Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• It will be interesting to see how it plays out should both Rice and Kane be sold this summer. Levy has a reputation for getting great value and we seem to sell for less than we should get in many peoples view.

By the time the season begins Kane will be 30 and has 1 year left on his contract, Rice will be 24 and has two years left on his contract. To me that says Rice should be 100m and Kane around 50-60m tops as no fee recovery.
  • Kane has stratospheric goals and assists at the highest level. If he is fit you are guaranteed goals.

That trumps all other consideration in the transfer market. If he goes it will be for a big fee imo.
  • Rumour is Arsenal offered £80m over 6 years. Anyone - One more year, one more year Declan Rice..,.,,,
  • IronHerb said:

Rumour is Arsenal offered £80m over 6 years. Anyone - One more year, one more year Declan Rice..,.,,,

10 more years, 10 more years Declan Rice…
  • @IronHerb, I read it was £80 million to be paid over four years when we wanted it in 2 but even saying that the offer is not the £120M required or £100M plus a player. David Moyes is reported to want him to go back to Chelsea so we can have Gallagher in part ex?
  • I read, from an Arsenal ITK, that it was 80 over 6 years straight with 10 more in add ons.
  • Apparently the add ons were if Arsenal win the league and the Champions league hahaha
  • West Ham REJECT Arsenal's lowball £80m opening bid for Declan Rice plus £10m in add-ons - and are unhappy at offer to pay fee over four years instead of two - as Man City emerge as shock rivals

This was the headline in one of the media outlets earlier today? An updated report states Arsenal are happy to let us have any of their outgoing players, I bet they are. :p
  • From a negotiation point of view that's a poor offer from Arsenal and one they themselves would expect others to better. It may suggest they don't have the money or Arteta can't spend too much of this summers budget in one go hence the spread. There are not many clubs who could afford the fee and wages.

Come on Pep, before you go on Holiday
  • Ex saying City offering Phillips plus £70m. Getting there.
  • IronHerb said:

Ex saying City offering Phillips plus £70m. Getting there.

That's probably a £100m deal, given Phillips' lack of game time. I think I'd be happy with that, so long as we get the Leeds Phillips rather than the City one.

Would still need an upgrade on Soucek IMO, which is possibly where Ward-Prowse comes into play. The Musah links are quite interesting; someone who would give us a bit of pace and dynamism in the middle of the park. I'd be happy with him or Alex Scott alongside a more seasoned player like Phillips or Ward-Prowse.
  • My worry with Phillips is he's way too injury prone for my liking.
  • That's why I think he needs be heavily discounted. At 20-25m he is a good gamble but paying 40m or more is not factoring in the risk. He could end up the bargain of the decade or the biggest waste of money since Dyer.
  • Forget Arsenal, they're playing silly buggers.
    Rice is worth IMO
    £85m + Phillips from Citeh
    or £75m + Gallagher from the Chavs.
    This is the least we should accept.
  • That's fair enough of relative values I guess. As I was saying the other day, I dont think its by any means out of the realms of possibility that Arsenal dont have that kind of cash and dont want to even if they could scrape it together. They also seem to be linked to Havertz a lot too and he will cost plenty (and away from Chelsea probably be a much improved player too). and by plenty I mean PLENTY. Or maybe PLENty
  • edited June 2023
    Havertz to Arsenal (Sky Sports Germany)

Spurs have offered Leicester £50m for James Maddison and Harvey Barnes (Daily Mail)
  • ASLEF, The latter rumour is a really joke offer wise & quite insulting to Leicester City by Mr Levy but that is just him isn't it?
  • Its good business for Spurs if Leicester accept it, if they don't he has to come back with a better offer or lose both players to other teams and look stupid
  • ASLEF, Yes and IF so Daniel Levy will 😆 for weeks but IF Leicester are quoting £40 million for Barnes it doesn’t make sense.
  • Some of the links I've seen today:

- ApparentlyYunus Musah wants to join us, Valencia need to sell and want to sell him to us, and have said they want the deal done by end of June. Rumoured fee is £21m
    - Apparently Brennan Johnson wants to leave Forest, and we're 'monitoring' him
    - We're looking at Sunderland's centre back Daniel Ballard, who used to be with Arsenal's academy. He's a Northern Irish international, right sided, and is a bit (to me at least) like Craig Dawson - a proper defending defender. He's 23, and only joined Sunderland last year on a 3 year deal. He did have a loan spell at Millwall the year before last...
    - And we're also linked with Youssouf Fofana, a centre midfielder who plays for France and Monaco.
  • Confirmed on the OS that Lanzini is being released.

No surprise, but a find farewell after eight years. Will need replacing in the squad, be it from the U21s or a new player.
  • Confirmed on the OS that Lanzini is being released.

No surprise, but a find farewell after eight years. Will need replacing in the squad, be it from the U21s or a new player.

Noble's farewell message got me right in the feelings
  • edited June 2023
    So we're still officially waiting to hear about Cresswell, Ogbonna and Coufal then? Fabianski has apparently signed on for another year already (according to TransferMarket), I must have missed that although I'm not surprised.
  • So we're still officially waiting to hear about Cresswell, Ogbonna, Fabianski and Coufal then?

Thought we took options on Cresswell and Coufal already 🤔

Fully expect Fab and Og to stay for another year.
  • We have a two year option on Coufal's contract, so I'd be very surprised if he was leaving. All the others are rumoured to be extending by a year, and the lack of noise to the contrary seems like it's basically a sure thing they'll all be staying.
  • I thought I remembered something about Cresswell a couple months ago.
  • I am completely crushed regarding Manu
  • Hamstew said:

I am completely crushed regarding Manu

Yeah it’s a really sad one
  • edited June 2023
    I've thought Coufal had had his option taken and Cresswell had been offered another year, but I can't find anything concrete on either of them and there's nothing on TransferMarket. Ogbonna I have a few more doubts about as I thought he wanted to finish his career back in Italy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed, and likewise Fabianski, who according to TM has signed for another year, but I haven't seen anything about him elsewhere either.
This discussion has been closed.