Amalfitano

Any others?

Only three and all crosssd the line probably

Nothing to worry about, you carry on Slav "and all that"
  • steve said:

is there anyone who has not had a falling out with Bilic ;hmm

Me ;wave
    Not what Slavs been saying ;whistle
  • Bilic has been playing AC up in the last week, telling the world he loves him "and all that".......

There's a reason for that, this is the 3rd (4th) season on the bounce that the boy has suffered a long term injury, even after a decent pre-season, he picks up an injury that nobody knew he had, he didn't come off during the game and it didn't present itself until the next day. He's trying to lift his spirits.

Bilic is only repeating what big bad SA said about AC, also think you're very close regarding AC's current "attitude" Yeold, which is hardly surprising, because rehab is absolutely soul destroying and mentally challenging most of the time, especially when you have to do it year after year after year. It's not about "bottle".

The club are into damage limitation now with various issues......AC, Sakho and the Arbeloa incident.

This ^^^^^
  • Sakho
    Arbeloa
    Amalfitano

Any others?

Zarate? Or was that Allardyce?

• There's a reason for that, this is the 3rd (4th) season on the bounce that the boy has suffered a long term injury, even after a decent pre-season, he picks up an injury that nobody knew he had, he didn't come off during the game and it didn't present itself until the next day. He's trying to lift his spirits.

Bilic is only repeating what big bad SA said about AC, also think you're very close regarding AC's current "attitude" Yeold, which is hardly surprising, because rehab is absolutely soul destroying and mentally challenging most of the time, especially when you have to do it year after year after year. It's not about "bottle".

The club are into damage limitation now with various issues......AC, Sakho and the Arbeloa incident.

I am sorry for putting up the whole "quote" up but I think Slaven_Cups_His_Beard deserves more than 3 agrees and 3 cheered up from me for the above post.
  • Ok it looks like I have repeated my response above. In my defence by computer is on the blink and I have had a few beers but I stand by what was written above, twice... ;lol
  • You carry on Preston

;wink

(Cheque is in the post)
  • Sakho
    Arbeloa
    Amalfitano

Any others?

Zarate? Or was that Allardyce?
    Think it was mainly BFS but he did leave after Slav came in
  • ;weep when will it all end
  • ;weep

Team bus

• Depends how bad it is but according to physioroom......

"As a general rule, grade one Calf strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks and grade two injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks. In the case of a complete rupture, the Calf muscle will have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation afterwards will take about 3 months."

"With a grade one Calf strain gentle jogging can usually be initiated between seven and nine days after injury and straight line sprinting is usually started after 3 weeks"

Providing it isn't serious then he might be available by early December.
  • Can it really be bad luck, year after year? Or do we need to just get rid of our physio and training staff and bring in people who know what they're doing?
    Who is responsible for our fitness training ..... Del Boy & Rodney?
  • edited November 2016
    MIA - Slaven replaced most of Sam's people, the only people left are Stevie Potts as development coach and Eamon Swift who is fitness rehabilitation coach.

Head fitness coach is Miljenko Rak who worked with Slav at Croatia, CSKA Moscow and Besiktas but he's been a football fitness coach for 20 years, before that he worked with the Yugoslav Olympic athletics and handball teams
  • I have long thought that the club use this nhs.uk/Conditions/Pages/hub.aspx
  • edited November 2016
    When considering the Hammers injury woes please spare a thought for Joey Barton, the poor mite was signed off today with stress, bless him.

I always knew Poor Joey was just too sensitive for his own good. I am now awaiting Roy Keane to file a complaint of Bullying against those rough Irish players.
  • edited November 2016
    http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2016/november/09-november/treatment-room

Hopeful for Spurs: Ginge, Sakho

Still out: Carroll, Oxford, Reid, Byram, Tore (sounds like none are back to 1st team training yet).
  • good to see Sakho up and running forgive and forget we need him ;hug
  • edited November 2016
    Today's update:
    http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2016/november/17-november/treatment-room

Collins, Reid and Sakho are all in full training and should be available for selection by the manager.

Carroll + Masuake have been training with the U23s.

Tore 'joins training' next week ( ;hmm not clear from the article if 1st team or U23).

Reece Oxford, Sam Byram still a ways off.
  • steve said:

good to see Sakho up and running forgive and forget we need him ;hug

especially if he starts scoring for fun again...
  • He will get my backing while he pulls in the shirt, but it's going to take a few goals for me to forget his behaviour that cost us 15m and possibly no Zaza situation/deal, his transfer collapsing had a knock on effect, i'm sure of that
  • edited November 2016
    I don't think he and Bilic have made up. I think the owners have forced Bilic's hand, since the strikers we have currently aren't doing the business and Sakho has done it before, they are saying he has to play. I think this might be the first step to Bilic moving on sadly. I also do not think Sakho still wants to play for us, he still looks like the arrogant fool that puts himself above all others. To a degree his behaviour although not nice is understandable with the amount of attention Payet gets from the PR department in comparison to everyone else at the club. not that currently Sakho warrants any attention what so ever.
  • Yeold

Well, I pretty much disagree with all of that. ;ok
  • edited November 2016
    So Sakho joins back in 2014 after the club already mucked him about. Remember the old Metz legal action threat followed by his name up on the OS within hours?

He has a good debut season (12 goals?) and then struggles with injury last season. Still, a lot of our most memorable wins came with him leading the line (Arsenal, LFC, Man City, Man Utd).

After which, Sully basically says "none of our strikers are good enough, we need a new star striker to lead the line so we can push on". Sakho is unhappy about this, makes it seem like he will be down the pecking order struggling for games.

Little did he know we'd end up with Zaza, Calleri and Fletcher.

Was his attitude spot on? No. Should he have been more professional? Yes. Same could be said for Sully. But the club made it clear he was 'available' and he knew WBA and Sunderland were interested.

Nobody will care if he comes off the bench tomorrow and bags the winning goal. The fans will be back chanting when Sakho likes to score and he'll be back with his crossed hammers salute.
  • So how many goals did Sakho score last season? Then Sully was not out of order saying we need a 20 goal a season player, like all clubs do.
    Sakho now appears to be injury free for the first time in nearly 2 years, that is able to play without injections etc. He has thrown his toys out but maybe with a little justification but the Club tried to sell him on when he was so obviously unfit which reflects poorly on us imo.

I agree that he will get the support of the fans as he is a favourite and if he scores all the better.

Welcome back Sakho.
  • edited November 2016
    Even when he doesn't score, we're better with Sakho playing. I don't really have very high expectations for player behaviour anymore, so as long he's there, I'd rather see him play.
  • IH - last season Sakho scored 5 goals in 22 appearances (plus 2 for 2 in the Europa) but he only played as a striker for a dozen of those, the rest of the time he was shunted out to the wing.

Little chance of that with the number of wide players we've got on our books!