Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• West Ham are set to miss out on Ajax's 25-year-old Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez, but will press ahead with a move for 27-year-old Fulham and Portugal midfielder Joao Palhinha. (Guardian
  • edited June 2023
    Brentford are in talks to sign 18-year-old Dutch defender Rav van den Berg from PEC Zwolle. (Mail)

We should be all over…
  • Will we keep Vlasic?
  • There’s some reports that Felipe Anderson might be off to Saudi Arabia, and that we have a 50% sell on clause, so we might be getting a surprise windfall from that.
  • Will we keep Vlasic?

Doubt it. Think we're just waiting for Torino, or anyone, to make a decent offer.
  • I thought Torino had an obligation to buy but are now baulking at the agreed price.
  • edited June 2023
    IronHerb said:

I thought Torino had an obligation to buy but are now baulking at the agreed price.

I kind of assumed that with an obligation clause the fee would be agreed and form part of the contract. Otherwise it effectively becomes a loan with an option, no?
  • edited June 2023
  • Will we keep Vlasic?

Doubt it. Think we're just waiting for Torino, or anyone, to make a decent offer.
    A real shame.He never had a chance in his favoured position IMO, and could have been good for us.
  • Will we keep Vlasic?

A real shame.He never had a chance in his favoured position IMO, and could have been good for us.
    I might be wrong. Just not sure where he'd get a chance. At best, I think he'd take Lanzini's place on the bench.

Just don't see Moyes giving him much of a run.
  • So, I've seen something today about how Chelsea's majority owners are a company named Clearlake Capital, who have received "billions" in investment from Saudi Arabia. Separately, Saudi clubs have now signed Kante and Ziyech, and there are rumours that Koulibaly, Mendy and even Hudson-Odoi might be heading the same direction. Obviously Chelsea have some FFP issues, and selling these players helps them a lot. Which also helps their owners. Which the Saudi's are investors in.

;hmm
  • alderz said:

So, I've seen something today about how Chelsea's majority owners are a company named Clearlake Capital, who have received "billions" in investment from Saudi Arabia. Separately, Saudi clubs have now signed Kante and Ziyech, and there are rumours that Koulibaly, Mendy and even Hudson-Odoi might be heading the same direction. Obviously Chelsea have some FFP issues, and selling these players helps them a lot. Which also helps their owners. Which the Saudi's are investors in.

;hmm

Yeah, this has been running round on KUMB for a couple of days. Chelsea get to offload any mistakes they make consequence free whilst still getting around FFP rules.

• Just buy him. He’s the real deal.
  • Seems to be some talk of Downes to Southampton on loan. That would be Rice, Downes and Lanzini gone from last season's squad.

We must have a couple of midfielders lined up if this is true.
  • Another Jordan Hugall if you ask me ,But then again guess your not asking me =)
  • Maybe as a Ward-Prowse sweetener
  • steve said:

Another Jordan Hugall if you ask me ,But then again guess your not asking me =)

40 in 110 Championship games. Far superior stats than Hugill.
  • alderz said:

Maybe as a Ward-Prowse sweetener

Maybe. But it's probably more likely to be that Southampton's new manager was in charge of Swansea when Downes was there.
  • Instead of trying for players who are happy at big clubs (as in dont care if they play much or not. Or deluding themselves they will play) or overly expensive Ward Prowse. I think we should take a chance on Alex Scott at Bristol City. Happy to go for the Coventry boy too. Younger and hungry with plenty of resale.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Instead of trying for players who are happy at big clubs (as in dont care if they play much or not. Or deluding themselves they will play) or overly expensive Ward Prowse. I think we should take a chance on Alex Scott at Bristol City. Happy to go for the Coventry boy too. Younger and hungry with plenty of resale.

Alex Scott is very well regarded, and has been mentioned in previous windows. I'm definitely in favour, but we'd have to make sure he gets a decent amount of game-time otherwise his development could be stunted.

I'm not convinced by Gyokeres tbh, although that's only on the basis of the play-off games. If he's been properly scouted then fair enough, and, let's be honest, the downside should he not work out is considerably smaller than a lot of our other purchases. Although not old, he is 25 so it's possible there's not huge amounts of improvement ahead of him.
  • Pops head in- nothing to see here, goes back to the cricket.
  • Mail reports James Ward-Prowse prefers a move to Fulham, over Brentford & West Ham.
  • @Lukerz, Due to their style of play?
  • Be interesting to see how soon we bring in a replacement when Rice finally goes.

The assumption (hope) is that we've been working on a deal in the background for weeks, if not months, knowing that he was likely to go this summer, so we'll have someone in pretty much straight away.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough.
  • If JWP truly prefers Fulham then there really is no accounting for taste (or smarts). Fulham will not sustain what they did last season (IMO)
This discussion has been closed.