Potential Takeovers and Investors

Comments

• Exactly. What is the point of mentioning the patreon thing 🤣. It was spilled out for everyone at 8:30 anyway.
  • I think the podcast is different. From the tweet it seems they’re also going to do a podcast.
  • Anyway regardless of all that PAI have gone down like a lead balloon on social mediaerz
  • #GSBIN for me at the moment.
  • I am not thinking this is the way to go about buying a premiership football club.
  • I am not thinking this is the way to go about buying a premiership football club.

Perhaps this is how they buy football clubs in the Azerbaijan Premier League...
  • Philip Beard on talkSPORT today about a new bid

Another mess, call it off
  • Lukerz said:

Philip Beard on talkSPORT today about a new bid

Another mess, call it off

Hasn't gone down well on social media. Didn't listen to it myself, but get the feeling it was just noise from Beard with zero substance.
  • Cant say I like the sound of this lot. I don't think they have the kind of cash that can help us achieve the next level. They seem more interested in the Olympic park and holding events.
  • These guys might have been the best thing for G & S.
  • edited August 2021

These guys might have been the best thing for G & S.

I've even seen some speculation that that was the intention all along; that somehow Sullivan has been involved to make a elaborate 'grass isn't always greener' statement.

But if it wasn't deliberate, he's seriously lucked in with the first serious takeover interest being from such a seemingly incompetent consortium.
  • MrsGrey said:

I got as far as 'celebrity mattress salesman' and now I can't stop laughing.

What a world 🤣🤣

When I read that, I thought it just might be the “My pillow guy” and my heart lurched, and not in a good way.

( if outside the US, you may need to goggle him, but trust me ,there is plenty out there on him)

• These guys might have been the best thing for G & S.

I've even seen some speculation that that was the intention all along; that somehow Sullivan has been involved to make a elaborate 'grass isn't always greener' statement.

But if it wasn't deliberate, he's seriously lucked in with the first serious takeover interest being from such a seemingly incompetent consortium.
    The idea that fans think Sullivan is completely incompetent but also able to manufacture a fake takeover bid to make himself look better is funny to me.
  • alderz said:

The idea that fans think Sullivan is completely incompetent but also able to manufacture a fake takeover bid to make himself look better is funny to me.
    Personally, I think Sullivan is every bit as scheming and devious enough to so something like this.

Not saying that he has, just that I reckon he's got it in him.

I don't think you make as much money as he has without knowing how to play the game.
  • alderz said:

He has strengths and weaknesses.

Tbh, I think most people who want to buy football clubs are going to be rubbish, so it's not that surprising that these guys look like fools, though they have managed to mess it up even further with their media approach. Beyond City, Chelsea, Leicester and Brentford I'm not sure how many fans actually like their owners.
  • None the takeover goings on have deflected my attention away from the lack of incoming transfers at the London Stadium. Two weeks and counting I believe!
  • edited August 2021
    I have just wasted my time listening to that, hilarious.

The fact they even mention us, when comparing models of sustainability, to Brentford & QPR. Two lower league clubs, one of which has flighted success in the PL but with no consistency & the other who has just come up. Both have attendances under 20,000, we have just been in the PL for 10 years straight.

Buy club, run it sustainably, make the Stadium front & centre of the club. How is that any different to what is happening now?

Surely this guy has been paid by Sully to do this as a PR stunt. This is the worst timing to make any under-offer of a club & hope to pressure the owners to sell via public negotiations. The team is as good as it has been &, by his own admission, the set-up at the club is ‘right’. This bid should have been made two years ago, unless they knew they would never have it accepted by coming to the table now.
  • Tony Cottee is now on board with the PAI takeover. He's released a statement backing the bid.
  • Wonder what they paid him
  • I like Tony Cottee always loyal to West Ham even though he played for other teams during his career unlike some! Although money may be involved IF GSB were doing what they indicated they would then maybe he would feel more inclined to back them, unless of course they are being hindered by David Moyes not spending any money he has been allocated for transfers.
  • Tony Cottee's 2nd book, "West Ham: The Inside Story" describes his attempt to form a consortium to buy the club off Terrence Brown & Co. It all fell apart when he invited the Icelandics to join the consortium and they hijacked the deal, excluding Cottee completely.

He comes across as incredibly naïve when it comes to business (has anyone seen the film "Fargo"?)

Ironically Cottee manages to make Sullivan sound like a shrewd businessman. Cottee tipped Sullivan off that the Icelandics were interested, Sullivan bought Peter Storey's shares and sold them along with his own shares for a tidy profit.
  • Cottee is a footballer. Why do you expect him to be as clever as Sullivan in business?
  • Perhaps Cottee needs the dosh after being dropped by Sky Sports after a 20 year stint 🤔
  • I'd be surprised if he does and I'm annoyed that he can't get a consortium of his own, after all I gave him a link to a Nigerian Prince with investment opportunities I received via email
  • Not into the whole venture capitalist take over, but it seems the way it’s all going. It’s that or oil money laundering
  • Or stick with the devils you know 👿
  • The Kylie Minogue philosophy, I like it.
  • edited August 2021
    IronHerb said:

Cottee is a footballer. Why do you expect him to be as clever as Sullivan in business?

I didn't expect Cottee to be clever at business but obviously he believed he was. That's possibly the saddest thing about the book
  • Personally just don’t like the way this group are going about their business, stinks of something like a poorly run “ Theme park “ and they trying to get as many ex Irons along for the ride…👎