Really, does no one want to do this one? Liverpool (H) 12:30 Sat 27 April Live on TNT

edited April 26 in Match Threads
Less than 24 hours until kick off. Oh well.

Moyes says

"Jarrod Bowen is back training so there’s a good chance he’ll be available. We’ll still need to monitor him"

“Nayef is not available. Dinos has a chance, but we’ll have to see how he is.”

Klopp says

Diogo Jota and Conor Bradley "not ready". Joel Matip and Thiago both long term injuries but don't seem to have been missed

Good news for Bubbles!!!

Comments

• I would but, my record is woeful. I don't want to be responsible for a 0-6 drubbing, which would undoubtedly happen if I did this thread hahaha
  • I would have to ,But feel we are going to go on a 4 game winning streak .And being old will forget to start the first match thread next season =)
  • I’m sure this will make many of you smile 🤣🤣🤣🤣

West Ham United (First Team) v Liverpool FC (First Team)
    Premier League
    Referee: Taylor, Anthony
    Assistant Referee: Beswick, Gary
    Assistant Referee: Nunn, Adam
    Fourth Official: Smith, Josh
    Video Assistant Referee: Robinson, Tim
    Additional Video Assistant Referee: Smith, Wade
  • If Paqueta doesn't behave himself, Anthony Taylor will send him off. If Paqueta stays on, he could win us this game. 🤞
  • If Paqueta doesn't behave himself, Anthony Taylor will send him off. If Paqueta stays on, he could win us this game. 🤞

Taylor could send him (or anyone else) off even if he doesn't misbehave; he's got form for wrongly sending our players off against a team from Liverpool.

We never get a fair run of things with Taylor in charge, remember when Sakho was poleaxed by Schmeichel early in Leicester's title season? For all the generally poor decision making that we see in the PL, I just know we'll get it against us with Taylor in charge; I really hate having him ref us.

• edited April 27
    My worry about this is with all the ‘noise’ around Moyes’ future, the season just sort of peters out. I hope we can get motivated to give them a game & try and take three points, but 6th is now beyond us, we’re only really playing for 7th & we’ve got a tricky 3/4 final games.

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

Fabianski, Mavropanos, Johnson, Cresswell, Phillips, Cornet, Antonio, Ings, Mubama
  • I think Johnson deserves a start.
  • I think Johnson deserves a start.

But who would you take out against Liverpool?
  • Probably Soucek or Ogbonna
  • Team is…

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez
    Bowen - Paqueta - Kudus
    Antonio
  • edited April 27
    Hopefully Paqueta is on the left & Kudus as a 10.

We need to try & replicate what we did against Bayer.
  • edited April 27
    Klopp makes five changes from midweek

Quansah, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott and Gakpo come in

Konate, Szoboszlai, Jones Nunez and Sallah drop to the bench

Would have liked to see Ward-Prowse in the starting XI as Liverpool looked a bit shaky with set pieces against Everton
  • Yet another hard watch ,all Liverpool
  • edited April 27
    Diaz miles offside and yet the flag doesn't go up till he misses. If the lino couldn't see that, he shouldn't be there.
  • Anyone know what the problem is with Kudus' wrist/hand?
  • Diaz miles offside and yet the flag doesn't go up till he misses. If the lino couldn't see that, he shouldn't be there.

It’s not about being able to see it or not, they aren’t supposed to flag until the shot happens.
  • Van Dijk should be in the book, but the ref played advantage, and doesn’t go back to book him. Same thing happened last week with Will Hughes
  • “Offside flag saves West Ham” commentator says. But the guy was offside, so why are we saved exactly?
  • alderz said:

Diaz miles offside and yet the flag doesn't go up till he misses. If the lino couldn't see that, he shouldn't be there.

It’s not about being able to see it or not, they aren’t supposed to flag until the shot happens.
    That's not true, they should flag if it's clear.
  • Why is this taking so long
  • Oh my word, so many issues, not least a clear handball but surely the initial offside must prevail
  • Why VAR taking so long when he's clearly offside?
  • Saying on the box, why does it take two minutes when it's a clear offside
  • VAR did their very best to make that onside there
  • I think that Liverpool should experiment a bit and play rush goalie
  • I think that Liverpool should experiment a bit and play rush goalie

I'd prefer two of their players to have a punch up and both be sent off.
  • Get in!
  • Get in, Bowen.
  • Oh my, Bowen get in, that is hilarious, where did that come from