The Next Transfer Window

Whenever that may be.
Covid-19 hasn't stopped the rumours flying, so I thought I'd open a thread
And I sincerely hope that we're all still here to complain about whoever is bought and sold - stay safe WHU606

Comments

• Is there a Transfers in the Next Year Or So thread? Because the stuff about buying Sanchez is truly bizarre. On 400k a week? :doh:
  • ESPN say Sanchez has refused a wage cut and we're not prepared to pay £500k.
  • Is there a Transfers in the Next Year Or So thread? Because the stuff about buying Sanchez is truly bizarre. On 400k a week? :doh:

Start one, and I'll move comments over :ok:
  • West Ham could listen to offers for £42million winger Felipe Anderson. (Daily Mirror)
  • West Ham and Crystal Palace are interested as Nigeria's former Sunderland striker Josh Maja, 21, considers a return to England from Bordeaux this summer. (Sun on Sunday)
  • edited April 2020
    Maja was born in Lewisham, grew up in Pimlico, was a youth player with Palace and Fulham. While still on Fulham's books he went to Man City and then Sunderland

17 goals in 49 apps for Sunderland (32 starts), most of those in League 1

8 goals in 24 appearances for Bordeaux (only 8 starts)

His international career consists of coming on as a sub in a friendly against Ukraine.
  • According to some news articles from when he left Sunderland his wage went from £1k pw to £57k pw. That was a year ago, and moving to the premier league would probably lead to him wanting a pay rise.

A player from League One who can’t get a game in Ligue 1, wanting at least £60k pw? I’m good.
  • Not sure I believe Bordeaux are paying a 21-year-old (or anyone) 57k tbh.
  • Not sure I believe Bordeaux are paying a 21-year-old (or anyone) 57k tbh.

You are correct to doubt it. I just went to check where I read it, and the article I read said £57k per month, which is a far more likely salary. Not used to seeing footballers salaries written as anything other than weekly
  • West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice says he would love to play alongside Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount again. The duo, both 21, were involved in Chelsea's academy set-up. (Copa90)
  • He will when he regains his England spot :lol:
  • West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice says he would love to play alongside Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount again. The duo, both 21, were involved in Chelsea's academy set-up. (Copa90)

The headline for this video was Rice calling Mount "He's like a side dish and Nandos, he' just peas and mash."

More worrying is someone apparently superglued Wilshere's trainers to the floor during training, which I'm sure added a month of injuries.

• We've been linked with Dejan Louvren along with Arsenal, Spurs and Roma.
  • We’ve also been linked with having to sell at least two players to help our finances because of the virus so don’t read too much into it.
  • Tottenham will target West Ham centre-back Issa Diop, 23, and Wolves and Mexico striker Raul Jimenez, 28, in a £96.9m transfer move. (Football365)
  • Tottenham will target West Ham centre-back Issa Diop, 23, and Wolves and Mexico striker Raul Jimenez, 28, in a £96.9m transfer move. (Football365)

I’m sure we’ve been been rumours to value Diop at £50+. Can’t see Wolves selling Jimenez for anything less than £70m personally
  • Cos Spurs are going to splash out £60m odd on another striker to play in the Carabao Cup.
  • On paper, I don't think we need a lot.

As I see it, fitness pending (massive caveat at this club), we can go into next season with:

GK: Fab/Randy
    RB: Ngakia/Fredericks
    LB: Cresswell/*
    CB: Diop/*
    CB: Ogbonnna/Balbuena
    CM: Rice/*
    CM: Soucek/Noble
    AM: Fornals/Wilshere
    RF: Bowen/Diangana
    LF: Anderson/Masuaku
    CF: Haller/Antonio

If we get £25m for Lanzini (sorry Ham) and Yarmolenko and get in a top quality LB and CB cover, then we could have a decent, more balanced squad. The wages saved on releasing Reid, Sanchez and Zaba could possibly free up some money for cover for Rice and Soucek at CM (I'm making Noble a squad player) and possibly another option at CF if we get our recruitment right.
  • I think we need more upfront Antonio has had a few injuries and is not an out and out forward and Haller has been hit and miss so far
  • Too many players need to bring in and shift out and with no money its going to be difficult.
  • I think we need more upfront Antonio has had a few injuries and is not an out and out forward and Haller has been hit and miss so far

Yep, don't disagree. Bowen can play through the middle too, so in theory we have three CFs, plus Xande Silva should be fit for next season.

But I'd like to see another physical player come in to push both Haller and Antonio.
  • I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if Rice isn't here next season
  • I am sure there will be bids but it would deflate the whole club if he were sold. He is on a long contract so no pressure there, he does not seem like he would be a Payet and sulk as he seems a decent young man. so I couldn't see him pushing through a move, which would mean the only real reason to sell would be to cash in. We would never be able to attract such hot property so if we have any ambition at all we need keep him now we have him and build a team around him.

In my view he would be unlikely to sign a new contract after this one ends in 2024 unless we were flying high so we really have two season to build a team and really have a go, if we haven't progressed in two seasons time then we will need cash in.

If we need raise money at this time Anderson is the obvious candidate as he would attract some good bids but is a proving a bit of a luxury at present where as Rice is performing week in week out.
  • West Ham and Leicester are considering making moves for Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos.
  • Ah! Arnie Mk2?
  • Morelis appears to know where the goal is but is bit of a ticking time bomb. His disciplinary record isn't great, he needs careful handling.
  • West Ham insiders have said "nobody is safe" in the club's massive squad overhaul this summer with Chelsea circling around £70m-rated England midfielder Declan Rice, who left the Blues as a 15-year-old.
  • edited April 2020
    This story first appeared in the Telegraph (paywall) then the Sun and then everyone else has basically cut-and-paste the same story

The Sun quotes "a Hammers source" saying...
    There are a lot of players who came in under the last manager that are on a lot of money. Good lads but they are little use to the team.

It’s got to come to a head at some point and people will have to move on.

But rebuilding the team is also going to require major funds and they may have to be generated from selling players too.
    As far as I can tell Rice is named simply because he's our most valuable (and saleable) player.

Creative journalism?
  • nah - papers dont make things up :lol:
  • Manchester United have been linked with another bid for West Ham midfielder Declan Rice but the MEN understands United's interest in him has cooled.
This discussion has been closed.