Bilic Sacked ... Who'll be appointed? (Now we know.)

Comments

• During the summer, the Board invested heavily signing the players Slaven believed would complete the squad he needed to push the Club back towards the level we had reached in his first season, and we believe we have the players capable of doing that
    Not sure how necessary this is ;hmm Smacks a bit of 'definitely not our fault'
  • They do add 'we believe we have the players capable of doing it' so definitely not saying 'his choices, we think they are a bit rubbish'.

I'd guess they are trying to pre-empt accusations of meanness.
    Good luck with that ;lol
  • said to reporters, apparently...

“I expected it. There are no hard feelings.

“I can be very proud of my work here.

“We didn’t start this crucial season well. As in many clubs across Europe, the manager is the one who pays the price.

“It’s a very logical move. The fans were brilliant to me from the start until the end.”

;carew
  • From watching a number of performances this season. Bilic was not responsible for players making stupid pathetic errors or midfield players not chasing back or tackling. Or stupid players getting sent off for stupid rash errors.

To be paid so handsomely but to perform so disgracefully a large number of our players should be ashamed of themselves.
  • MrsGrey said:

They do add 'we believe we have the players capable of doing it' so definitely not saying 'his choices, we think they are a bit rubbish'.

I'd guess they are trying to pre-empt accusations of meanness.
    Good luck with that ;lol

Why mention the board's investment at all? It's irrelevant to the statement, IMO. Why not just issue a statement saying thank you and sorry it didn't work out.

To me, it feels like a case of them saying 'we bought him the players he wanted so it's all his fault'.

But I suspect you're right; it's done to try to limit the inevitable finger-pointing at them for their part in the mess we find ourselves in.
  • They could dispel the tightness accusation by appointing Ancelotti
  • Gutted, absolutely gutted.

If it is Moyes (rolls eyes) then it had better only be for 6 months then go with younger progressive or a big name

They better not had messed this up.....

Remember they got rid of Zola a nice man but struggling for a guy that had been relegated previous job, 7 years ago.
  • If woods is still there then guess it is Moyes ,what a backwood step .don't think in 50 odd years ,I have ever less wanted a man to be our manager .having said that because I have hammer blood in me I will surport the team like I always have.i do worry that if we don't get off to a good start with him then the Fans will turn a lot quicker then if someone else came in .I do believe he is the last person of all that has been mentioned that the Fans want
  • Ancelotti, Rodgers, Redknapp, Bonds, Dicks, Brooking, Pardew, Allardyce, Anyone but Moyes

ok apart from Roeder
  • My take is they mentioned it as one of the reasons Slav had to go.

They bought the players he wanted to push us on, they think the players should be capable of pushing us on, and we aren't pushing on.

That is almost inevitably going to lead to a parting of the ways.
  • I didn't hear any direct chants against Slav.

Ive never know that before, the crowd always had a pop at the mng towards their end..

Shows how much we all liked him and wanted him too so well..

The Payet signing was his biggest achievement...
  • Perhaps Grey, but I think the reasons Slav had to go were obvious for everyone to see. It didn't need to chairmen to put the boot in like that (just my interpretation of the statement, not expecting anyone to necessarily agree ;ok)
  • Sad day but had to go imo , need to get organised back to basic defending and most of all step up the fitness training so we can last 90mins .

Stick to a system and not resort to bringing 3 attacking players on at 2.0 down
    like we keep doing week in week out.
  • edited November 2017
    Pardew for 6 months - then a big name I hope
  • Jim White on TalkSport is saying Moyes as interim manager is a done deal and expects him to be at the Club tomorrow.
  • Didn’t go big or early summer before last, didn’t get his number 1 target this summer.

Didn’t spend anything Jan 2016 when we needed it, massively overpaid for two signings.

Couldn’t think of anything worse than Pardew
  • I didn't hear any direct chants against Slav.

Ive never know that before, the crowd always had a pop at the mng towards their end..

Shows how much we all liked him and wanted him too so well..

The Payet signing was his biggest achievement...

