Summer Transfer Window 2023

You know the drill

Window officially opens 14/06, but some deals likely to be in place before then and then announced on that date.

All rumours and speculation on this thread.

Anything Rice related ⤵️

https://www.whu606.com/discussion/11809/declan-rice#latest

Comments

• 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Too much sun Slack? 😉
  • Nah, it’s like the week before Christmas to me.🕺🍻🎉❤️
  • Slacker said:

Nah, it’s like the week before Christmas to me.🕺🍻🎉❤️

This "week" until 1st September is sure gonna drag 😂🤣😂
  • Noticed the rumour regarding Loftus Cheek going to Milan for 13M. I (genuinely) think we should be all over that.
  • Also, Everton rejecting the signing of Coady for around 4M... With Dawson going to Wolves, maybe us getting Coady would be a sort of swap deal at that price. He wouldn't be the worst back up.
  • Slacker said:

Nah, it’s like the week before Christmas to me.🕺🍻🎉❤️

This "week" until 1st September is sure gonna drag 😂🤣😂
    Nah, it’s the build up to the window “swinging open” that gets me so excited, I’m always down in the dumps when it “slams shut”.
    “I just wish it could be transfer window every day.”🎶

• I just read Maguire was getting 10mm to leave utd! I asked my boss if he’d do the same for me and he just laughed 🙁
  • Presumably we have two lists of players; one for if we're in the Europa League and one for if we're not.

I expect the lists would contain quite different levels of player so I think whatever we do will be almost completely dependent on what happens next Wednesday.

The KUMB ITK who had a very good strike rate in the summer has said that Scamacca is going back to Italy for more than we paid for him, so we'll have £40m on top of the Rice money to spend.

So potentially plenty of money to spend, but we have no idea where we'll be shopping just yet.
  • Presumably we have two lists of players; one for if we're in the Europa League and one for if we're not.

I expect the lists would contain quite different levels of player so I think whatever we do will be almost completely dependent on what happens next Wednesday.

The KUMB ITK who had a very good strike rate in the summer has said that Scamacca is going back to Italy for more than we paid for him, so we'll have £40m on top of the Rice money to spend.

So potentially plenty of money to spend, but we have no idea where we'll be shopping just yet.

I think the more important thing is who is going to decide where it's spent.

• The KUMB ITK who had a very good strike rate in the summer has said that Scamacca is going back to Italy for more than we paid for him

Not sure I could handle another search for a striker summer 😭😭😭
  • 😂 it’s gonna happen imo
    Scam will head back to Serie A (again my imo)
    With Napoli, Inter, Milan, Juve all viable options and need of a new front man.
  • Add them to the list also 👍🏻
  • I’m still saying Adama Traoré on a free could be moulded into the Antonio role - it’s what Moyes does.
  • See, all the above are what get the old transfer rumours juices going.
    Great stuff.
  • Ravel49 said:

I’m still saying Adama Traoré on a free could be moulded into the Antonio role - it’s what Moyes does.

But do we really want another Antonio?
    I don’t think I do.
  • No but Moyes will (imo of course)
  • Ravel49 said:

No but Moyes will (imo of course)

That's another big factor. If Moyes stays, we need Moyes players. If he goes, maybe a new manager can get a tune out of Scamacca and he stays 🤷‍♂️

Any players we may have already spoken to will be waiting to see what happens in Prague, too, so nothing will happen anytime soon, IMO.
  • Ravel49 said:

maybe a new manager can get a tune out of Scamacca and he stays 🤷‍♂️

BINGO!🎉
  • Slacker said:

Ravel49 said:

BINGO!🎉
    You seem to find this discussion unedifying (I might be misinterpreting) ... why are you reading it? If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.
  • edited June 2023
    We get it. You're not interested in transfer speculation. It's the same every time one of these threads open.

There's a TV and Film thread on here too. Doesn't really interest me so I don't ever read it, let alone comment.

I'm not sure what you get from being on these threads?
  • Just a bit of fun.I just maybe don’t take it a serious as some.
    Take it as it’s meant eh?🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Tbh without this thread there wouldn’t be much to talk about over the summer
  • MrsGrey said:

Slacker said:

Ravel49 said:

BINGO!🎉
    You seem to find this discussion unedifying (I might be misinterpreting) ... why are you reading it? If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.
    The “ bingo!” post was in reference to the football clichés thread , I don’t quite see the problem really.
    As I said, just a bit of fun is all.

• Ravel49 said:

Tbh without this thread there wouldn’t be much to talk about over the summer

I have no issue with the existence of the thread, rav :+1:
  • Wait until we sign our first player, then the real fun starts with what number the player will go for conundrum and also what manbag will each player arrive with.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ravel49 said:

Tbh without this thread there wouldn’t be much to talk about over the summer

I have no issue with the existence of the thread, rav :+1:
    🫡
  • edited June 2023
    IronHerb said:

Ravel49 said:

I’m still saying Adama Traoré on a free could be moulded into the Antonio role - it’s what Moyes does.

But do we really want another Antonio?
    I don’t think I do.
    He frustrates me loads when he’s not in the right positions but at the end of the day has been better than Ings and Scamacca. Even when not scoring, I feel like we’ve mostly been worse when he hasn’t played - apart from the few games when Scamacca really looked good.

I think if Moyes is going to stay then we need someone along those lines. We need to stick to fast, aggressive football. Ideally though it’d be someone who has a better striker’s instinct and ability to finish, of course.
  • I wouldnt mind Traore at all. He may be a little aligned to Antonio but he'll get from A to B a lot faster and he always arouses interest when he gets the ball (even if he fails with it 90% of the time)
This discussion has been closed.