Bilic Sacked ... Who'll be appointed? (Now we know.)

12346»

Comments

• edited November 2017
    McHammer said:

Can we insist that Moyes cannot say "wurrgh" instead of "our"? That really grinds my gears.

How you say
    Wurrgh !
    ;lol
    Is it jockanes
  • 52.9 % at man u even I could get 60 % there ;doh
  • That is a failure at Man Utd and saw them fail to qualify for the Champions league which was unthinkable at the time. I would imagine most Man Utd fans would consider Moyes a failure there, and even those who may have felt he should have been given time have recognised the board were right not to in light of his stints in Spain and at Sunderland.

• He built a team at Everton over years had some decent players but every team he’s took over since he’s neither improved or even in my opinion stableised, he gives me no confidence at all that he will organise us and get the points we need to stay up I hope for once I’m wrong
  • edited November 2017
    The thing is, people say Bilic tried to play attacking football. He didn’t.

This season we average a goal a game. Last season we struggled to score more than once at home. We have a terrible first half scoring record at the London Stadium. We are no longer good to watch and haven’t been since May 2016.

Add to that, we were also terrible defensively. So what was Slav actually bringing to the table since the first season? Not a lot.

Moyes is not my pick. I am shocked the owners have picked him out of those available, but he is not going to do any worse than Slav. We have been terrible at defending, attacking and winning for the past 18 months.

Moyes is onto a win-win. If we start defending well he’s already improved us.
  • Moyes only on to a win win if he actually gets us to win games not for me as I’ve said we will survive not because of Moyes but because of the poor quality of other teams if he was that good maybe Everton would have been back in for him
  • edited November 2017
    Moyes would not be my choice.
    To be honest, I'd rather Ginge in charge. He would be my pick with Carlton as no.2 ;ccole
  • Lukerz said:

We have a terrible first half scoring record at the London Stadium.

Yes and that has meant that our scored goals almost always happen at the other end of the stadium. ;angry

Here's to Moyes always getting us scoring in my end. ;wahoo
  • Sky sports report big Sam been in talks with Everton owners today wish it had been Moyes because I believe he belongs back there
  • "Better late than never" tweets Arbeloa.

I guess he was talking about his tackling?
  • Surprised that none of the current squad have reacted to the news of his departure? ;hmm
  • "Better late than never" tweets Arbeloa.

I guess he was talking about his tackling?

Arbeloa, the only player slower than Nobes.
  • Hope we have put a clause in his contract, that if we are relegated, that we
    can get rid of him without giving him a pay off.
  • I get the feeling Stuart Pearce will be our no.2 tomorrow.
  • Our first season with Bilic as manager grew into one where, for the first time in my life, I actually was not concerned about who we played against. I genuinely had no fear and believed we had a decent chance of winning. Some of the results/performances/goals were amazing! I have to thank Bilic for that as, like Madridhammer I was also 15 in 1980 and I've never previously felt that feeling supporting West Ham.

I said recently (admittedly I was very irritated when typing) that if Moyes was appointed I would turn my back on the club and support Man City and Liverpool for an emotionally easy and entertaining football life. That reaction was a knee jerk one and whilst I am not fully taking it back ( I probably will take it all back ) it was a genuine reaction to the word 'Moyes'.

When things like detail orientated, progress thinking/in tune tactically are mentioned we think of certain managers. When prehistoric is mentioned, we think of others....

Is it too much to ask to see West Ham playing at a decent level and putting some smiles back on the fans faces? All we've has in recent times is a pulling out hair despondency.

So when a name like Moyes is heavily linked (and assumed a done deal), that's hardly going to inspire anyone to have many positive thoughts. We need to have some belief in the squad again. I certainly haven't felt it for a while
  • ;hmm Having had a few hours to think about this whole moyes thing ,I can only say that I hate it even more then before ;weep ;weep ;weep ;weep ;weep
  • Bazshuayi said:

Our first season with Bilic as manager grew into one where, for the first time in my life, I actually was not concerned about who we played against. I genuinely had no fear and believed we had a decent chance of winning. Some of the results/performances/goals were amazing! I have to thank Bilic for that as, like Madridhammer I was also 15 in 1980 and I've never previously felt that feeling supporting West Ham.

