Really, does no one want to do this one? Liverpool (H) 12:30 Sat 27 April Live on TNT

Comments

• edited April 27
    What did Taylor give them a foul for there???? Stopped a very dangerous break.
  • Not sure what's going on.
  • Very strange, all of that just then
  • Ref saved us there. Wasn't a free kick. Then he covered himself by pretending it was to call the physio on
  • I think Anthony Taylor has saved Areola there. He didn't award a free kick.
  • Some things don't change, we're so vulnerable from our corners.
  • edited April 27
    You forget just how quick Salah is, that was a lightning run and we were fortunate that his pass was poor
  • Tell you what, if that was at the other end the ref would’ve found time to take the corner.
  • Liverpool at Anfield would have been allowed to take that corner 100%
  • Very happy with a point, and Liverpool completely out of the title race now 😊😊😊.
  • Main thing now is just end the season well. Europe is gone but we can end strongly.
  • Well you have to respect the point but that was a weird game
  • alderz said:

Tell you what, if that was at the other end the ref would’ve found time to take the corner.

After our last corner, probably a good job he didn’t.
  • Well that’s one point we weren’t expecting.
  • We didn’t play well today. We were fortunate to get the draw. But that was not a good performance.
  • Well, the 2 guys in front of me in the Sainsbury's queue this morning will be pleased. They were buying lots of beer, and expecting to be beaten 3-0.
  • Whatever spin is put on this game, the fact is that we again threw away a lead and lost points. How many is that from winning positions? Can't see us getting any European games next season. Hardly saw Paqueta contribute in this game. May be Moyes ought to try some younger and hungry players for the next three games.
  • But we are also one of the leading teams for points gained from losing positions so it’s not all one way.
  • We are totally useless. Why would anybody want to come and manage this lot, they’re inept.

Well apart from two superb goals eh?
  • Slacker said:

We are totally useless. Why would anybody want to come and manage this lot, they’re inept.

Well apart from two superb goals eh?
    We scored two decent goals but I personally thought the performance was really bad. They had 28 shots and if they could finish would have absolutely buried us. We look so open in midfield and a mess at the back.
  • No doubt Liverpool were the better side but I think most of us thought that’d be the case didn’t we?
  • Slacker said:

No doubt Liverpool were the better side but I think most of us thought that’d be the case didn’t we?

Were you happy with the way we played?
  • Not our best performance but we didn’t embarrass ourselves against a side fighting to win the Premiership.
  • edited April 27

Not our best performance but we didn’t embarrass ourselves against a side fighting to win the Premiership.

Not any more they're not 😊😊😊. Although if they're after the Premiership, perhaps they should move to Scotland or try egg chasing 😂🤣😂.

• edited April 27
    For those saying that Taylor never gives us anything, he saved us when Areola put the ball down in what appeared to be open play.
  • edited April 27

Slacker said:

No doubt Liverpool were the better side but I think most of us thought that’d be the case didn’t we?

Were you happy with the way we played?
    Reasonably yeah. It was certainly better than last week’s shambles and not as bad as some seem to think.
    And it was against one of the best teams in Europe.

• MIAHammer said:

For those saying that Taylor never gives us anything, he saved us when Areola put the ball down in what appeared to be open play.

He really did. The Liverpool player should have put that in the net just to make Taylor look bad anyhow, no reason to prevent him scoring in that situation. I agree Liverpool would have been allowed to take that corner were it at the other end, but I would have been fuming about bias had he denied our player putting that in the net.

I can't imagine what reason he has for denying play to take it's course according to the rules in that situation. Yet another example of our poor officials.
  • I'll give Taylor that one, begrudgingly 😂🤣😂, thought he failed to give us some really clear fouls though.

It raises the question though, what on earth was Areola thinking?
  • I thought we played well in the first half, but were pretty rubbish in the second, fwiw
  • I'll give Taylor that one, begrudgingly 😂🤣😂, thought he failed to give us some really clear fouls though.

It raises the question though, what on earth was Areola thinking?

That would have been typical us if they had scored there.