Bilic Sacked ... Who'll be appointed? (Now we know.)

Comments

• Mrs G,

I certainly didn't make that up, if I did I would be called a liar, I heard it mentioned at least three times this morning on the radio phone in I listened to, so on that basis do four people need putting through a lie detector?
  • edited November 2017
    Mirror state that West Ham have named Moyes as new manager. He will start immediately and get a budget for January, apparently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-named-new-west-11477175

This may all come from ExWHUEmployee via thewesthamway: he also says Pearce will be part of coaching team.

Meanwhile, the Standard reminds us that Moyes froze out Chicharito while at Man U, which doesn't bode well:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/876112/David-Moyes-Javier-Hernandez-West-Ham-Man-Utd
  • edited November 2017
    I believe you didn't make it up, fortune. But did you check to see if those who said it had their facts straight?

(My earlier 'you' was more of a 'people' rather than a 'you' you.)

It irritates me that we have to endure other clubs' fans mocking and jeering, based on stuff they think they read in The Sun. But it irritates me even more when our own fans, who have the opportunity (and the incentive) to be a bit better informed, also pour scorn on the club. I don't mind if the opinions and criticism if fair (even if I might not agree with it) but at least let it be based on the truth. ;scarf
  • Fortune

You are hearing people either lying or mis-remembering.

Constant repetition of a falsehood/inaccuracy doesn't make it any more true.

I'm sure you are repeating it in good faith, but it isn't true.

Merson (if I remember correctly...) and Galey (for sure) both quoted our transfer spend as net £4m overall (under the owners, not just in the last year, and even that is wrong.)

It has been repeated frequently.

Still isn't true.
  • I have searched, sound of vehicle reversing! ;whistle.

The article was from January 2010 and said Sullivan had a Seven Year Plan to get us into the Champions League.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sullivan-targets-champions-league-with-west-ham-1872412.html

I stand corrected but we still haven't qualified. ;wink
  • I think that a certain Mr Gold needs to practice his dissapointed face ;wink
  • fortune ;ok

Best laid plans of mice and men, etc. ;weep

• Least Slav can finally become a pundit now only positive thing about the whole situation.
  • Not aimed at you Fortune, but

owners express ambition - they are ridiculed for over-reaching

owners say nothing - they lack ambition

owners have spent NET more money than all but 7 clubs in the PL over the last 5 years, yet are constantly castigated as failing to spend

It is clear that, like Big Sam, they are never,ever going to win with a section of our support, regardless of what they do.
  • It’s all about delivering points and pretty quickly for Moyes. If he doesn’t I think he will pretty quickly face a lot of vitriol not least because one poll shows 90% against him being appointed

I don’t believe he will be afforded the luxury of letting things get worse before they get better
  • one poll shows 90% against him being appointed

If he is appointed, it won't be long before this figure crops up totally misrepresented and quoted out of context. ;doh
  • edited November 2017
    Think part of the problem will be getting in all the new supporting staff as well, once the new manager is in place he will need to bring in coaching staff replacements as they have all gone as well (apart from the GK Coach). Its not like there's a shed load sitting around doing nothing, waiting for the phone to ring.

Think the timing is right as if a manager is appointed in the next day or so, then the backroom is put together over the few days after that, they then have a week to work with the team.
  • Given that it was difficult to determine what if anything they did, it may be the weekend before anyone knows they've gone.
  • MrsGrey said:

one poll shows 90% against him being appointed

If he is appointed, it won't be long before this figure crops up totally misrepresented and quoted out of context. ;doh
    Perhaps a poll on here is needed?

Simply, are u happy with the appointment of Moyes....
    That would be a fair showing on this site alone, what do u say Mrs Grey?
  • jay

a) anyone can set up a poll - so if you want to go ahead.

The option is available as a radio button once you start a new thread.

For what it is worth, imo,

b) probably better wait until he IS appointed

c) voting may well not be representative
  • jay, bearing in mind that just over 44% of people (based on a previous poll) didn't want Slav sacked at this point, we might expect that at least 44% of the voters would say they weren't happy.

Polling - it's not as easy as it looks ;biggrin
  • MrsGrey said:

Polling - it's not as easy as it looks ;biggrin

Can we have a vote on that ;whistle
  • Perhaps Mrs Grey u can
    Now add another 30% knowing who is incoming......
  • It won’t be Moyes that keeps us up it be because it’s a poor league and worse teams than us in it, I was against Bilic appointment but even more against Moyes, I’d have kept Bilic till season end then looked
  • It gets worse when they report Stuart Pearce included in the deal as he has failed wherever he has gone. We are employing the recently deemed unemployable in my opinion, those who have had their chances and come up short.

I don't really follow the football league but is there not an up and coming championship manager we could have taken a chance on? I would rather fail by taking a chance on someone unproven than someone who has had their chances and failed just because they have experience at the level.

This could go horribly wrong and Moyes be out and paid off before Christmas if the players greet the news with the same attitude most fans seem to be, if they take the view is this the best the club can do in Moyes and pearce? we may be in for a very demoralised team,
  • Mind you had we won are last two games of the season before last we would have made top 4 I think
  • edited November 2017

than someone who has had their chances and failed just because they have experience at the level.

Moyes, failed at Everton?

Had a 52.9% win rate at Man U.

• Twistandshout_I_love_Allardyce_more_than_Moyes
  • Hopefully Everton will see we want him and come calling quickly overnight, he turns us down and we all happy hammers again
  • C&B why should the team be demoralised. If they'd done their jobs and put the effort in there'd have been no need for Bilic to go like he has. They should be taking a long hard look at themselves.
  • I agree Thorn, they are as responsible as Billic at present but I just feel they will see Moyes as a loser brought in to help them win, and wonder of the clubs ambition as it seems most of us fans are.
  • What I will say is that I am sure at times like these the board will assess fans opinions from forums such as this, so should they go ahead with Moyes they will be brave men as it is clear they will be held responsible should we go down. They will be due a massive doth of the cap if it works out and I will happily be the first to do so, big gamble however from their point of view to go with something which appears from all social media to be pretty much unwanted.
  • I loved Bilic as our manager. I of course agree that things have not gone well for the last 12 months. However, I didn't want him to go.

Probably the most honourable manager since Billy Bonds.

Respect Slaven. ;bowdown
  • Can we insist that Moyes cannot say "wurrgh" instead of "our"? That really grinds my gears.
  • MrsGrey said:

than someone who has had their chances and failed just because they have experience at the level.

Moyes, failed at Everton?

Had a 52.9% win rate at Man U.

This discussion has been closed.