one in 2016/17, another 2017/18 and he's not taken one since. Guess they've decided its not his thing...
  • Roberto to have a epic Sylvester Stallone game in Goal in a 1-0 victory to west ham Utd.
  • I can't believe Roberto is going to start. If he is Martin must be terrible to an extent unseen on a football pitch. At least if you put Martin in goal he goes in with an opportunity to make his mark but Roberto must be shot to bits regard confidence. If they are both useless at least we gave Martin a chance to play for the team that his Dad meant so much to.
  • If we lose big and Roberto has a stinker the manager will have a lot to answer for
  • Roberto to have a epic Sylvester Stallone game in Goal in a 1-0 victory to west ham Utd.

• If we lose big and Roberto has a stinker the manager will have a lot to answer for

Never thought we would in this situation,,,

A goal keeper bigger then club
  • Whupathman - So you think that because our No 1 keeper gets an unfortunate long term injury and the No 2 turns out to be very poor the manager should be sacked? Seems harsh, what if Fab had not been injured and we had 4/5 more points and were well up the table?
  • Whupathman - So you think that because our No 1 keeper gets an unfortunate long term injury and the No 2 turns out to be very poor the manager should be sacked? Seems harsh, what if Fab had not been injured and we had 4/5 more points and were well up the table?

nope he wanted this keeper as No 1 who clearly is very poor and not of the standard needed, the warning signs are there, the defense has no confidence and we have someone else to try, who maybe is as bad but we don't know. He has, despite the last few games put his faith in the man. I hope he is amazing tomorrow and we win. If we do not then questions on judgement need to be asked.
    We are in free fall and against one of the clubs who are in bad form but have a new manager. I want him to be good, I am desperate for a win as my loathing for spuds is well known, I just think he has this terribly wrong.
  • I don’t buy that he wanted Roberto as his number one. He literally could have made him first choice this season but chose Fab instead of him.
This discussion has been closed.