Cricket ODI World Cup

Comments

• Interesting to hear that over the last few years our record of chasing in odi’s is pretty poor so what makes them think they’re really good at it.
  • Defeat by over 300 runs if it happens is a record which will probably stand for a long time.
  • Interesting to hear that over the last few years our record of chasing in odi’s is pretty poor so what makes them think they’re really good at it.

I suspect it's because we've chased well in Tests and to a lesser extent T20s in the last 18 months.
  • Yay, we've reached 100 😂🤣😂
  • And now we're 8 down.
  • I'm afraid that SA are gonna be having a double celebration come tonight, I'll be keeping a very low profile in the next days.......
  • I didn't think our bowling was good enough to win in India, but I wasn't so concerned about our batting. I was also hoping that the Indian knowledge of the likes of Buttler, Stokes, Curran and Wood would help us, but apparently not ...
  • We should have sent our side out in reverse order.
  • edited October 2023
    170-9 and that's it as Topley isn't batting. Lose by 229 runs.
  • Nail biting.
  • Bairstow woulda been out first ball of the innings if Sri Lanka had reviewed the LBW shout. England playing for pride only imo; I don't think we'll go through even if we win all our remaining matches, especially given the big defeats (and consequent hit to our net run rate) to New Zealand and South Africa.
  • Malan has gone now, on review, caught behind. 45-1 off 6.3 overs.
  • Complete mix-up between Yorkshire teammates Root and Bairstow leaves the former run-out. 57-2.
  • Bairstow gone now for 30 off 31 balls, 68-3 off 13.2 overs. England's early momentum has gone, the runs have dried up and Bairstow succumbed to the pressure.
  • 77-4, Buttler gone for just 8.
  • 85-5, Livingstone out for 1. I suppose, with how we've played so far in the World Cup, that I shouldn't be surprised, but we're just so bad.
  • 89-5, Stokes given out but survives on review.
  • 122-6, Moeen gone.
  • edited October 2023
    123-7, Woakes very unlucky to be given out caught imo, the pictures for the umpire review of the catch were extremely blurry and I can't see how he could be given out on that evidence now that the "soft" signal has been done away with.
  • They should just come home now, save us from further embarrassment.
  • 156 all out, dreadful.
  • So time to sack the Aussie coach. That's two Aussie coaches that have helped run rugby and now cricket into the ground.
  • Hopefully the Aussie at the spuds could make it a hat trick =)
  • Kohli goes for a duck as England take on unbeaten hosts India who are now 27-2.
  • edited October 2023
    By far England's best bowling performance so far, admittedly on a fairly tough wicket to bat on, restricting India to just 229-9.
  • edited October 2023
    In typical fashion, we go from a good start at 30-0 in the 5th over, to 33-3 in the 8th.

And now 39-4.
  • 40- 4. Pathetic again by England.
  • 129 all out, we lose by 100 runs.

In the last 9 days we've lost by over 200, by 8 wickets, and now by 100 runs.