EURO 2024 Qualifier’s

Comments

• You going to bother watching tonight then Rav or is Lamo Love Island going to flutter its eyelashes at you and make you go chasing after her again? Hahaha
  • Yep Last nights love island is primed and ready
    May catch the second half of the football 🤷‍♂️
  • I have to admit that I dont quite understand how Henderson gets in an England team
  • Bazshuayi said:

I have to admit that I dont quite understand how Henderson gets in an England team

Probably the same reason that Maguire does, the club he plays for.
  • Grealo still under the weather lol
  • Rice yellow card. Sell him….….oh wait.
  • Hat-trick for Saka, only 21, we should be all over that. Anyone know who he plays for? Maybe we could get Rice to tap him up 😂🤣😂.
  • He is sooooo good. 👏👏👏
  • Rice seems to have survived intact, replaced by Phillips around the 57 minute mark.

Whoever the co-commentator is, he's dreadful. Is it Andros Townsend?
  • Phillips replaces Rice and scores. Dare I say we should be all over this?
  • If we can't get Saka I'm not interested ;)
  • edited October 2023
    Squad announcement coming up shortly.

Which players will Southgate include even though they are injured.

Which players will he take even though they aren't getting regular game in the domestic league?

Which player in form whose initials are JB will he overlook?

Place your bets.

No prizes for the winners.
  • Didn't we have a more recent thread for last month's International matches?
  • edited October 2023
    Maguire and Phillips included again, what a surprise.

Bowen included though, as is Watkins.
  • Seems to be a lot of CBs compared to FBs in the defenders.
  • I said last time out that I felt that the Maguire call up made sense because Stones was injured and him wanting to keep an experienced head in there. Now that Stones is back, and with Maguire having played 3 minutes in the league and in the League Cup since then, I absolutely don't see the sense.

However, I'm even less impressed with Jordan Henderson being in there ahead of James Ward-Prowse.
  • Seems to be a lot of CBs compared to FBs in the defenders.

Colwill has played left back for Chelsea a bit, and for Brighton last season (I think), so maybe he's being considered as a left back.
  • Didn't we have a more recent thread for last month's International matches?

Maybe, I just looked in the category for the thread matching the comp.

Ah yes, I see one headed September internationals.

Of course, we are in October now ;whistle

• alderz said:

Seems to be a lot of CBs compared to FBs in the defenders.

Colwill has played left back for Chelsea a bit, and for Brighton last season (I think), so maybe he's being considered as a left back.
    I guess so, but given he's primarily a CB, do we really need 6 of them, given we've not really got natural wing-backs to be playing 3 at the back?
  • Isn't Saka injured?
  • edited October 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Isn't Saka injured?

That's irrelevant with Southgate if you're one of his favourites (but yes, he keeps getting niggles atm, he's gone off relatively early in the last 2 Arsenal matches).
  • MrsGrey said:

Isn't Saka injured?

Yeah but Southgate said we don't know how injured he is, and that he might be fine by the time the games come.
  • Southgate: "Callum Wilson is carrying an injury and we were not certain he would be available.

Southgate: Ollie has started the season well - he's hit a bit of scoring form in the last couple of weeks. You have to be careful with that because you can't just go on recency bias with selection.

My italics :-)
  • edited October 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Didn't we have a more recent thread for last month's International matches?

Maybe, I just looked in the category for the thread matching the comp.

Ah yes, I see one headed September internationals.

Of course, we are in October now ;whistle

Indeed, but an Admin saw fit to create the September thread instead of moving comments to here.

Just saying, 🥱😎😂🤣😂
  • Happy for Bowen ,Not so much for us ,Always have my heart in my mouth when our players turn out for England .At lest i dont have to worry about Rice anymore
  • Hopefully Saka is injured (for a short time) so Jbowen gets a run out or two. He deserves to be in the squad but to be fair Saka is nailed on the left and very difficult to displace IMO

JWP not being in the squad in place of Phillips, Gallagher and Hnederson is a joke full stop. You're a Southgate favourite or you aren't

No idea why Nketia is in the squad. Kane, Watkins are streets in front of him and if Wilson was fit he'd be in front of him too. Just a waste of a squad place.

Maguire... Nuff said

I'm assuming Trippier will play on the left and Walker on the right

Rashford really ouyt of form and may be unhappy about something. But he is quality IM and should be there

Pickford (Although I'd have Pope if he was in squad)
    Walker Dunk (Stones if he was fitter) Guehi Trippier
    Bellingham Rice
    Saka Maddison Foden
    Kane

(Jarrod and Rashford to come on, on either side of Maddison)
  • Please can Southgate just go… He’s admittedly achieved better than most but ultimately failed, especially with the crop of players.
    But now his words mean little, he’s lying to himself and the country, he picks players that are on form isn’t that what he’s always said, what a load of rubbish.
    Thanks for being a nearly winner but Mr Southgate IMO you are making a fool of yourself….Just get rid of him please 🙏
  • It’s weird to me that Moyes and Southgate are comfortably the most successful managers of West Ham and England in the past 30 years and yet we have people constantly calling for their heads.
  • edited October 2023
    alderz said:

It’s weird to me that Moyes and Southgate are comfortably the most successful managers of West Ham and England in the past 30 years and yet we have people constantly calling for their heads.

Re your comment, I am just sick of his lies.
    He was the one that constantly said he'd pick in form players, lie.
    Successful, yeh, more than most of the rest with probably one of the best recent squads.
    Successful, what has he actually won ? Zilch in all reality. Come on...!!