West Ham Vs Nottingham Forest, Sunday 2pm (live on Sky)

edited November 2023 in Match Threads
I think this will be a tough match as Forest have been getting themselves together lately and beat Villa 2-0 last weekend, a Villa side that run us ragged the a couple of weeks earlier. It has also become a really big match to prevent us reverting back to the stresses of last season in which we begin to get dragged into the bottom six or so.

On the positive side we know we have the players to win this match and Kudus and Bowen have goals in them. I feel they may get one each this weekend. I am going for a nervy 2-1 home win.

Comments

• Hope there both fit .bruised and battered abit i think after tonight
  • edited November 2023
    Last season we beat Forest 4-0 at home with two goals from Ings but didn't score until the 71st minute. We had 12 shots on goal before we scored so maybe score a bit earlier this time and reduced the London Stadium's collective blood pressure

Cooper started the season playing with three at the back but has switched to 4-3-3 or 5-4-1 away against City and Liverpool. Are we a big enough challenge to go 5-4-1?

4-3-3 earned draws at Burnley, Brentford, Palace and Luton plus an unexpected win against Villa last weekend

They'll be missing CFs Chris Wood (thigh) and Divock Origi (hip), in their absence Taiwo Awoniyi (scored against us last season) is the only out-and-out striker although Cooper played LW/RW Anthony Elanga up front against Liverpool

Also missing LW Callum Hudson-Odoi (thigh), RB Gonzalo Montiel (calf) with CB Felipe doubtful (knee)
  • The ref is Michael Salisbury, who did well at Old Trafford last year in the FA Cup. Unfortunately, Bankes is on VAR.
    Hope Paqueta cuts out the rolling and tumbling and JWP makes the most of the free kicks we get. Is this the moment we find our form again? 3-1....
  • Areola
    Coufal - Mavropanos - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Paqueta - Fornals
    Bowen
  • Think Antonio will start ,Seeing as he was unused in midwek
  • Lukerz said:

Areola
    Soucek - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Paqueta - Fornals
    Bowen

Can't see Fornals starting ahead of both Alvarez and Antonio. Alvarez definitely starts imo, then it's 2 from 3 out of Antonio, Soucek and Kudus, and I'm really not sure which way Moyes will go; Kudus has done enough to start imo but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.

Expect to see:

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma/Mavropanos - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - JWP
    Bowen - Antonio - Paqueta

Might see:

Areola
    Alvarez - JWP
    Bowen - Kudus - Paqueta
    Antonio

Would prefer to see:

Areola
    Soucek - Alvarez - JWP
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta
  • edited November 2023
    Cooper says that apart from Hudson-Odoi all the players trained this week although "Not everyone will be ready for the weekend" while others "may be available for some minutes"

Cooper made three changes from the team that lost 3-0 to Liverpool for the win against Villa and switched from 5-4-1 to 4-3-3

The formation change saw CB Willy Boly on the bench and CF Taiwo Awoniyi return to the starting line up for the first time since 1st October although he has had problems with his fitness

GK Matt Turner had started all ten Premier League games but was replaced by Greece's Mo.1 Odysseas Vlachodimos who joined from Benfica on deadline day As he kept a clean sheet against Villa its likely he'll start again

LB Harry Toffolo replaced RB Serge Aurier with Ola Aina moving from left to right, Toffolo provided the assists for both goals before coming off injured after 70 minutes with Aurier replacing him.

Against Liverpool

Turner
    Aurier Boly Niakate Murillo Aina
    Gibbs-White Sangere Mangala Dominguez
    Elanga

Against Villa

Vlachodimos
    Aina Niakate Murillo Toffolo
    Sangere Mangala Dominguez
    Gibbs-White Awoniyi Elanga
  • Cooper has started the midfield trio of Sangare, Mangala and Dominguez six games in a row so pretty certain they will start today

Gibbs-White started 10 out of 11 so also pretty much nailed on
  • edited November 2023
    I am not convinced on Alvarez, personally. Little too headless chicken & not needed in a game like this. Not convinced on his quality either.

I expect we’ll see a similar 4-4-2 shape:

Areola
    Kudus - Alvarez - JWP - Paqueta
    Bowen - Antonio
  • I think Moyes only played 4-4-2 against Brentford because Paqueta and Alvarez were unavailable, now that they're back he'll revert to the more usual 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Antonio on the bench

Areola
    Coufal Mavropanis Aguerd Emerson
    Soucek Alvarez
    Kudus Ward-Prowse Paqueta
    Bowen
  • Lukerz, I don't disagree with your team above but I don't share your comments on Alvarez.
  • If we win today we’ve stuffed their owner twice in 4 days.
  • edited November 2023
    Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Emerson, Álvarez, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Paquetá, Kudus, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Cresswell, Mavropanos, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Fornals, Benrahma, Ings, Antonio

Pleased, but a little surprised, that Moyes has benched Antonio in favour of Kudus. It's the team I said I wanted, so this is all on me guys I'm afraid.
  • edited November 2023
    I just realised that Liverpool v Brentford also kicks off at 2pm today

Bet we get a few Scousers wandering in the William asking if they've got the Liverpool game on

Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Soucek Alvarez Ward-Prowse
    Kudus Bowen Paqueta

Forest unchanged from last weekend against Villa, Wood and Origi on the bench
  • WOW Moyes drops Antonio
  • No short corners please. Kudus, Soucek, Aguerd, Zouma and Bowen in the box
    Come on you Irons
  • Must win imo. Another loss and we are on a downward slope where it will be that we are lucky there are 3 other teams worse than us.
  • edited November 2023
    Get in. Paqueta gives us the perfect start.
  • Beautiful finish from Paqueta
  • No short corners please.

That lasted all of 5 minutes 😂🤣😂
  • Very good save by Areola there.
  • Should have made it 2 with that break. Kudus' pass was short and Paqueta fluffed the shot.
  • We are still very suspect with crosses, we don’t deal with them very well.
  • Shame, we broke so dangerously there but the pass from Kudus meant Paqueta had to slow and let the defenders get to him.
  • Coufal in the book, no complaints but perhaps unnecesary given the cover we had.
  • edited November 2023
    Good work from Coufal, Bowen unfortunately gave the defenders a yard head start.
  • How was Sangare not booked there?
  • Too many backward passes when we don’t need to. We just had a free kick on the halfway line. Three passes and we’re back to the goalkeeper.
  • Kudus robbed in midfield, 1-1🤦‍♂️