Leverkusen Away Thursday 11th

Comments

• From the presser:

"Jarrod isn't with us, he's twisted his knee and there's some sort of damage.

"We can't give any dates of when he might be back, unfortunately.

"He's an England international and we know how important he is to our team, so he'll be a miss for sure. But we have good players who can come in, so we'll stay positive."

Doesn't sound good, I thought it was his back/hip area.
  • Phillips also definitely out, although it had to be doubtful that he'd have played:

"Kalvin Phillips has picked up a problem and will be missing tomorrow.

"It looks like he's tweaked his hamstring a bit, but we don't think it's a long-term problem.

"Alphonse Areola isn't here."
  • Not good news is it .Never rains and all that .Can Cornet do 90 mins =)
  • Getting scarier by the hour
  • We are without Bowen, Alvarez and Areola. Phillips is injured (just as well) https://www.whufc.com/news/team-news-moyes-offers-squad-update-ahead-bayer-leverkusen-battle .

I think Johnson would play in midfield and Moyes he hoping that Antonio. Kudus and Paqueta will nick a goal. Coronet and Ings may provide a bit of relief. Maybe Moyes is dreaming up some tactical changes, like last week's game at Wolves.
  • I think Fab would have played anyhow as he is the cup keeper this season. Bowen huge miss but if Cresswell can have a good game I still think Emerson can cause them problems, he is not Bowen by any means but it's not like asking Coufal to play that position as Emerson is very capable in the opposition half.

Everything is against us but we know we can pull a surprise every now and again. I recall against Arsenal away we were without players and had our best result of the season so far.... so far.
  • From the presser:

"Jarrod isn't with us, he's twisted his knee and there's some sort of damage.

"We can't give any dates of when he might be back, unfortunately.

"He's an England international and we know how important he is to our team, so he'll be a miss for sure. But we have good players who can come in, so we'll stay positive."

Doesn't sound good, I thought it was his back/hip area.

The bloke making notes for the OS during Moyes's presser made a right hash of it imo; Moyes makes no reference to Bowen having injured his knee, but instead says what we all thought, that he injured his back/hip when he got a knee there from a Wolves player.

From the "team news" article rather than the "As it happened" article:

"Jarrod's not with us. He's got an injury and he's not available to play tomorrow night. We're not sure about when he might return at the moment.

"We think [when he got the knee in his back] he's twisted and he's probably damaged a bit of something, a bit like a fast bowler gets in cricket. It's about the rotation, which is where we think the damage has come from."
  • Matchday.

COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • Tonight is obviously going to be a very tough match, but a further consideration is that both Paqueta and Emerson are on a yellow card, so a booking tonight will mean they miss the second leg.
  • Just hope we don't get well beaten. It would be great to go into next week with a fighting chance
  • edited April 11
    The bloke making notes for the OS during Moyes's presser made a right hash of it imo; Moyes makes no reference to Bowen having injured his knee, but instead says what we all thought, that he injured his back/hip when he got a knee there from a Wolves player.

From the "team news" article rather than the "As it happened" article:

"Jarrod's not with us. He's got an injury and he's not available to play tomorrow night. We're not sure about when he might return at the moment.

"We think [when he got the knee in his back] he's twisted and he's probably damaged a bit of something, a bit like a fast bowler gets in cricket. It's about the rotation, which is where we think the damage has come from."

It looks like you are right Buffy but the BBC published the damaged knee story then followed by Sky. It just goes to show how a story travels on Media and quickly becomes fact even when probably wrong.
  • edited April 11

It looks like you are right Buffy but the BBC published the damaged knee story then followed by Sky. It just goes to show how a story travels on Media and quickly becomes fact even when probably wrong.

Don't sound quite so surprised, it does happen occasionally 😂🤣😂

• Fabiański, Coufal, Zouma ©, Mavropanos, Cresswell, Emerson, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Kudus, Paquetá, Antonio
    Subs: Anang (GK), Knightbridge (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Casey, Orford, Earthy, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

Back 3 or back 4?
  • Glad Cresswell gets an opportunity to get a red card
  • edited April 11
    Probably need a back 10.
  • Glad Cresswell gets an opportunity to get a red card

I'm dreading attacks down our left if we're playing a back 4 with Cresswell at LB and Zouma at LCB.

• At lest we have a strong bench if things go pear shape =)
  • Loving the positivity on here.👍
  • Boy we lack squad depth
  • Can we agree on a 1-0 loss now please and have vs a full squad next week.
  • Who do we want in the semi Milan or Roma . =)
  • The obvious side with the absentees.

We should be outclassed as we are probably playing a Champions League side in the Europa but we know we can give the Champions league sides in our own league a game (City aside) and given a little luck and our players raising their game there is no reason we can't at the very least keep the tie open for next week.

Let's give it a proper go ....
  • All set.

Beer ✔
    Peanuts ✔
    Sofa to hide behind ✔
  • COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • And VPN installed!
  • I'm nervous though. I've had quite a nice(ish) day.

Don't want it to go downhill...
  • What have we done to deserve Robbie Savage on every Europa game?
  • Feel like this will just be like Brighton vs Roma and the tie will be over in the first leg. Can only hope for a miracle.