Not sure what role Bilic had in that. Apparently Bielsa identified him as the player he'd most like to bring to West Ham in his interview. In any case, I'll always remember the paternal pride Bilic showed in Payet when he was doing punditry and Payet was playing for France. Those were heady days, when the vibe around West Ham was largely positive because of Payet and our playing style - seem so far away now. We need a big manager and a big January signing (Carvalho?!) to turn things around - not a stop-gap warden.
  • IronHerb said:

Jim White on TalkSport is saying Moyes as interim manager is a done deal and expects him to be at the Club tomorrow.

;weep

I've never liked Jim White......
  • We have good, expressive attacking players, a lot of talent and movement, good poachers, pace.

What we need is some damn organisation. I’d really like to watch us defend well for a change.

If Moyes comes in and gets the defence and CM working hard and defending properly, we’ll breeze up the league IMO.

I’m personally really excited about Moyes giving us some toughness and togetherness. The front four will do their thing and we’ll be a good side.
  • I'll have a pint of what ever you are on ;biggrin
  • If we hire Moyes we are going down to the Championship.
  • IronHerb said:

Jim White on TalkSport is saying Moyes as interim manager is a done deal and expects him to be at the Club tomorrow.

;weep

I've never liked Jim White......
    Me neither. ;lol
  • If we hire Moyes we are going down to the Championship.

At least we'll be competitive...
  • I don't think Moyes will relegate us.

I think he will keep us in the prem but we won't like anything we see.
  • Do the players really see Moyes as a inspiring appointment, don't think so IMO, and Dean Ashton agreed on live tv just now....
    Moyes is another has been who while had done well at Everton, well that was years ago...
    It will be one of the saddest days along with relegation if he is appointed....
    I hope I am so wrong tho...
  • I agree with Jorderz that Moyes will get us organised at the back and that we do have goals in us. I was more afraid of Phil Neville joining him but that seems to have abated. ;phew
  • I woke up to the news this morning and fell saddened by his departure, in truth it was not unexpected but I really wanted Slaven to succeed.

Like many others, I am a West Ham fan, I have no choice but to support the team with my witness, so I will support whomever is appointed, but Moyes would not be my choice.

It has been said earlier in the tread by a couple of prior posters, but these two factors are my main concern.

Player morale is low, they know that performances and results have been underwhelming but there is no evidence to suggest that the players wanted Slaven to go. Does anybody really expect that their spirits will be lifted by David Moyes walking through the door?

His record at his last three clubs has been truly terrible, he failed at Man U, a very successful club with many resources and failed with Sunderland, a club that was struggling with limited resources, he even tried his hand abroad and failed there as well, why do we think he has the wherewithal to lift us? maybe because we are a mediocre club with mediocre resources and he has not tried that recipe for a while?

I think it is clear that the fans also do not fancy him, hopefully they will look to initially support him and the team but I fear they will turn very very quickly if improvements are not in evidence.

In a nutshell, My fear is that the players will have a debbie downer on his appointment, results will therefore not improve and thus the fans will turn against the club itself and I think we all know where that ends.

Ho hum

I soooooooooo hope I am wrong
  • I cant see anything other than Moyes coming in throwing some random hand gestures about, complaining about the ref in a post interview and repeating this for the next 27 games as we go down.

If we hire Moyes we are going down to the Championship.

At least we'll be competitive...
    With Palace for the worst manager appointment battling for 19th
  • edited November 2017
    If the Moyes rumour turns out to be correct I am another that doesn't think we will get relegated as a result. He'll get us organised and given the good squad that we have he'll move us up to mid-table pretty quick. My one concern would be the quality of what I am watching each week.

His first job is to get us playing for 90 minutes and not the usual 45 minutes that we manage currently.

Add to that an organised defence that understands what it is meant to be doing and we'll be fine.

Its not a done job yet though so maybe we will get a manager ready to play exciting and organised football with a team capable of competing for 90 minutes. Here's hoping .
    ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
This discussion has been closed.