Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• I remember how underwhelmed everyone was and questioned the clubs ambition, what do we know =)
  • HOTY for me.
  • Slacker said:

HOTY for me.

It's touch and go for me. Daws, Rice and Bowen, with 15 goals so far, are going to make it a tough call.

What a pleasant dilemma. 🤔
  • Dawson must have the best goals to transfer fee ratio for any defender , he looks like he would run through a brick wall if Moyes asked him to 😁
  • yoyo said:

Totally agree. He may not be the most fashionable type but has rarely let us down, is an honest 100% player, gives everything and I think his long pass distribution has improved.

Completely agree about his passing. He looks so much more comfortable on the ball than he did a year ago, and honestly I think that any defender we sign in the summer would have a very tough job displacing him
  • I love Pablo's celebration at the end.
  • Had to laugh ....... was out in London today going to see Handels Messiah, so we decided to stop off for a bite to eat after the performance.

Obviously football loving parent(s) with a sense of humour. One little girl had a football shirt on with MESSI on the back, and her little sister had the same shirt with EVEN MESSIER on the back.
  • Do you mean Handels Moyesiah?
  • edited April 2022
    Commentator Nigel Pearson has died. Only 52, Very sad, liked his darts and a few less popular sports but had a good way about him
  • I live in a true blue area when a donkey with a blue rosette would be elected, which is not far from the truth. Every spoilt ballot has to be read and agreed it’s spoiled therefore my one has my thoughts on spaghetti haired morons not being worthy of a place in parliament as the law seems less important than sucking up the his boss the PM.
  • Pathman there are also areas where Labour could put up Hitler, Putin, Stalin or even Diane Abbott and they’d get in.
  • My problem is that I find all parties unelectable atm such is life
  • edited April 2022
    Am I alone in wondering what’s happened to our country?
    We used to be shining light of freedom, democracy and compassion. Just look at where we are now,Tory MPs backing a leader who’s been shown to have broken the law and sending desperate refugees to an African nation whose human rights record is dubious to say the least. Just so that a proven bully of a Home Secretary can get favourable headlines in the rabid right wing press to appeal to the worst instincts of the electorate.

I’m very proud to be British but this government makes me hang my head in shame.
  • edited April 2022
    When exactly were we a "shining light of freedom, democracy and compassion"?

Our democracy is deeply flawed, one of the two Houses is unelected with the government of the day able to appoint members as they wish.

The current Tory government won 365 seats - 56.2% - with just 43.6% of the votes, in 2005 Labour won 55.2% of seats with just 35.2% and in 1974 Labour won more seats (301) than the Tories (297) despite getting fewer votes (37.2% to 37,9%)

We might kid ourselves that we're a "shining light" of democracy but the evidence says otherwise
  • I agree that our electoral system is flawed but you get my point.
  • UK was quite far behind a lot of places in giving women the vote.
  • The people coming across on boats couldn't care less about our democracy, otherwise they wouldn't be risking their lives trying to get here.
  • Once we factor in how flawed even being elected is due to the ease at which it is manipulated by the information providers we could even dismiss democracy as the being the measure of a free society.

The ease at which people were convinced to vote for a Brexit on grounds that had little to do with being part of the EU, and convinced to ignore predictable and obvious downsides with nothing more than the term 'project fear' provided to them to do so.

• edited April 2022
    I've received 2 WhatsApp messages from different people, both with the same story about Dyche and Duncan Ferguson after last week's game. Has anyone else seen it? I won't post it but IF true then it would explain his sacking. I must stress that I don't believe everything I'm sent and don't believe what I've been sent. I just wondered if anyone had heard rumours?.
  • Unless it's rude or has rude words in it, then just post it.
  • No, don't. Because if it's just malicious gossip with no foundation we don't want to spread it.
  • I've looked online and can't find anything, so probably just rubbish.
  • MrsGrey said:

UK was quite far behind a lot of places in giving women the vote.

MrsGrey said:

UK was quite far behind a lot of places in giving women the vote.

What? When did this happen? When I left for America?
  • edited April 2022
    If the rumour was true then it would be understandable to sack Dyche but why sack Stone, Woan and Mercer too

Unless he asked all three to hold his beer, his coat, whatever...
  • Exactly, that's why I don't believe it. These rumours get around and before you know it, it's Gospel. ( That made me chuckle, your response is literally what I said to the people who sent it to me. You've obviously seen the same WhatsApp )
  • Nah I just Googled and found comments on an Everton chatroom
  • Big Dunc hasn't been sacked so probably nonsense.
  • It would take a very brave person to tell Duncan Ferguson he is being sacked. =)
This discussion has been closed.