Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• 16/17 - 4 (1 EPL, 3 Europa) out of 13
    15/16 - 32 (27 EPL, 4 FAC, 1 LC) out of 51
    14/15 - 16 (14 EPL, 2 FAC) out of 43
    13/14 - 16 (15 EPL, 1 LC) out of 45

Total 68 out of 150 so AC's been missing 55% of the time
  • edited October 2016
    AC's got another two and a half seasons left on his contract, its reckoned he's on around £4m a year.

We could buy him out for £10m although I guess he might take half as he's 27 and will probably be able to sign on a free to some Chinese club who'll pay his stonking great wages.
  • He'll go to another Prem team should he leave in the near future, possibly Newcastle.

I hope he stays.
  • Get him fit for Jan and move him on.
  • Bloke at work reckons he takes so long to heal as he drinks too much which would n't surprise me , a touch of the Bryan Robson's about him.

Great idea. Before he goes to bed on New Year's Eve Slav can put Carroll under his pillow so when he wakes up the Football Fairy will have taken Carroll away and left £10m so he can buy a replacement striker.

Its just that easy........
  • edited October 2016
    Thing is he's been told by Sam and Bilic to focus on his football and professionalism.

Still see him in the pub at 3am. Still see him on holiday every other week.

Obviously not going in. But on £75,000 a week, it's not really his concern. He doesn't stop getting paid when injured.
  • Although a 3am McD's didn't do Cresserz any harm ;lol

Great idea. Before he goes to bed on New Year's Eve Slav can put Carroll under his pillow so when he wakes up the Football Fairy will have taken Carroll away and left £10m so he can buy a replacement striker.

Its just that easy........
    Never said it would, but getting him off the wage bill and in Jan when clubs go a bit mental with money might be able to get some money back from him.

Sell Carroll + Sakho, if Zaza doesn't pan out then try the impossible and throw 30m for Icardi and see what Inter do.
  • So Icardi is going to score 10-12 goals after Christmas?
  • Would probably play more than Carroll and Sakho combined I reckon. So would stand a better chance.
  • IronHerb said:

He'll go to another Prem team should he leave in the near future, possibly Newcastle.

I hope he stays.

Something off about this ;hmm
  • edited October 2016
    Business during the winter transfer window is always less than the summer but even if this one does get "mental" I don't see any club being desperate enough to want to match Carroll's wage demands with his injury record. From what Slaven has said in interviews it seems that he regards AC as very much part of his plans and unless that changes I can see AC agreeing to a move away.

Sakho asked for a transfer and we still couldn't get rid of him, he might never play for us again but unless we offer to pay him off he's going to be clogging up our wage bill. Maybe we can find a loan deal for the rest of the season like Valencia.

Oh yeah, Valencia will be coming back at the end of the season, he's hardly played for Everton and he's another player with a contract until 2019.
  • If Carroll never gets fit, if Sakho sails away with the fairies, if Zaza turns out to be rubbish (I hope he doesn`t cos there`s something about him I like) then why not give Fletcher and/or Martinez a proper run in the side. We also have Ayew due back very soon. A bit of a gamble maybe, but no more of a gamble than spending £30 million on someone who may or may not score goals. If by next summer we are still in the premier league, if we can hold on to the (very good) core we have ;pray then I think the Daves need to dig very deep and try for three or four top top class players rather than the slightly haphazard approach of this summer.

I would still love Big Andy to stay and play just one whole season, but even I as his number one fan ;scary , can`t ever see this happening.

Meant to say that if the Daves want top top players they will have to accept the fact that they are very very expensive in terms of fees and wages. ;scarf
  • Gotta give up on Andy, unfortunately he's almost impossible to shift

January is never a good time hopefully zaza will have settled and shown enough for us to take a chance

Sakho who knows only people in the club will

Would rather us save our money to attack the summer with ambition

Top 6 is already too ambitious and unless something horrendous happens we won't finish bottom 3 so no rel need for go for broke

With Cresswell & Ayew back we should be alight and fingers crossed one Carroll can come back or Zaza comes good
  • IronHerb said:

He'll go to another Prem team should he leave in the near future, possibly Newcastle.

I hope he stays.

Something off about this ;hmm
    Newcastle will be back next season imo. ;ok
  • ;biggrin I agree
  • who will be our first striker to score this season in the prem
    A Zaza,
    B Carroll,
    C Sakho
    D Fletcher,
    C Calleri,
    D Jan signing, ................ ;hmm
  • Forgot about Callieri. I think Zaza will score this saturday. ;scarf
  • Ironherb - Newcastle are on course for promotion but would Rafa Benitez want Andy Carroll?
  • Well he's got Mitrovic, similar style though he misses lots of games through discipline issues. ;whistle
  • Herb - McLaren signed Mitrovic and Benitez doesn't seem to rate him. He's only played the full 90 minutes twice since Rafa took over, this season he started twice but otherwise he's only come on as a sub and the last two games he stayed on the bench.
  • Aslef is the new #statlord ;hmm

;quaver are you Alderz in disguise
  • edited October 2016
    I am alderz's evil twin........with less hair, more weight and trains
  • Forgot about Callieri. I think Zaza will score this saturday. ;scarf

I reckon after today we should forget about Zaza and consider giving Calleri or Fletcher a start?

• edited October 2016
    "quote" rel="Fortuneseeker" I reckon after today we should forget about Zaza and consider giving Calleri and fletcher a start
    Fixed it.....
  • Aslef didn't choose the #statlyfe, the #statlyfe chose him