Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• just realised over 11 years on the site now :o :)
  • Same. That's 9 years longer than I was on Facebook. And 10 years and 10 months longer than I was on Twitter.

This is a great site.
  • 11 years 3 months, absolute madness.
  • 11years 2 months is this a contest .Cos i think i just lost to alderz ,Yeold ,and jorderz =)
  • Ronaldo's baby twin boy has died. The Guy seems to have everything in life but no amount of money can take away the pain. I feel so sorry for the Guy. (As indeed I would anyone)
  • Harry Maguire has had a bomb threat sent to his home. What on Earth is wrong with some people?
  • Obviously a moron. I doubt the person would know what a bomb looks like, never mind having the ability to actually send it.
  • Hermes couldn't deliver the bomb threat as no one was home so they left it behind the wheelie bins
  • edited April 2022

https://fb.watch/cysFzB73jW/

1. How was this 22 years ago? 😭
    2. How good was Paolo Di Canio? 😍
    3. How bad was Magnus Herdman? 😄
  • Herdman. I love autocorrect.
  • I see that the top Spanish court has overturned the Madrid court ruling that the three clubs Juventus, Real and Barca can proceed with a super league giving EUFA the go ahead to impose sanctions which may or may not involve CL bans.
  • edited April 2022

https://fb.watch/cysFzB73jW/

1. How was this 22 years ago? 😭
    2. How good was Paolo Di Canio? 😍
    3. How bad was Magnus Herdman? 😄

That was my daughter’s first game.I remember her sitting on my shoulders singing “ 5-0 to the cockney boys !” at the top of her lungs.
    Her next game we lost 2-0 , she cried all the way home.
    She’s about to make me a granddad.
    And so it continues……

• What a dreadful fight that was last night.
    Whyte barely landed a punch and seemed intent on making it a wrestling bout.
    Fury wasn’t much better, one punch and it was all over.
    Imagine shelling out 4 grand for a ringside to watch that garbage.
  • I agree it wasn't hugely competetive, but it was never likely to be; Fury is so much the better boxer, and he did all he had to do to win the fight convincingly.
  • Elon Musk has just bought Twitter for 44 billion dollars. I wonder if he will be able to clear up the cesspit that Twitter is?
  • Elon Musk has just bought Twitter for 44 billion dollars. I wonder if he will be able to clear up the cesspit that Twitter is?

Given his main reason for doing so appears to be to remove the few restrictions that Twitter has in place, I’d say it’s about to get even cessier (probably a word?)
  • Maybe its my age but seeing an individual buying something for 44 billion just seems obscene to me
  • Bazshuayi said:

Maybe its my age but seeing an individual buying something for 44 billion just seems obscene to me

Unless they're buying Declan...

• Just to let you all know, I put a load of new plants in pots and borders yesterday.
    Woke up to a frost this morning.

As you were.
  • I actually think Maguire is decent but woefully shot regard confidence at present. The fee was over inflated due to Leicesters league winning season in which everyone thought their players were special. Kante was the driving force and Mahrez the inspiration, not too many superstars aside from them two.
  • I know you’ve all been concerned but the latest bulletin is that all the new plants seem fine.
    I’ll keep you all updated.
  • Tuck them up in bed with a hot water bottle and a snug blanket.
  • The Grecians get promoted to League 1 at last! 🙂
  • Pleased for Exeter as they have been so very close over the previous five seasons.
  • The Grecians get promoted to League 1 at last! 🙂

Urned it!
  • I actually think Maguire is decent but woefully shot regard confidence at present. The fee was over inflated due to Leicesters league winning season in which everyone thought their players were special. Kante was the driving force and Mahrez the inspiration, not too many superstars aside from them two.

But Leicester won the league in 2016, and Maguire didn't even join Leicester until 2017. The transfer happened to Man Utd in 2019, so I'm not convinced their title win had anything to do with the price. It's more that Man Utd are terrible at business, and English players cost a lot more because of home grown rules.
This discussion has been closed.