Bilic Sacked ... Who'll be appointed? (Now we know.)

Comments

• It will be Moyes - only his name is being banded about everywhere. There is no-one else remotely in the frame IMO

It was the same just before slav was appointed - his was the only name being reported just before he actually was.
  • Hibs fan on Twitter reporting that Neil Lennon is going to replace Bilic. ;hmm
  • ;nonono Not Mr Happy!!
  • Lukerz said:

Hibs fan on Twitter reporting that Neil Lennon is going to replace Bilic. ;hmm

Allow me to correct this for you:

Hibs fan on Twitter attention-seeking in an attempt to get himself a few easy retweets. ;hmm
  • I cant see anything other than Moyes coming in throwing some random hand gestures about, complaining about the ref in a post interview and repeating this for the next 27 games as we go down.

If we hire Moyes we are going down to the Championship.

At least we'll be competitive...
    With Palace for the worst manager appointment battling for 19th
    Thing is Yeold you believe that we are going to lose every time we play, every game is a 6 pointer or a Must win etc., so taking Moyes and his shocking track record should make little difference.
  • Tony Gale saying it will be Moyes. I imagine he has good contacts there, though may not have been entirely up-to-speed - we can always hope.

He also said Bilic's sacking had been a PR disaster. I don't see it like that - I thought the club surprisingly actually handled it well. Saying this, still dreading potential tweets from Jack...
  • We should forget about getting another manager at all

Just re-sign Payet, and the players can just go out and kind of make it up as they go along
  • Tony Gale has limited contact between his brain and his own mouth, so I wouldn't read much into that...

But it will obviously be Moyes.
  • I'd even prefer Tim Sherwood than Moyes, and that's saying something...
    If the owners wish for the majority of fans to be underwhelmed with this appointment , then good luck.
  • I cant see anything other than Moyes coming in throwing some random hand gestures about, complaining about the ref in a post interview and repeating this for the next 27 games as we go down.

If we hire Moyes we are going down to the Championship.

At least we'll be competitive...
    With Palace for the worst manager appointment battling for 19th
    I meant in the Championship ;ok
  • I'd even prefer Tim Sherwood than Moyes, and that's saying something...

;nonono

The Ghost of Gilets Past.
  • edited November 2017

I'd even prefer Tim Sherwood than Moyes, and that's saying something...
    If the owners wish for the majority of fans to be underwhelmed with this appointment , then good luck.

Oh behave yourself ;lol
  • edited November 2017
    Footie is a difficult topic in the Chicago household right now, as you may be aware, my wife’s family are from Durham and are avid Sunderland supporters.

It is fair to say that their faith is being tested but I know of at least two of her cousins who still go home and away.

You have to give them kudos for that.

Also fair to say that I expect to be on the receiving end of some gentle banter if we indeed do appoint Moyes, something along the lines of payback for Di Canio.

Ho hum
  • Gutted Slaven has left. A good manager and a great man who did a good job for us:-managing the terrible transition, finishing 7th in the 1st year, 12th the 2nd and having some strong cups runs as well. Its a shame how its ended but thats the way modern football is and only reinforces that west ham are now exactly just like every other petty club devoid of strategy, values and belief in what they want and what they stand for. I think Slaven should've been given more time because we aren't "cut adrift" but only 3/4 points from mid table which is historically what we are. Slaven departs having delivered one of the greatest seasons in our history, delivering some iconic and memorable results and throughout his tenure instilling an approach which delivered consistently v.enjoyable and entertaining goals.

As to where we go from here it is very messy and sets us back in many many different ways. Of all the feasible names I think Koeman is our best bet but if not him then Pardew would be the best over the rest of the season as there is still enough good feelings towards him after his first spell and always speaks very well of us as a club; we have a good squad and any experienced manger will keep us up, just as Slaven wouldve done. As a club and as fans we have to decide exactly what we want to stand for because its untenable to build and develop anything if there is constant moaning, dissatisfaction and lack of conviction in what we are trying to do. IMO fans will come to realise that there are far greater things wrong with WHUFC than Slaven Bilic.
  • Just read a tweet from someone supposedly at sky Italy which said we’d been rejected by Ancelotti, Koeman, Dyche and Paolo Sousa before arriving at Moyes.

