Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

Comments

• edited November 2019
    New manager bounce.

We're getting trounced.

(even more than we were before)
  • Levy obviously has greater expectations for his team than the Two Davids? :whistle:
  • New manager bounce.

We're getting trounced.

They won't have a new manager in place by Saturday. I hope.
  • New manager bounce.

We're getting trounced.

New caretaker manager bounce...
  • Tim Sherwood is dusting off his gilet just in case he gets the call
  • New manager bounce.

We're getting trounced.

New caretaker manager bounce...
    New caretaker manager bounce
  • The spud honeymoon !
    could it be a arranged marriage stinking of falling
    And with egos with homongous and biblical proportions
    :antonio:
  • Well this is another loss then .spurs will be really up for this one ................then after they beat us it will be all down hill :biggrin:
  • Apparently Spurs have only won 25 points from their last 24 games going back to Feb!
  • 28 from 25 then come Saturday afternoon
  • I hope I am very wrong, Our media team wanna poke fun at Jose & Spurs, that is such a big fat :doh: if we lose, then what they gonna say....we tried at least or get Pelle to mumble his way through yet another shocking interview...I hope they played their cards right, but why even do it IMO
  • Im gonna watch the 1-4 demolition at WHL I still have on VHS. Ian Bishop was ridiculous that game, absolutely unplayable. Shout out to Stevie Jones also.
  • edited November 2019
    :antonio:
    The un expected
  • Looks like Roberto playing :doh: , Pellegrini says we've got to get behind him.

It's not like it was just the last game he was dreadful, just how bad must Martin be, and why oh why have we got such bad back up to Fab?
  • Behind him, probably better if about 500 got in front of him :doh:
  • When Pelle said the team should get behind Roberto, I'm guessing he means ten players on the goal line behind Roberto. Methinks we'd still lose 0-4
  • I think when he said get behind him he meant that he needs help picking the ball out of the net.
  • Why did we sign David Martin ?
  • Super deadpan from Pelle in the press conference

I sincerely hope he demonstrates a little more passion and inspiration when he is with his squad away from the cameras

He just comes across as if he is just not that bothered.

In short, because he was free I would say.

In short, because he was free I would say.
    Why are we paying David Martin ?

He thought it was Dean Martin :lol:
  • So spurs appear to be down to their final keeper - Gazzaniga - as both Lloris and vorm are both out

Is there any way we can get a plate of pasta to him tomorrow evening I wonder?

• So I assume we'll see:

Roberto
    Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell
    Rice, Snodgrass
    Yarmo Fornals Anderson
    Haller

Martin, Zaba, Ogbonna, Noble, Sanchez, Antonio, Ajeti

Which is painfully slow.

Son is the Korean Lukaku as far as scoring against us goes, and Kane v Roberto is a terrifying thought and worth at least one goal, so we'll need to score at least twice just to get a point, IMO.

Obviously we won't do that, so I think we're staring down the barrel of an embarrassing defeat.

I think that the logic for signing him was that it meant Nathan Trott could go on loan and Joseph Anang would get more football. I'm pretty sure I read something that said that last year Trott had to travel with the first team squad every week just in case there was a keeper injury, but he never even made the bench. This meant that he had less prep time for the U23s, but he was also the #1 for them, which meant Anang was training but not playing, and the club felt it was hurting both of their developments.

The decision was to bring in a third choice first team keeper to free up Trott's time. Similar to Lee Grant at ManUtd, Scott Carson at ManCity, Rob Green at Chelsea.

The problem is that all those clubs have a decent #2, and their #3 has been a #1 throughout their career, but is just winding down. We have brought in a rubbish #2, and #3 who has never really been all that good. It would have been fine / we would never have found it out it was terrible if Fab hadn't been injured.
  • If Pelle drops Roberto for Martin right now, I would imagine that would mean the end of roberto’s West Ham career. It could possibly mean the end of his career period as I can’t imagine any club which had access to google or YouTube would want to take him on.

He was signed a a training ground keeper.
  • IronHerb said:

Why did we sign David Martin ?

He was signed a a training ground keeper.
    To maintain the grass and shrubbery's ? :hmm:
  • Lawro has us down for 1-1, what does he know that we don't that makes him think Roberto will only concede 1 ?
This discussion has been closed.