Rapid Vienna v West Ham Utd Thursday 25th November

Comments

• Ignore the offside, that is dreadful from Benrahma.
  • We also need a ball playing CB, Dawson just whacks it too often
  • Diop completed 100,% passes so far, BBC says.
  • Calling it now. Sonny Perkins is going to score 20 goals in a season for West Ham.
  • Youngster nearly scores <.<
  • That keeper is no fun
  • I’ve liked the way Karl has dropped in
  • Youngster nearly scores <.<</p>

Straight at the keeper.
  • Calling it now. Sonny Perkins is going to score 20 goals in a season for West Ham.

He might have scored just now, if you hadn't just jinxed him hahaha
  • The commentary on my stream is plain weird, reasonably long periods of silence interspersed with a single name and an occasional sentence.

No opinion or insight or anything of note,

Plain weird
  • Perkins is doing exactly what Odubeko failed to do when given his chances, made a nuisance of himself and chased things down.. only chance was on target hopefully he gets another …
  • Dodger58 said:

I’ve liked the way Karl has dropped in

I think he's done really well.
  • I think Fornals wanted to set up Perkins there, should have shot with more confidence himself
  • Professional. Could have been more ruthless but seemed like we didn't want to push ourselves any harder.
  • All over we top the group. Most comfortable win we have had this season i think.
  • Happy happy joy Joy
  • Tell you what, that ref was really good tonight. Didn't notice a single questionable decision, or any 'look at me' moments.

Quite a refreshing change from what we see at the weekends.
  • and to boot Mura just scored in injury time to beat Spurs :p
  • Job done ,bring on City
  • edited November 2021
    Decisions, decisions.... I want to see the after chat about our game but Soooo tempted to turn over and watch the aftermath of the Tottenham game for a giggle!
  • Lukerz, you weren’t happy with Yarmelenko, but failed to mention the obvious, Vlasic was equally if not more uninspiring…: I know I’ve mentioned this a few times, but come on , Vlasic was worse than Yarmelenko tonight if we pulling players out…..
    Anyhow we won and qualified, happy times…
    Also personally thought Dawson looked strong and did little wrong, guess if the face don’t fit…..⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Tell you what, that ref was really good tonight. Didn't notice a single questionable decision, or any 'look at me' moments.

Quite a refreshing change from what we see at the weekends.

While I completely agree , there wasn’t any real hard tackles or drama he had to deal with…
    But yeh he was understated and just got on with things 👍🏻
  • Very happy we got the job done as that really was all that mattered.

It is clear that this second string have a very limited use in the competition after the match against Zagreb. I think it's fair to say Vienna wouldn't survive in the Premier league and they looked like a team so without a strategy or the ability to implement one, looking unable to cope with an intensity that the Premiership demands of us each week. We should really have made more chances and converted a few, so poor were Vienna.

The greatest positive for me was when Kral came on as he looked like he could play in our first eleven and would be a starter now were it not our strongest part of the team with Rice and Soucek. I was happy Arthur got minutes as he will be needed at some point clearly, he looked almost up to speed.
  • Missed the game and saw that Perkins had an 8.4 rating on BBC, then saw he played the last 12 minutes. Big fan of that
  • alderz said:

Missed the game and saw that Perkins had an 8.4 rating on BBC, then saw he played the last 12 minutes. Big fan of that

Got in some good positions and pressed really well.

12 minutes isn't enough time to judge, obvs, but I get a good feeling about the boy.

Someone on here said he'd be a 20-goal-a-season player, but that's a big call.
  • alderz said:

Missed the game and saw that Perkins had an 8.4 rating on BBC, then saw he played the last 12 minutes. Big fan of that

Got in some good positions and pressed really well.

12 minutes isn't enough time to judge, obvs, but I get a good feeling about the boy.

Someone on here said he'd be a 20-goal-a-season player, but that's a big call.
    Just looked it up and he was 6 months old when Mark Noble made his West Ham debut
  • Hopefully a few of the youngers play the last game. No pressure at all and doesn’t have any impact on our momentum but against a team that needs at least a point so will have something to play for. Perkins starting would make a lot of sense.
  • as Mrs G beat me to the happy joy quote, we are M A S S I V E will have to do
  • Haven't seen any mention of Noble's "Cruyff turn" at 60 mins. What is he like ? =)