The "I know its only September but..." transfer thread

Comments

• I must admit when this was mentioned back when I wasn't for it as I didn't really see much in him in the little I'd caught prior.

However, thought he was very good when he came on today, and never mind the finish, the touch prior was superb.

Think you all could be right and he'd be a good option and back up Ant. Whether they'd sell him, and to us in Jan mind, possibly not atm. Although if they saw it as helping us hold MU out...
  • He's basically unfortunate to have Salah, Mane and Firmino to compete with (and obviously Jota in more recent times). I think with a bid we'd have got him but now, given we've carried on from last season, perhaps Liverpool will be reluctant to sell him to us. Also, with the African Cup coming up in Jan., they'll be short of Salah and Mane and he'll be needed
  • I wonder if Jesse watched the game today (guessing yes). He could be off the Utd bench, playing for a team higher in the league that actually wants him and a manager who values him. Also with money bags Newcastle in mind, he can have a relegation half of the season with them with his wages or a pushing for Euro glory and Champions League with us... This is most likely the most attract proposition we've been in for a very long time, if ever.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I wonder if Jesse watched the game today (guessing yes). He could be off the Utd bench, playing for a team higher in the league that actually wants him and a manager who values him. Also with money bags Newcastle in mind, he can have a relegation half of the season with them with his wages or a pushing for Euro glory and Champions League with us... This is most likely the most attract proposition we've been in for a very long time, if ever.

His brother (and agent, I think?) was certainly watching and put a COYI message on Instagram.

He's coming back in January, I'm sure of it.

And you make a very good point about how attractive we are. Hopefully if Moyes is given money to spend in January, and if we're still knocking around the top four and still in the EL, we could be seen as a very good option for some very good players.
  • edited November 2021
    The thing is, we want players who will buy into what we do, not just come to us because things are going well. One day they won’t be going so well, and a bunch of big time Charlie’s might down tools. We need to be careful that the players we sign are going to improve the squad through not just their technical ability, but their work ethic and their character too.
  • I like him but now .... he's a lower teams bench warmer and must be reflected in the price
  • alderz said:

The thing is, we want players who will buy into what we do, not just come to us because things are going well. One day they won’t be going so well, and a bunch of big time Charlie’s might down tools. We need to be careful that the players we sign are going to improve the squad through not just their technical ability, but their work ethic and their character too.

Yeah, they've got to be the right player, but our recent successes will hopefully mean the pool of 'right players' that are prepared to come will be bigger.
  • edited November 2021
    Bazshuayi said:

He's basically unfortunate to have Salah, Mane and Firmino to compete with (and obviously Jota in more recent times). I think with a bid we'd have got him but now, given we've carried on from last season, perhaps Liverpool will be reluctant to sell him to us. Also, with the African Cup coming up in Jan., they'll be short of Salah and Mane and he'll be needed

I don't think Origi's suffered because of the competition, personally . He used to start quite a lot before those lot came in and wasn't very good. He's played 164 games for Liverpool and few can really be sure of what they'll get from him. He's definitely got ability and has been a great impact sub for Liverpool but I'm always a bit wary of the player who didn't work at one of the "big" teams when they come to a smaller massive team. But I'm indifferent, think Moyes will know if he's the right player or not.
  • edited November 2021
    Origi signed with Liverpool in July 2014, he spent the first season on loan with Lille, spent another season on loan with Wolfsburg so effectively he's been part of the Liverpool first team for five and a bit seasons

In all that time he's only had 102 Premier League appearances with just 34 starts

His contract expires in the summer

I think Mr Origi might be ready for a change...
  • He will most likely get games from now until after ACON so that will ultimately put him in the shop window (unless Liverpool accept a January fee for him)
  • Do people really fancy him for us then? I've never rated him tbh.
  • edited November 2021
    Gossip column has us linked with Giovanni Simeone, Diego's son. I don't know much about it, so I looked him up. This is his style of play section on wikipedia:
    Wikipedia said:

Simeone is an elegant yet powerful and opportunistic forward with an eye for goal,[38][39][40][41] who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line;[citation needed] although he has been deployed as a second striker,[citation needed] he has also been used in a central role as a main striker,[8] and is a competent and efficient finisher with both feet,[42] despite being naturally right footed.[citation needed]

