Newcastle (howay) 12.30 Saturday 30th March

Comments

• I feel like I watch this VAR screen more than I watch actual football. 3 minutes of VAR checking already and we’ve only been going for 5 minutes. Ok it’s a penalty still. Great.
  • Don’t know how that isn’t offside?
  • We never get VAR decisions go our way, so penalty will stand.
  • edited March 30
    Commentators suggesting Schar didn’t play it forward deliberately? So you can accidentally play it forward and it’s not an offside, but the if the ball is in the same postcode as a West Ham strikers arm we get goals disallowed.
  • We never get VAR decisions go our way, so penalty will stand.

Yep, told you.

1-0 down already.
  • He clearly did play it forward deliberately. What are they suggesting he was trying to do with it otherwise
  • How has Kudus suddenly got this much hair
  • How has Kudus suddenly got this much hair

Yeah I’ve been thinking that. Is it a wig?
  • Stop and start game
  • Just saw another replay and the Newcastle player was clearly knocking it forward
  • Time wasting already.
  • He clearly did play it forward deliberately. What are they suggesting he was trying to do with it otherwise

Obvious. He wanted to pass it back to the goalkeeper.
  • This could be a 60 min half =)
  • Nice turn by Antonio, but typical useless shot from outside the box.
  • 29yo Swedish CB/RB Emil Krafth on for Lascalles, 12 appearances, only two starts in the League Cup this season
  • That’s a quality goal. What a pass from Paqueta
  • Antonio, as long as it's onside.
  • Quality goal. I wonder how many times Antonio has actually finished a 1v1
  • Excellent run and finish by Antonio!
  • Did Antonio just score one on one =)
  • Nice turn by Antonio, but typical useless shot from outside the box.

Yup , useless.😉

• Antonio, as long as it's onside.

Yep, clearly onside, get in. Quality pass from Paqueta, and a good finish by Antonio this time, from inside the box obviously.
  • edited March 30
    Slacker said:

Nice turn by Antonio, but typical useless shot from outside the box.

Yup , useless.😉

So you're saying the first shot, where he blasted well over the bar, wasn't useless? He's dreadful at shooting from range, he should be banned from doing it.
  • Slacker said:

Nice turn by Antonio, but typical useless shot from outside the box.

Yup , useless.😉

You know where the box starts and ends, right? 😉
  • edited March 30
    I still don't get the penalty decision at all still ? How can you "accidentally" play it forward ? if the ball comes off your player and goes into the path of another one of your players that is offside ? has the rule changed on this ?
    Could you not argue that if you striker is in an offside position and the Keeper smacks the ball downfield and your Centre mid challenges for the ball in the air wins it and goes to your striker then they "accidentally" played it forward because they were just trying to win the ball in the air and not deliberately play it to their own striker?
  • Kudus fouled on the counter, tried to take a quick freekick, called back by the ref. No card for stopping the counter. No advantage at all. That’s one of my biggest annoyances I think.
  • Paqueta clearly fouled by Bruno, nothing given. He's still down injured too 😭😭😭
  • alderz said:

Kudus fouled on the counter, tried to take a quick freekick, called back by the ref. No card for stopping the counter. No advantage at all. That’s one of my biggest annoyances I think.

It seemed like it was the referee that stopped the quick free kick rather than one of their players.
  • Coufal gives the ball away with a very poor pass, Newcastle push on and very nearly score. Coufal not on it at all today.