Hammers βš’ v Peacocks 🦚 - FA Cup - Sunday 9th January, 2pm

Comments

• One extreme to the other with that false lineup and the actual! I would have liked a couple of fringe players/youngsters starting but so be it.
  • Pleased to see Fredericks get a start - he was unlucky to get injured by the Old Trafford pitch surround after setting up Manu's goal there.

Come on you Irons
  • edited January 2022

Llorente plays

Colour me confused

The cut off for 5 yellows leading to a suspension was 31st December afaik. He picked up his 5th booking on 2nd January, so no suspension.

Edit

That was out of date, apparently it is now 5 yellows within the first 19 League matches, but each competition is now separate. So yes, he is banned, but from Leeds next Prem league match, which is against us.
  • So how many minutes before Fredericks limps off?
  • I don't understand OCS, we can only start 11 players, would you rather he dropped Rice or Soucek, most wanted us to play a strong team against a premiership side and have a real go at the cup.

I'd like Soucek to be given a rest. He plays every game and his form has suffered this season, IMO.

Playing Kral would allow Rice to be more progressive. It would also give us all an opportunity to see how Kral fares against PL opposition. He may well be needed at some point but has had so few minutes.
  • The pitch looks fantastic, like a billiard table
  • Lanzini looking good. Nice ball out to Fredericks but the cross is poor.
  • Lanzini 😍
  • Bowen's shot off the line, and now a corner.

We ballin' today.
  • How many times will we hear loose from Diop
  • Llorente plays

Colour me confused

The cut off for 5 yellows leading to a suspension was 31st December afaik. He picked up his 5th booking on 2nd January, so no suspension.

Edit

That was out of date, apparently it is now 5 yellows within the first 19 League matches, but each competition is now separate. So yes, he is banned, but from Leeds next Prem league match, which is against us.
    It was matches yes, and because some had games postponed .. I think it was always a number of matches thing, but in the olden days the first half of the season was over by New Year.

But also, yes, re separate competitions - they seem to change this every year. Makes it hard to keep up from season to season.
  • Lanzini playing quite deep
  • Our crossing needs to improve. Every single one has been claimed by the 'keeper.
  • Vlasic started brightly.
  • MrsGrey said:

It was matches yes, and because some had games postponed .. I think it was always a number of matches thing, but in the olden days the first half of the season was over by New Year.

But also, yes, re separate competitions - they seem to change this every year. Makes it hard to keep up from season to season.

I'm sure back in the day there was definitely a fixed date, regardless of the number of matches you'd played (even if you had a number of matches postponed), but certainly this season it's 19 Premier League matches for the cut off.
  • BBC so rubbish. Said KO was 2.15.
  • Antonio doing some things really well. Other things not so much.

Basically a typical Antonio performance so far.
  • I like Ashton on commentary
  • they are pressing well we need sharper passing
  • Feels like Soucek has been completely anonymaus
  • The match is on ITV Mrs Grey
  • The old number 3 channel
  • left back should be booked on volume of fouls
  • Apparently you’re allowed to clear the ball with your hand now. Cool.
  • Blatant pen, he pushes it away with his hand
  • The match is on ITV Mrs Grey

Which may explain why the BBC gave the wrong time. πŸ˜‚ I just had the Beeb's rolling webpage open to keep an eye on news before KO. And so sat down to watch and discovered they'd started without me.
  • edited January 2022

left back should be booked on volume of fouls

Same with their centre backs. Constantly fouling Antonio
  • they are getting away with a lot stopping us playing
  • Diop having a very poor game.