West Ham Vs Nottingham Forest, Sunday 2pm (live on Sky)

1235»

Comments

• I expect Pep would sort him out. Pep would drop him for three games after some of the passes he fluffed today.
  • I agree that he can be very wasteful but alternatively he can split a defence with a pass that other players just don’t see. He doesn’t half graft as well, he’s certainly no show pony is he?
  • edited November 2023
    It was a frustrating game. We got the 3 points & it’s always nice to come off the right side of a 5 goal thriller but, for me, the performance wasn’t great.

Kudus & Paqueta take too long on the ball. I said this all game when watching it, & this was summarised nicely by the first Forest goal, where Kudus was robbed in our half. He also seems to never have his head up. Maybe just me, but his head is always down & he never seems to have a ‘picture’ of what is around him when he receives the ball. Undoubtedly talented, but he needs to sharpen up. I find a lot of Paqueta’s play very relaxed & careless.

Bowen did ok as the forward but it’s a bit of a 50-50 for me, he does have certain traits that are beneficial to him doing well there but are his traits better utilised as a wide forward/winger than a central striker? He has scored two in two playing more centrally but he often scores goals anyway. I wasn’t sure if him playing up top helped us or not.

The midfield 3 were too slow with the ball. JWP (I know he got two assists), Alvarez, constantly playing backwards. I think this was to do with us having no clear central link to Bowen, which is the issue when you have both Paqueta & Kudus playing more wide than in the middle.

I didn’t see any clear gameplan or patterns of play as to how we were going to break them down & go about winning the game. In the end, a mistake & two corners did the trick, but we have a lot to improve on. 17 points from 12 is a reasonable return, especially with our cup progress, but we do need to improve after the break.
  • Without Antonio, the team was clearly told to play out from the back. They were no more negative than Man City and other teams that do the same. What made it less effective was IMO Kudus and Paqueta not playing as wingers so no-one was making forward runs from wide.
    Anyway it was a cracking game with the right result for a change. 👍
  • Soucek was picked in Crooks' team of the week :o
  • Saw this on BBC HYS and I have to agree.

"Would love to hear Moyes explain why we use Zouma so often to play the ball out of defence into midfield. His passing is atrocious. He gave a hospital pass for Forest's equaliser and, time and time again, he puts team mates into trouble with his awful distribution. Aguerd can pass. So can Alvarez. Zouma should only ever pass back, sideways or, if any doubt, into touch!"

• Crooks has simply selected ten outfield players who scored goals this weekend
  • MrsGrey said:

Soucek was picked in Crooks' team of the week :o

He clearly did not watch the game.
  • Soucek did a lot of donkey work, covering the midfield and simply being in the right place at the right time do deny Forest space

That isn't why Crooks picked him but every team needs players to do the unglamourous stuff and Soucek does that
  • Soucek also was fouled (IMO) in the build up to the first goal.
  • Lukerz said:

Soucek also was fouled (IMO) in the build up to the first goal.

Can’t agree at all, if that was a foul there’s going to be 100’s of goals disallowed 👍🏻