January Transfer Window

Comments

• edited January 2022
    OCS, how did Ex injure Dawson? ;)
  • do we keep count of how many Rice rumours we get this window?
  • 60m a good price for Bowen but he is central to our attack and at present indispensable. I don't see him ever being thought of as a replacement for Salah, who is probably the best finisher in the world today.
  • edited January 2022
    So without Benrahma now we are looking at a January first 11 of:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Johnson
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Fornals - Lanzini
    Antonio

As of February, we may be looking at:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • edited January 2022
    Anybody reckon Moyes is watching events at Old Trafford where a certain LCB is playing for the first time in a while…

Lingard & Traore on respective benches.
  • Man I really hope we don’t sign Phil Jones
  • He'll only be sat next to Ogbonna
  • alderz said:

Man I really hope we don’t sign Phil Jones

He's been pretty good in this match, to be fair.
  • He’s probably the main reason it’s goalless 😂
  • The best game Jones couldve picked. Wolves do not have pace in attack and are pretty toothless up front despite their over all good play

• Sorry to say it but as good as Bowen is, he's not in the same class as Salah.
    Now I'll go and find some carbolic mouthwash. =)

I hope my post never suggested this was the case. Bowen is good and in good form, but nobody currently is playing to a level as consistently as Salah (unless Phil Jones gets an extended run in the side of course after we buy him)
  • The old Baz might have hahaha
  • The old Baz would be singing the Mo Salah song in a scouse accent (now I just hum it ;) )
  • West Ham hold talks with Barbosa
    West Ham United have held talks over the signing of Flamengo striker Gabriel Barbosa.

He is one of a number of strikers West Ham are looking at, while three other Premier League clubs are interested.

Barbosa has scored 104 goals in 147 games for Flamengo. Nicknamed “Gabigol”, Barbosa watches all of West Ham’s games and is said to be impressed with the job David Moyes is doing.

Barbosa wants to come to England as he feels it would give him the best chance to cement his place as Brazil’s starting No 9 at the World Cup in Qatar.

He has scored five goals in 18 appearances for Brazil

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
  • Well he's left footed, maybe he could fill in at LCB when Antonio is not injured. 🤔
  • edited January 2022
    Lingard can’t get a minute playing time…
    Sign him…
    Traore is a real athlete, footballer, not so sure….!!
  • Lingard can’t get a minute playing time…
    Sign him…
    Traore is a ready athlete, footballer, not sure….

Will Lingard leave, I now think he is being held hostage as no other reason to stay.
  • Traore is ridiculous! Nobody would be able to afford him if he had an end product
  • I cant believe for a second that Jesse is not regretting his decision to trust that OGS would actually give him some playing time. With this new Ragnick 4-2-2-2 system I'd also wonder which position he would fit into. He has 2 choices, wait out the contract til the summer and get a large sum of signing on fee and contract or go and play somewhere he's loved and will get a good contract after we pay Utd a 'nominal' fee
  • Hopefully Moyes saw Jones is as average as he’s always been…
    Didn’t cover himself in glory for the Wolves goal, and we have a defender already capable of doing just that…
    No thanks…..
  • Traore had 10 Premier League appearances for Villa 2015/16, all as a substitute, no goals, 2 assists

Another 27 PL appearances for Middlesbrough the following season, 16 starts, no goals, 1 assist. He then spent a season in the Championship with Boro before transferring to Wolves

Wolves 120 PL appearances in 4 seasons, 73 starts, 7 goals, 13 assists

Total 157 apps (89 starts), 7 goals 16 assists

To be honest I don't remember him with Villa or Boro but then I don't remember Boro being in the Premier League back then

Probably Alzheimer's
  • alderz said:

Man I really hope we don’t sign Phil Jones

He's been pretty good in this match, to be fair.
    It’s not that he’s terrible or anything, I just think it would be insane to sign someone who’s spent the last two years out
    Sign him…

I'm not clear what you are getting at. Too elliptical for me!

Are you saying Traore is a better fit for WH because he gets more pitch time at Wolves than Lingard gets at ManU?
  • I read it as buy Lingard, don't buy Traore.
  • Wow Mrs G ! I had to Google that E word!!
    But to make it clear….
    It’s a big NO for me to sign Traore….&
    A big YES for Jessie!….
  • I would rather Lingard over Traore. But happy to take both.
    Sign him…

Get em both in and I’d be one happy old cockernee bloke.

• Wow Mrs G ! I had to Google that E word!!
    But to make it clear….
    It’s a big NO for me to sign Traore….&
    A big YES for Jessie!….

:+1: I couldn't work out if you were being sarcastic :-)
  • I reckon Mrs. G got a dictionary/thesaurus for Christmas. 🤔
  • As of February, we may be looking at:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio

Lukerz, WHAT no new players, IF that is the case I will be the opposite of Slacker @ 7.48!
This discussion has been closed.