Rapid Vienna v West Ham Utd Thursday 25th November

Comments

• Come on Mark, put this one away and slay the dragon
  • YES - really well taken penalty,
  • It will mean a lot to Noble to score in Europe. So pleased for him.
  • Yarmo is going to be that guy in Europe.
  • Kral on for Soucek surely he needs a rest ?
  • Keep it up West Ham and keep it down spuds
  • jay, Lazy is standing around doing nothing but Vlasic is tracking back to help the team. He has just got to get up the levels DM wants. 👍
  • Oh yikes. I've endured the female comms person ( is it Alex Scott) and now I'm supposed to sit through Joe Cole and Carlton Cole. I don't think I can stand it.
  • Would also love to see Chesters or Perkins come on if we can bang in a third, Kral surely needs to get some game time to get up to speed with a busy December coming up.
  • What's wrong with the Cole boys?
  • MrsGrey said:

Oh yikes. I've endured the female comms person ( is it Alex Scott) and now I'm supposed to sit through Joe Cole and Carlton Cole. I don't think I can stand it.

• edited November 2021
    Mrs G, I think it’s Jules Breach on BT who supports Brighton?
  • I don’t like Christmas starting too early, but this is looking like an early present. I might put my decoration up next week. Mulled wine in Suffolk on Sunday if anyone is around 🤪
  • Mrs G, I think it’s Jules Breach on BT who supports Brighton?

No she's not doing co-comms. It's a different voice. I know Jules because she does the FF show 😂
  • I don’t like Christmas starting too early, but this is looking like an early present. I might put my decoration up next week. Mulled wine in Suffolk on Sunday if anyone is around 🤪

You could email me a glass if there is enough hahaha
  • Fortune 👍🏻Lazy was perhaps harsh….
    Just not convinced by him , I know it’s very early days and He can’t be judged yet, he just needs IMO to put himself about a bit more… I really hope I’m proven wrong, I’d really be well happy…. So COYI & especially Vlasic ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • edited November 2021

What's wrong with the Cole boys?

Nothing, really. Usually I'm happy to listen to them. But my resilience to cope with mangled communication has been totally squashed by the comms person. Do you think if I offered BT free sessions to help their professional communicators to actually use grammatically correct English, they'd take me up on it?

Just to say (edit) this isn't about accent. Or dialect. Or punditry... But if you are a professional commentator then imo you have to be able to speak grammatically correct English ( or whatever language you are commentating in). No matter what your other qualifications.

I'm glad I'm not paying for this BT coverage ;)
  • Coufal looks so angry i`m a little scared just watching him =)
  • steve said:

Coufal looks so angry i`m a little scared just watching him =)

Just think how Johnson feels!
  • Potato Fields!
  • Didn't know Bowen did training in potato fields over the summer. Somebody should have mentioned that.
  • edited November 2021
    We’ve had a few chances to make it 3…, Kral and Benrahma coming on…
  • Should be 4-0 really.
  • I think Lanzini should start at the weekend, he's been good whenever he's played lately.
  • The farm in Hull, isn't that right Mrs Grey 😉
  • The farm in Hull, isn't that right Mrs Grey 😉

Deffo.
  • edited November 2021
    Don't get the Benrahma and Fornals subs, comfortably in control of the game, Rapid Vienna know they are not only going out but completely out of European competition altogether and i imagine as the game trundles on a few big tackles might start going in.
  • Very happy with our display

Only negative is Yarmo who has been very poor for me (I know he scored & won the pen)