EURO 2024 Qualifier’s

First up Malta away tonight
North Macedonia Monday

Comments

• I have no intention of watching but thought I'd leave a message just so you don't feel on your own Rav 😎
  • I've got it on alongside the US Open golf.
  • Early OG by Malta gives us the lead.
  • A second for England thanks to TAA.
  • And now a penalty almost immediately afterwards after the keeper was unable to hold Rice's powerful shot and Kane was fouled as he reached the spilled ball first. 3-0.
  • I'm repotting some tomato plants, but will pop in to say hello now and then, Rav. I might bring biscuits.
  • Cheers Rav, I'm now watching. Anyone else think the Malta manager looks like a cross between Jamie Carragher and Slaven Bilic?
  • Another penalty after VAR suggested another look. Kane has been subbed off, so Callum Wilson takes and scores, 4-0.
  • edited June 2023
    How bad was that penalty decision.

Yes, it hit the defenders hand.
    But surely not handball. It should not have been referred by VAR and the ref should not have given it.

The whole hand ball thing has to be looked at. I would be livid if that had been given against my team.
  • Ha I didn’t watch 😂
    You know with Love Island and all that 😜
  • Hang on, you enticed us all to watch and then watched blooming Love Island instead? Disgraceful!
  • You say Love Island

But it could be Bourbon Biscuit bonanza.

#misdirection
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm repotting some tomato plants, but will pop in to say hello now and then, Rav. I might bring biscuits.

Hope the repotting went as well as the game? Just discovered blackfly on my tomatoes.
  • Just discovered blackfly on my tomatoes.

Sounds like a euphemism, I'd definitely see a doctor 🙈🙈🙈😂🤣😂.

• Callum Marshall, from our U18s, came on for Northern Ireland last night and scored a last minute equaliser that was unfortunately ruled out for Jonny Evans being offside. Almost an absolute dream for the lad, but obviously a big clap to him regardless.

👏👏👏👏
  • alderz said:

Callum Marshall, from our U18s, came on for Northern Ireland last night and scored a last minute equaliser that was unfortunately ruled out for Jonny Evans being offside. Almost an absolute dream for the lad, but obviously a big clap to him regardless.

👏👏👏👏

It took nearly 5 miinutes for VAR to rule it out, gotta feel for the lad.
  • I would have wanted Southgate to use these games to give players outside the first eleven experience. There is little use in playing Rice, Rashford, Foden, Sakha and Kane, let them have a rest from these nonsense matches.

• I would have wanted Southgate to use these games to give players outside the first eleven experience. There is little use in playing Rice, Rashford, Foden, Sakha and Kane, let them have a rest from these nonsense matches.

They're not quite nonsense matches given they're Euro Qualifiers, and we're in a tough group including Italy, but I'll be annoyed if Rice is played in the next game given he played 90 minutes yesterday after a very long season.
  • Why? He won't be with us next season.
  • Why? He won't be with us next season.

I don't want him doing his ACL or something, not playing most of next season, and then being sold at a knock down price next summer.
  • I hadn't thought of that. Let's hope Southgate doesn't play him.
  • That's why I didn't want him playing. I think qualifying is crazy and there should be seeding and a knockout for unseeded teams. A bit like Wimbledon Tennis. Yet even with qualifying these two matches are nonsense as our bench should be able to easily beat Malta and North Macedonia. I would expect him to play them against Italy.
  • But with a pretty much full strength team it still took two penalties and an own goal to beat a Conference League team.

But he was using one of the very limited opportunities available to see how a reshaped team might work with TAA in midfield.

And Foden only came on at half time when Saka got a knock.

• MrsGrey said:

I'm repotting some tomato plants, but will pop in to say hello now and then, Rav. I might bring biscuits.

Hope the repotting went as well as the game? Just discovered blackfly on my tomatoes.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

• Sprayed with soapy water and hoping for the best.
  • It’s the Big game tonight
    North Macedonia 🇲🇰 at home
    Will Jack have sobered up before kick off and will twinkle toes John Stone be deployed in Midfield.
    No & No are my answers 😏
  • If we can beat north Macedonia then I think safe to say the trophy is ours. Bringing it home!