Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Slav was asked about it at his press conf. earlier. Says he's OK.

Also referring to his rehab, if all goes according to plan, he'll be "back on the pitch in two weeks."
  • I hear its the fastest time recorded for any striker running from the car park at rush Green ...
  • Its the fastest he has moved for months.
  • Getting him to play for us is like a shot gun wedding ;wink

Perhaps Bilic needs to get armed at training from now on with a shoot to kill policy
    if he doesn't get fit quick enough ;lol
  • Andy will be back on the pitch in 2 weeks. Slav does not say if this is the first team pitch.
  • Yes chased by a motor bike with 2 hooded men a round the pitch until Slav is satisfied with his fitness levels ;biggrin
  • bet Carroll gets a setback to his injury to rule him out for Xmas and New Years
  • my real worry is how can he be expected to run with a bullet proof vest on ..
  • Run? I don't think he is up to running. ;hmm
  • I think G&S have put a hit out on him to claim insurance ;lol
  • Back on the pitch in two weeks? Yeah flat on his back on the pitch in two weeks and thirty seconds I expect. ;doh
  • Reid out for 5 weeks apparently, but he misses Stoke anyway then it's the international break.
  • Grade 1 hamstring, Slav said this morning. (Normally around 3 wks for that?) ;hmm
  • Probably won't see AC until late December / early January

Don't shoot the messenger.....

(Bike or no bike)
  • Slaven, What December are you referring too. ;lol
  • Fortunately this one, hopefully

Club have done their usual "number" on one of his injuries for fear of a fan backlash
  • Starting to think Bilic wasn't far off the mark when he made a little comment about AC needing to be more professional on and off the pitch if he wants to extend himself to be a great footballer. I do think we need to move him on ASAP though I just do not think he has the bottle himself to keep going I think injuries have affected him big time mentally to the point that I think he has given up hope on himself in making it. I don't think he has the hunger anymore.
  • Reece Oxford out for four weeks with ankle ligaments, injured while training last Saturday according to the Mirror.
  • Bilic has been playing AC up in the last week, telling the world he loves him "and all that".......

There's a reason for that, this is the 3rd (4th) season on the bounce that the boy has suffered a long term injury, even after a decent pre-season, he picks up an injury that nobody knew he had, he didn't come off during the game and it didn't present itself until the next day. He's trying to lift his spirits.

Bilic is only repeating what big bad SA said about AC, also think you're very close regarding AC's current "attitude" Yeold, which is hardly surprising, because rehab is absolutely soul destroying and mentally challenging most of the time, especially when you have to do it year after year after year. It's not about "bottle".

The club are into damage limitation now with various issues......AC, Sakho and the Arbeloa incident.
  • I see the database is working as usual...........
  • I see the database is working as usual...........

Don't be daft Izzy, you've got "Agree" and "CMU" attributed
  • What's the Arbeloa incident? Have I missed something here?
  • the Arbeloa incident.

A new movie release ;hmm
  • edited November 2016
    Had a falling out with Bilic

Hence no injury updates after reported "knock"