I said recently (admittedly I was very irritated when typing) that if Moyes was appointed I would turn my back on the club and support Man City and Liverpool for an emotionally easy and entertaining football life. That reaction was a knee jerk one and whilst I am not fully taking it back ( I probably will take it all back ) it was a genuine reaction to the word 'Moyes'.

When things like detail orientated, progress thinking/in tune tactically are mentioned we think of certain managers. When prehistoric is mentioned, we think of others....

Is it too much to ask to see West Ham playing at a decent level and putting some smiles back on the fans faces? All we've has in recent times is a pulling out hair despondency.

So when a name like Moyes is heavily linked (and assumed a done deal), that's hardly going to inspire anyone to have many positive thoughts. We need to have some belief in the squad again. I certainly haven't felt it for a while

Baz p ;ok
    Spot on
  • edited November 2017
    A win ratio of 52.4 at Manu might sound quite reasonable, his stats at Everton (which are generally considered his best years) were close to 42% but it fails to tell the whole story.

That season Manu were 9th after 15 games
    Their worst ever start to a Premier League Season
    In Jan, they lost out in the 3rd round of the Fa cup to Swansea and were dumped out of the league cup by Sunderland, yes, Sunderland
    In March they suffered back to back 3-0 Home defeats to Liverpool and Man City
    In all they only secured 5 points out of a possible 24 against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal
    They failed to qualify for the champions league
    He signed Fellaini.
    His was the shortest managerial appointment at Utd for 82 years

I accept that Moyes was not given that much time and indeed even Fergie struggled at first, however, expectations at Utd are such that given the above, I am surprised he lasted as long as he did.
  • Let’s get big Sam back his win ratio with England is 100%
  • Apparently Arbeloa (remember him) tweeted better late than never about the sacking ;ccole tweeted a legendary response, with a slightly rude word at the end
  • Papers are saying he’s coming in after being accused of sexism over that article with the journalist while at Sunderland by Brady, can’t believe she doesn’t want him as well, and scares me when Charlie Adam says he’s the man for the job what’s he ever done except kick the opposition
  • This is a living nightmare. I can't even look people in the eye at work.
  • Ham ;ok Fait to say I'm getting more grief than usual at work. And at my football last night. And, rather unnecessarily, from my dad, who has finally worked out how to use whatsapp just to wish us good luck in the Championship.

Good times.
  • Apparently Arbeloa (remember him) tweeted better late than never about the sacking ;ccole tweeted a legendary response, with a slightly rude word at the end

I did see that. "Better late than never" were Arbeloa's words.

I think the Carlton Cole reply was from a parady account, but accurate nonetheless ;wink
  • Hamstew said:

This is a living nightmare. I can't even look people in the eye at work.

I had Liverpool supporting colleagues laughing and after Bilic got sacked with Moyes to take over. Yeah club is a laughing stock inside and out.
  • Moyes is as uninspiring as you could get. Failed at Sunderland so obviously he is the man to inspire a set of players who cannot be bothered to fight for the fans or a manager who may have made mistakes but was nowhere near as bad as the West Ham players made him look.
    We seem to get so many players join us who have no passion for the club or the supporters and just stay and take their money.

That said he is our manager and I really hope he proves his doubters wrong as I cannot stand many more years of pathetic players getting humiliated most weeks .
  • I just hope that Moyes gives a decent press conference if he gets the job he needs to be very positive . Bilic also had some failures Besitakas I believe improved after he left , his Russisan stint was a disaster so give Moyes a chance he achieved more top 10 finishes at Everton than West Ham have in the last 20 years , I get he is not most peoples cup of tea but I think he will keep us up and it might not be that pretty but we don't exactly have a queue of manager lining up to take over.
  • Great I gave my job up as a senior manager at Morrisons to run a pub with my partner what a laughing stock I’m going to be when they come in today, might close today as a mark of respect to the death of our football club. Can I be one of the first to say MOYES OUT
This discussion has been closed.