Hammers ⚒ v Peacocks 🦚 - FA Cup - Sunday 9th January, 2pm

Comments

• I really hope not. I want to win something before I forget who I support.
  • He would have played his Cup team with one or two kids anyway imo.
  • As usual Moyes being tight-lipped about injuries, etc, no mention at all about Cresswell or Zouma, just that there are "one or two COVID".
  • Well, if there's nothing new to say then say nothing.
  • Herb, i think you mean if theres nothing new to say ,Then make something up =)
  • No news is good news.
  • edited January 2022
    Preston, No news is usual. =)
  • Ex says two players out with COVID & Fornals back.

He says the two play in the same position; one is an ‘experienced first team player’ & the other is a ‘fringe academy player’.
  • Lukerz said:

Ex says two players out with COVID & Fornals back.

He says the two play in the same position; one is an ‘experienced first team player’ & the other is a ‘fringe academy player’.

Hmm. Antonio and Perkins? Coufal and Ashby?
  • Hamstew said:

Lukerz said:

Ex says two players out with COVID & Fornals back.

Hmm. Antonio and Perkins? Coufal and Ashby?
    In the nicest possible way, I hope it's Yarmolenko and Oko-Flex, because that has the least impact on the squad.
  • Dawson and Baptiste? So far, Areola and Fornals are in.... it's a start 🙂
  • I thought I heard somewhere it wasn't the defensive positions.
  • Bielsa had his press conference yesterday and Leeds are down to the bare bones, They'll be missing:-

Liam Cooper CB
    Diego Llorente CB (suspended 5th yellow)
    Kalvin Phillips DM/CB
    Rodrigo FW/AM
    Tyler Roberts FW/AM
    Pascal Struijk CB
    Jamie Shackleton RB
    Joe Gelhardt FW
    Charlie Cresswell CB

Bamford "is likely to be able to play the game on Sunday"

That leaves

Meslier
    Dallas Ayling Koch Firpo
    Klich Forshaw
    Raphinha Harrison James
    Bamford

Plus a bench full of kids

Koch has only played three games due to injury, Ayling is a RB but has filled in at CB 8 times this season, Harrison and James are both LW but there isn't anyone else available

If Bamford isn't available then its either Raphinha or James up front or 19yo Sam Greenwood

Got a good feeling about this
  • Still a pretty decent side in all honesty
  • One outlet saying nine changes: -

Areola,
    Fredericks, Dawson, Alese, Masuaku,
    Noble, Krall,
    Bowen, Vlasic, Fornals,
    Oko-Flex
  • Hope our boys bring their shooting boots because I can't see that side keeping a clean sheet.
  • edited January 2022
    IronHerb said:

One outlet saying nine changes: -

Areola,
    Fredericks, Dawson, Alese, Masuaku,
    Noble, Krall,
    Bowen, Vlasic, Fornals,
    Oko-Flex

I would be disappointed if that is the side.

Unless, of course, Fab, Coufal, Diop, Johnson, Rice, Soucek & Lanzini all have COVID.

I do wish we picked as strong an 11 as we can. Norwich in the week can wait, we have as good a squad as ever to try & win something. This side won’t be together for too long. I get we have Europa (not until March though) & league games but I really wish we went for a trophy whilst we have the best squad in my time as a Hammer.

Oh well.
  • Looking at the Marching On Together fan forum its seems that some Leeds fans don't realise that Llorente is banned for this one.

And rumours that Bamford broke down in training yesterday
  • Apparently it's coufal and Ashby with covid
  • If Dawson is carrying an injury surely he’d be rested for this one?
  • I really want to see Kral given a start but I think I would quite like to see Soucek or Rice next to him, this is Leeds not Rapid Vienna, If all is going well Noble can replace them with half hour to go. I would also like to see Antonio start and be replaced by Oko Flex if we are in control. I don't want to do it the other way around and have to bring on Antonio to chase a game and find time running out.

If they are without Phillips that would be a big help as he is their Rice, quality player.
  • Yesterday Bielsa said Phillips would be out until March
  • edited January 2022
    Really impressed with the respect Moyes has shown the cup today 👏🏻

Team is…

Areola
    Fredericks - Dawson - Diop - Johnson
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Lanzini - Vlasic
    Antonio
  • Glad we're playing a strong line-up. The one somebody posted earlier would have been worryingly weak.
  • Raphinha on the bench is a big help for us. The guy is quality and a real game changer. Hopefully we can run up a lead before he gets on the pitch.
  • Can't see Kral staying beyond the summer. He can barely get a kick. Feel sorry for him because every time he's played he's done well, IMO.

So this summer we're likely to be in the same situation as last summer; trying to find suitable cover for Rice/Rice's replacement and Soucek. With the added problem of whoever comes in will probably have seen Kral not being given a shot and wondering whether it's worth bothering.
  • Which is fine if Moyes doesn’t feel he’s good enough. If we have to go again & find two midfielders in the summer then we have to.
  • edited January 2022
    Llorente plays

Colour me confused
  • edited January 2022
    I don't understand OCS, we can only start 11 players, would you rather he dropped Rice or Soucek, most wanted us to play a strong team against a premiership side and have a real go at the cup.
  • Can't see Kral staying beyond the summer. He can barely get a kick. Feel sorry for him because every time he's played he's done well, IMO.

So this summer we're likely to be in the same situation as last summer; trying to find suitable cover for Rice/Rice's replacement and Soucek. With the added problem of whoever comes in will probably have seen Kral not being given a shot and wondering whether it's worth bothering.

After this summer things could look very different for him however, Rice could be gone and Noble retired. I agree he must be disheartened to not even get started in a cup game.