Carbon copy of the last time we were looking for a manager except with different names involved ;lol
  • Also heard the dinner lady and tea lady turned it down ;whistle
  • I am not sure Moyes is a done deal and may be a smokescreen as their is a clue in the club statement as from the BBC site West Ham said the club believed a change was necessary "to move forward positively and in line with their ambition".

As there is no player, fan or board in the premiership who could define a Moyes appointment as being ambitious they are either letting us know we can expect a decent appointment or pretty much admitting they don't know what they are doing and should move on with Slav as soon as possible, 'in line with THEIR ambition is ensuring we all get to see the clubs ambition and can measure it by this appointment. They would not appoint Moyes after putting that out in my opinion.
  • Latest rumour is that it'll be Moyes with a coaching team of Irvine, Woods and Stuart Pearce.

Doesn't exactly scream 'success' to me.
  • Footie is a difficult topic in the Chicago household right now, as you may be aware, my wife’s family are from Durham and are avid Sunderland supporters.

It is fair to say that their faith is being tested but I know of at least two of her cousins who still go home and away.

You have to give them kudos for that.

Also fair to say that I expect to be on the receiving end of some gentle banter if we indeed do appoint Moyes, something along the lines of payback for Di Canio.

Ho hum

Moyes was on a hiding to nothing at Blunderland... No manager will be able to do anything with them whilst their owners continue to run the club on a budget.
  • Latest rumour is that it'll be Moyes with a coaching team of Irvine, Woods and Stuart Pearce.

And, according to Ex, he'll have six months to prove himself and then a potential two-year deal to follow.

I guess part of our recruitment policy is we must have a psycho former left-back on the staff. Can't argue with that.

May not scream success but at least someone will be screaming something at our players.

But at this point in time success is all about stabilising the team then moving on.
  • C+B, although I'm not keen on Moyes I think it is fair to say he has a good track record at keeping a team nipping on the heels of the top bunch of clubs. And as that is pretty much the Daves' stated ambition, I think that bthe statement is paving the way for that.

It isn't the same as a more general 'ambitious'. They haven't said they want to make an ambitious appointment.
  • edited November 2017

Latest rumour is that it'll be Moyes with a coaching team of Irvine, Woods and Stuart Pearce.

I guess part of our recruitment policy is we must have a psycho former left-back on the staff. Can't argue with that.

May not scream success but at least someone will be screaming something at our players.
    Maybe so, but Moyes, Irvine and Pearce haven't had the most successful of managerial careers.

To be honest, I'd have been ok with these appointments three years ago. Or ok with them now if we hadn't been sold the brave new world for West Ham. But, for me at least, the appointment of these three (if it happens) doesn't tally with the 'ambition' that the board tell us they have.
  • Strange (if true) that Dyche has turned both us and Everton down (I’m assuming he has turned Everton down??). None of the big powerhouses are ever going to want him. So does he want to be at Burnley for the longer term? ;hmm
  • We have good expressive attacking players a lot of talent and movement , good poachers and pace???

I think I have been going to the wrong ground at the weekends.
  • But has he baracks?

The press said he was in the frame for the Everton job but nothing has come from Everton about it.

or

Maybe he is an honest man who intends to honer his contract with Burnley.
  • MrsGrey said:

C+B, although I'm not keen on Moyes I think it is fair to say he has a good track record at keeping a team nipping on the heels of the top bunch of clubs. And as that is pretty much the Daves' stated ambition, I think that bthe statement is paving the way for that.

It isn't the same as a more general 'ambitious'. They haven't said they want to make an ambitious appointment.

Then they should have added excluding at a team struggling with no funds & admitting they in a relegation battle from week 1 or in Spain....
    But apart from that!

;wink
  • Tbf replacing Bilic with Moyes is just like for like. Very similar managers. What we need is an upgrade.
  • Mrs Grey I think if the statement is accompanying the removing of a manager then it's fair to assume that the two things are connected and it's not a general statement of ambition but rather that they did not feel the current manager could fulfil their ambition and they are looking to appoint one who matches their ambition.
This discussion has been closed.