Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Steidten is technical director. What that means and how it differs to Noble’s role is anyone’s guess.
  • I hate to say it but I always got the impression Noble's role was kinda created just to keep him (and fans maybe) happy because he's Mr West Ham. In time I hope he becomes more influential, but I'm not sure he's there just yet.
  • Noble is heavily involved with the Academy recruitment.
  • Moyes working on talksport for the Euros.

Wonder if they will have to have closed captions over here 😀

We should tell Talksport that they should be careful what they wish for.
  • Moyes always was a class act with good character and his words here demonstrate that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2x3j6gr584o
  • I personally believe, as he said he wants to stay in football' that from his side there's no real reason for him to want to leave. I dont think he will manage anyone more massive than us.

His lack of comments and apparently happiness to say it was mutual is something I'm not sure I really believe
  • I think both things can probably be true, I am sure that he would have happily stayed if things were going swimmingly and with all things being equal, we would have probably granted him an extension, however, I think he is also a realist and knew that the writing was on the wall regarding the need for a team rebuild and that it was reasonable for the powers that be to be looking for a fresh face to orchestrate a new direction.
  • and that shocking run of form in 2024...
  • edited May 12
    I don’t look into shocking runs of form because all teams suffer them. Whether it’s 3 games for City, 6 for Spurs or 10 for us, it happens. If it didn’t, every team would win the league.

I will miss Moyes. His bluntness, his style, his resilience, the journey that we have been on from relegation candidates to potential Champions League contenders to European Champions. I agree that it makes sense to move on this summer, given how we ended the season & with the natural run of qualifying for Europe ending, but he has made West Ham a club to take pride in again.

Good luck. We’ll no doubt be passive bystanders next week but he needs to be remembered for the memories he is responsible for.
  • Thank you David Moyes for all you have done for our club. Many of us are sorry to see you go. Best wishes for your future.
  • Glad to see he got a great send off from the fans at London Stadium.

• Will also be the last home game for a few of our players too I suspect, so very nice for it to be a lovely sunny day and a fantastic second half performance leading to a good result with a wonderful feel good factor given Earthy's goal. Couldn't have been scripted better really, could it?
  • That's a great video and I am pleased he got the send off he richly deserves. A great man and a great manager who is a most wonderful chapter in the history of the club.

I think one thing has got lost on the many pundits who all seem to state how great Moyes has been for us and how grateful we should be, that thing is just how great we have been for him! He was a great success at Everton and he replicated that level of success with us, but after leaving Everton for bigger things he had roles at United, Sociedad and Sunderland that would probably be classified as failures by each club. In us he got the chance to resurrect his career and very much did so.

I am sure each West Ham fan will look back even more fondly on what David Moyes gave us when the dust of the separation settles and how he improved our stock in his time here, I hope also he will reflect the same on us.
  • I will always be grateful to David Moyes......

I hold my hands up to never wanting him in the beginning and thought it was all a joke tbh, how I have been proved wrong.....

IMO he outdid himself, but as in life, all good things come to an end and IMO it's the right time to part ways.

Thanks Mr Moyes, for bringing us European glory, PL safety and a lot more than any of us could have ever imagined under your management......

On to the next chapter for the mighty Irons and Mr Moyes.....
  • I realize this will sound pretty mean and ungrateful but there were plenty of times during our Euro runs and aspirations of getting a high league place when I thought we were doing it inspite of him
  • edited May 14
    This is how poor journalism has got at the BBC ….

The Scot's contribution to West Ham in already imprinted on the London Stadium in the form of a Europa Conference League trophy that stands alongside the FA Cups, European Cup Winners' Cup and League Cup the club has won.
  • We've secretly won a League Cup? Hahaha
  • Are we back in Europe?
  • IronHerb said:

Are we back in Europe?

No, Brexit is still in force AFAIK =)
  • We've secretly won a League Cup? Hahaha

They're obviously finally admitting what we've all known for years; we were cheated in 1981, by Liverpool as if it needed saying, and have awarded us, somewhat belatedly, the cup for that year.

• Yup. still irks me to this day haha
  • Whilst reading Areolas wife comment I saw the link to the Souness comments re Moyes. He suggests Moyes was 'verbally' offered a contract and then the club withdrew it (and I guess subsequently looked for a new manager). I agree with Simon Jordan that the club has every right to look for someone (considering Moyes contract was running out at the end of the season) and also if someone offers you an extension on your contract and you dont accept it in proximity then isn't that your own fault (as in this is football management its hardly a stable position that isnt subject to scrutiny and frequent sackings)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yup. still irks me to this day haha

Yet you still obviously support Liverpool against anyone but us, I just don't get it 🤔🤔🤔.

• I think Baz was in love with Klopp as opposed to Liverpool per se.
  • edited May 15
    In the 80s I couldnt stand Liverpool for much the same reasons I dont like Man City now.

I do love Klopp and its his closeness with the players that I admire the most (and his fist pumps to the crowd of course).

It will not be or feel the same when he leaves and Liverpool will be much poorer without him.
  • Still don’t get how anyone supports two teams.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • We all do as we never know which one we’ll get each game.
  • Bazshuayi said:

In the 80s I couldnt stand Liverpool for much the same reasons I dont like Man City now.

Tbf I like City for the exact reason you don't like them

Growing up in the late 90's and the 00's in Essex, was surrounded by United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans. God they were annoying, none went to games, even the Arsenal ones. But they slammed little ol West Ham.

Chelsea upset the applecart but being a London team couldn't get behind them, but I'm delighted that someone like City came in an upset the lot of them

I don't care if they broke financial rules, those rules didn't exist until City won the title. If they did when Liverpool, Arsenal, United were at their peaks they likely would've been penalised as well

We, a pretty decent sized team, have 0% chance of sustainably winning a title unless we got backed by someone like Citys owners.

Financial rules protect those that already make the most money, so I'm team City. The reason they're beating their rivals is because they have spent their money BETTER than the others, putting money into infrastructure (their youth facilities are unmatched) and going for smart signings not the big name guys (Haaland aside).