Southampton v West Ham United. FA Cup 5th Round, Wednesday 2nd March, 7:30pm. BBC iPlayer.

Comments

• That was extremely typical
  • no one picked him up
  • I'm surprised how often he gets mentioned as being in front of Fabianski.
  • edited March 2022
    No effort to get near him…Johnson getting found out here a bit defensively IMO
  • soucek been poor
  • Anyone else annoyed that the halfway line isn't right in the middle of the technical area lines? Just me?
  • Almost a second there.
  • soucek been poor

All season
  • We've had some good front foot play but I think ots foar to say Hasenhüttl has got the better of Moyes tactically here

We just aren't dealing with their formation well

If it wasn't for Rice intervention there would've likely been 2-0
  • lucky they don't have their first team playing atm
  • Southampton haven't even been that good.
  • bring benni on for soucek and drop lanzini back
  • We were fine until Areola did a Jaaskelainen impression. Have lost our way since.
  • God get Soucek off

Just does absolutely nothing atm

Rice absolutely carrying him this season
  • Very disappointing first half, decent first 10 minutes followed by average personified
  • edited March 2022
    I thought we were good for half hour then lost our way after the goal. We’ve been wasteful led by Antonio making poor decisions.
  • Moyes will get us going
  • at least Iplayer is showing the spuds highlights to cheer me up
  • Soucek poor. Antonio running the line again. Lets hope Moyes can wind them up at HT
  • Bowen needs to take his chances.
  • bring benni on for soucek and drop lanzini back

Lol

Imagine thinking Moyes will take Soucek off let alone after 45 minutes
  • Bright start, but not creating enough. Couple of half chances but haven't tested their 60-year-old 'keeper at all.

Got no-one in the team that can cross the ball, so we're trying to get in behind them along the floor and it's just not coming off.

Soucek has been toilet again. The defence has largely been ok but once more we're looking to Rice to get us attacking with any purpose. Front two busy without threatening so I'm not too sure where the goals are coming from.

Dawson's head, presumably.
  • Fornals missing support from Cresswell going forward as Diop barely crosses the half way line.
  • I know Soucek is poor, but it looks like we are short in midfield. I will be amazed if Moyes leaves it like this.
  • Bowen’s been worse than Soucek, let’s give him a break
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen’s been worse than Soucek, let’s give him a break

Not sure about that Luke. Bowen has at least been to make things happen, dropping deep and trying to get attacks going. Soucek has done nothing defensively or offensively. He doesn't seem to be sitting deep or pushing forward, and his passing has been poor again.

The only one who should be giving him a break is the manager. Soucek's been off all season but plays all the time. Needs a rest.
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen’s been worse than Soucek, let’s give him a break

Bowen been carrying our attack when they were all out of form

Soucek has been poor since the start of the season

Bowen has missed chances but is doing something

Soucek is playing like we have 10 men
  • I hope Seville are not watching as they will think they are through, come on you irons make my comments look stupid (well more stupid) second half
  • He needs to get forward but the back 3 is not right for this game but we have no choice due to injuries to full-backs.
  • how was a foul not given and maybe a red