Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• I have to say the Carroll situation has gone beyond a joke now and not having a consistent goal scorer has stopped us becoming a very good team for so long now the board really need to think very carefully about our next striker purchase.
  • edited October 2016
    I'm just glad we didn't sign Yedder for £8m because he's only scored 3 in 5 appearances for Sevilla ;doh
  • Why has he only made 5 appearances?
  • edited October 2016
    If you include Supercopa and Champions League games Yedder's made 10 appearances and scored 4 goals.

If you don't he's now 6 apps 3 goals, Sevilla have played 8 Liga matches but Yedder was absent for two of those, no idea why
  • edited October 2016
    I've been checking the Spanish press with Google translate, he scored on the opening day but had gone three league games without a goal, the last of which he was taken off at half time, he wasn't injured so he must have been fairly poor.

He was dropped for a couple of games, didn't even make the bench which was mentioned by the Spanish media but was restored to the starting XI and scored two goals.

Perhaps we should try resting Zaza for a couple of games, see if it helps.....
  • Was on the bench today, and didn't get on. Stephen N'Zonzi scored, putting Sevilla top o' the league.
  • Why has he only made 5 appearances?

too small ?
  • Hamstew said:

Why has he only made 5 appearances?

too small ?
    Tony Cottee? Ben Yedder would have been better that what we have had so far this season but that wouldn't be difficult.

• Hamstew said:

Why has he only made 5 appearances?

too small ?
    Tony Cottee? Ben Yedder would have been better that what we have had so far this season but that wouldn't be difficult.

I know I said it because that was apparently the main reason why we didn't sign him even though he is taller than that argy chap we have
  • Hamstew, Slav knows best that's why he keeps bigging up Zaza! ;wink
  • Any further news on Fernandes? Hopefully not a bad one as he has looked very good
  • It looked to me that he got a knee in the thigh. He walked off ok when they realised he wasn't Lanzini ;doh
    So it didn't look too bad but hey this is West Ham so probably 3 months and an op. ;lol
  • edited October 2016
    That's such rubbish.

The info put out today by the club about Sakho and Carroll is completely consistent with what has been said before.

Dunno where C+H get the impression that there is some kind of contradiction between what was said before and what was said today.

Because there isn't.

Still, gets them the click throughs, and their advertising revenue, I suppose. ;doh

For the record:
    This week, Ac continues his rehab. Last week, AC is making steady progress and continues his rehab. (The 'bridges to cross comment, mentioned as 'last week' by C+H was over 2 weeks ago).

Last week - Diafra Sakho will start training in controlled U23 sessions on Monday. He will then join the first-team squad the following week. This week: Diafra Sakho has been training all week with the Under-23s in controlled but hard sessions. Will join the first-team squad next week.
  • edited October 2016
    Fortune, my preference is to not worry too much about how other bloggers etc reinterpret the bulletins put out by the club, but to look at the actual bulletins.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/October/28-October/From-the-Treatment-Room

So as to avoid being misled by (accidental or deliberate) misrepresentations.
  • it's all about the hits for old Hughie!!
  • Sakho fit for Afcon thats all. I doubt he plays for West Ham again.
  • If he doesn't play we can't sell him on if that's what you want.
  • edited October 2016
    Then he plays, for us that is.
  • edited October 2016
    We will see. Id listen out for his interview at his next club. Reckon he will talk alot of trash about West Ham.
  • I really really don't get the situation with Sakho, I can't help feeling we haven't been told the full story. According to the OS, although he's joining the first team next week he's still several weeks away from being re-introduced gradually into games, so we're looking like December at the earliest. Our season started in July and he still won't be fit till December?????
  • I wonder if he really does just have a chronic back injury?
  • I heard he had been using medication to ease his back injury but had recently been able to train with no adverse reaction without the additional treatment.
  • That sounds good ;ok
  • The amount of information on any specific injuries to AC will always lead to rumours. Why haven' t they come out and said what he actually has? It' s almost as if they were tryingto cover up some doping ban or something by claiming he has an injury. The same could be said for DS, though, as nobody really seems why he failed the medical at West Brom. (I might just have missed the odd bulletin due to work, though, and am just rambling about )
  • Regarding Sakho I think Slav has just smoothed things over in some of the press conferences, from the moment it was rumoured he'd questioned Slav for not picking him against AFC then I didn't think it would end well, apology or not.

Then to be hopelessly out of shape and 3 months behind, probably was the straw that broke the camels back, I didn't think I'd see him in a WHU shirt again and can see him gone in January.
  • Comments about signing a striker in January have been moved to the 'January transfer window' thread ;ok
  • Andy Carroll chased by armed motorcyclists after leaving training on Wednesday. He managed to return to Rush Green safely. . Police are investigating