A tenacious and energetic player,[43] he is known for his work-rate and defensive contribution off the ball,[8] and often drops into midfield in order to help his team win back possession.[citation needed] He is also known for his speed and intelligent attacking movement, which enables him to create space and provide depth for his team.[citation needed]

Regarded as a promising young player,[8] he also possesses good technical skills,[43] as well as flair and finesse on the ball, and is capable of linking-up with his teammates and bringing other forwards into play.[citation needed]

Looking at his career stats, he's not usually a prolific striker, but he has 9 in 10 for Hallas Verona this season, and got 12 for Cagliari a couple of years ago.
  • edited November 2021
    Think his Dad wrote that report on Wiki 🤔
  • Moyes was spotted at the England U-21 v Czech U-21 match at Turf Moor last night

England won 3-1, no West Ham players involved although Sparta Prague 18yo midfielder Adam Karabec won and scored a penalty (18 appearances this season, 5 starts)
  • Maybe he was scouting an England kid?
  • Apart from the goalie they're all with Premier League clubs, some of them already in the first team

GK Josef Bursik (Stoke City)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich)
    CB Marc Guehi (Palace)
    CB Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Anderlecht, on loan from Man City)
    LB Luke Thomas (Leicester)

MF Oliver Skipp (Spurs)
    MF Conor Gallagher (Palace, on loan from Chelsea)
    MF Jacob Ramsey (Villa)

FW Cole Palmer (Man City)
    FW Folarin Balogun (Arsenal)
    FW Anthony Gordon (Everton)

Subs
    Charlie Cresswell (Leeds)
    Angel Gomes (Man U)
    Morgan Gibbs-White (Sheff Utd, on loan from Wolves)

But you never know...
  • Conor Gallagher, any chance we could get him? Looks great this season and better than current cm back up.
  • He’s more than a back up IMO.
  • It's not out of the question he could come to us, sadly as part of a Rice deal. Should Chelsea pay 100m for Rice they may allow him be sold as part of that deal. He is only a year younger than Rice so with Rice arriving he may find chances hard to come by.

• When I've seen Gibbs White in cameos for Wolves he does genuinely jaw dropping things. Such a creative passer, who I'd love to see come good. I doubt it was him who was being watched as he went to Sheffield on loan for regular football but the player he looks like he could be would be a massive asset for us.
  • Outcast 👍🏻

I completely agree. Some of the stuff he’s done is amazing, and he’s a player I’ve been really excited about for a few years now. It seems mad to me that he doesn’t get more game time at Wolves, but maybe that’s a sign that he’s not developed as hoped?
  • Following Oggy's injury news...

Football League World (me neither) claim we are looking at Middlesbrough's Dael Fry and QPR's Rob Dickie as possible replacements
  • Tarkowski of Burnley in his last year and so may be available in January but I suspect they will keep him until the summer as he may be crucial to their survival hopes.
  • I would like to try and temp Wolves to sell Traore. Could get Mount from Chelsea as Fornals understudy.
  • Once the group stages of the Europa are finished I couldn't see where Mount would get a game.
  • I would like to try and temp Wolves to sell Traore. Could get Mount from Chelsea as Fornals understudy.

Traore is so erratic and inconsistent there’s no way.

And the Mount thing is silly. England regular, one of the first names on the team sheet of the European champions, on the ballon d’Or shortlist, and you think they’d sell him, and that he’d only be a backup?
  • dump the budget on Alexander Isak.
  • Newcastle are after Tarkowski according to the Telegraph and they might be willing to pay the £20m price tag Burnley are allegedly asking for a January transfer.

With Bowen, Benrahma, Fornals, Vlasic, Lanzini and Yarmolenko already on our books the last thing we need in January is another attacking midfielder/winger
  • Priorities in order imo:
    Striker
    Left Back
    Am/winger (Benrahma has ACON and we lose Yarmo in summer so there is a spot)
  • Andy Carroll rumoured to be signing for Reading today.

Apparently they have a bit of a striker problems at the moment, two injured including last season's top scorer, one a kid just turned 18 and the other hasn't scored in 17 appearances.
This discussion has been closed.