The "I know its only February and Mrs Grey is going to scream "Noooooo" but..." transfer thread

Comments

• Also Lanzini isn't really playing as a 10 most games. We don't actually seem to play 4-2-3-1 all that often despite that's what gets reported every game. Maybe off the ball, but on the ball Lanzini is far too deep for that all the time, it's more of a 4-3-3 imo.
  • Also Lanzini isn't really playing as a 10 most games. We don't actually seem to play 4-2-3-1 all that often despite that's what gets reported every game. Maybe off the ball, but on the ball Lanzini is far too deep for that all the time, it's more of a 4-3-3 imo.

This is how I see it eski. Lanzini has been playing much deeper this season, and Fornals is more often than not playing LM to help cover Cresswell.
  • According to The Athletic, Maxwell Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if Burnley go down. I’d be surprised if we weren’t interested in that
  • alderz said:

According to The Athletic, Maxwell Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if Burnley go down. I’d be surprised if we weren’t interested in that

No need to trump on about it.
  • alderz said:

According to The Athletic, Maxwell Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if Burnley go down. I’d be surprised if we weren’t interested in that

We finally did it. We can close the forum. This has all just been an experiment to find the worst pun possible, and here it is.
  • You sound brassed off, alderz
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

We finally did it. We can close the forum. This has all just been an experiment to find the worst pun possible, and here it is.
    Yay, my first ever attempt (as, tbh, I find the repeated fish ones rather old hat by now), and I've hit new lows 😂🤣😂
  • edited May 2022
    alderz said:

alderz said:

Hang on, what about the flakey puns or the cornet. There must be hundreds and thousands =)
  • buffy, There is nothing like blowing you own trumpet.
  • That Cornet transfer will take some brass!

Best keep financial details in house...

• Just one Cornetto, give it to me.....
  • Bristol Post claim that West Ham United, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Brighton & Hove Albion, Bournemouth and Fulham have scouted Bristol City’s £20 million 22yo CF Antoine Semenyo

Forest made a bid for him in January but it was below City's valuation

8 goals and 12 assists from 24 starts plus 8 appearances from the bench. Whoscored notes he likes to dribble, good passer and defends

And Moyes does like a forward who tracks back
  • City in for Phillips it seems, so won't come to us, not that that was realistic
  • Makes sense

1) Fernandinho leaving at the end of the season so there's a vacancy
    2) City probably could do with another "home grown" player to meet UEFA competition requirements
    3) Phillips a lot cheaper than Declan
  • ASLEF,

4) Another possible destination for Declan Rice crossed off the list.
  • I rate Phillips and wanted us to go for him but not convinced he’s city level. He’ll just spend his career on the bench.
  • edited May 2022

I rate Phillips and wanted us to go for him but not convinced he’s city level. He’ll just spend his career on the bench.

He might be OK for City, as a defensive midfielder for them really doesn't have to do anything at all going forward as they'll have so much talent ahead of him.
  • I’ve seen some rumours that Areola is signing permanently, imminently, which I think is good news
  • ExWHU has us interested in Calvin Bassey of Rangers
  • GK
    CB
    LB
    CM x2
    Winger
    Striker

Minimum in 7?
  • I don't think we will sign 7 players, tbh.
  • Neither do i but its what i consider a minimum and i think we will be left short again.
  • edited May 2022
    Areola GK
    Bassey CB
    Henry LB
    Phillips CM
    Lewis-Potter AM
    Lingard AM
    Toney ST

Job done
  • Lukerz said:

Areola GK
    Bassey CB
    Henry LB
    Phillips CM
    Lewis-Potter AM
    Lingard AM
    Toney ST

Job done

Lingard will go for the money at Newcastle.
  • I'd rather Watkins than Toney, but we have been linked to almost every striker going, again.
    Broja would be my preferred option from those currently in the PL.

In Moyes I trust ...... sort of 😋
  • GK
    CB
    LB
    CM x2
    Winger
    Striker

Minimum in 7?

CM x 1
    Strikers x 2

Otherwise agree.
  • rumour is that we have offered Rice £500k a week
  • you sure you are not referring to the 200k 8 year deal that was being bandied about ? there is no way West Ham can offer 500k a week to a player.
  • will see if I can find the story I saw, could be rubbish of course as most stuff about him is
  • There’s absolutely no way. And I wouldn’t want him on that either.
This discussion has been closed.