Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• He looks a young 30 in his defence
  • I look forward to seeing him towering above everyone to head in a corner. I wish him well
  • Cuz,As long as he looks young in OUR defence =)
  • steve said:

Cuz,As long as he looks young in OUR defence =)

Are we recalling Billy and Alvin aswell then?

• So latest update from ExWHU

- Benrahma stalled due to last minute demands, the issue seems to be between Brentford and Benrahma and bonuses not ourselves, will attempt to resolve it today
    - King isnt after £130k as some reports stated (didn't say his wage demands were low either), the highest we've bid is still £13mil which is below the £18mil asking price, so may go in again
    - Moyes doesn't rate Manning, so unlikely to make a move
    - we like Armstrong of Blackburn but not enough to bid in this window
  • So this window that began with fans being told the defence is a priority and we had too many wingers is likely to end with £5m having been spent on the defence and £30m on a winger.

Seems about right.
  • So, three days to go in transfer window “extra time”. Have we signed our “young and hungry” yet?
  • it sounds ever more present that we aren't going to sign either Benrahma or King
  • Defence was a priority, but reality is we have Ogbonna, Diop, Balbuena, Cresswell & Rice as emergency cover. Now we have Dawson for the year. What that tells me is Moyes will revisit it next summer when maybe one of his first choices is available or he has time to find another option. Moyes clearly wanted a big money CB, but if you can’t get your number 1 target, you eventually run out of targets. Moyes won’t have a list of 10 big money players. He will have a list of defenders who he likes, ordered by who he wants most. The signings of Payet, Fabianski, Coufal, Antonio have shown us that you don’t need to spend big money. Moyes may want to develop Diop further now, with some proper coaching.
  • But what about left back Lukerz? Neither Cresswell or Masuaku are good enough at LB, but both are better in a 3-5-2. But if Masuaku gets injured/suspended/CV19'd then we have to put Cresswell at wing-back, which he isn't cut out for, and re-arranging the centre backs.

Just feel like we've missed a trick with Manning and Henry.
  • Can you imagine the scenes if we are gazumped not only by Everton for King (perhaps understandable) but also by Palace for Benrahma
  • OCS - I think we assume we have missed a trick, but reality is if we those LB targets are worse than what we have, we have not missed a trick, but avoided weakening the side. They have to be deemed good enough.
  • Johnson will probably be the cover
  • It’s all about opinions. If one of us thinks we should sign a certain player but he turns out not to be good enough it doesn’t directly affect us. If the manager does it then it could cost him his job.
  • Still waiting for the justification for selling Diangana that simply wasn't just lining the pockets of Gold and Sullivan.
  • Lukerz said:

Defence was a priority, but reality is we have Ogbonna, Diop, Balbuena, Cresswell & Rice as emergency cover. Now we have Dawson for the year. What that tells me is Moyes will revisit it next summer when maybe one of his first choices is available or he has time to find another option. Moyes clearly wanted a big money CB, but if you can’t get your number 1 target, you eventually run out of targets. Moyes won’t have a list of 10 big money players. He will have a list of defenders who he likes, ordered by who he wants most. The signings of Payet, Fabianski, Coufal, Antonio have shown us that you don’t need to spend big money. Moyes may want to develop Diop further now, with some proper coaching.

Think this is it, and Moyes has said that he would rather look to the academy and give them an opportunity if we are light in numbers

If we settle this window and target Tarkowski in the winter or next summer, Moyes #1 target then let's do it

Don't think this squad gets relegated and whether we like it or not, we aren't in a great financial position so would rather we not panic and spend money on players we don't think will improve us

For the record, I do still think we will make a signing
  • What never ceases to amaze me is that we always seem to do our deals in public
  • Still waiting for the justification for selling Diangana that simply wasn't just lining the pockets of Gold and Sullivan.

Does there need to be justification? Maybe he just isn’t that good?
  • I thought Diangana was sold to pay off the Haller debt.

• Lukerz said:

Still waiting for the justification for selling Diangana that simply wasn't just lining the pockets of Gold and Sullivan.

Does there need to be justification? Maybe he just isn’t that good?
    Dianaga had a goal involvement every 133.5 minutes last season, Benrahma every 147.8 minutes. Diangana created a chance every 44.5 minutes, Benrahma every 39.6, Diangana ran at a player every 25.9 minutes, Benrama every 27.8. Diangana was dispossessed once every 41.5 minutes, Benrahma 33.4. Diangana had a pass success of 79.2%, Benrahma 77.8%.

So, Grady had goal involvements more frequently and lost the ball less frequently, whilst other metrics are basically much of a muchness. If you want to say that Grady "isn't that good" then I'd suggest that Benrahma isn't much of an upgrade.
  • Bringing stats to the table since 2011 👊
  • Wow ,alderz you should get a medel or something ,At lest an OBE .
  • steve said:

Wow ,alderz you should get a medel or something ,At lest an OBE .

Or a gold "stat"ue

• Get outta here.
  • Or a life😏
  • Seen this doing the rounds on twitter and a few reports

https://tbrfootball.com/report-west-ham-set-to-sign-frederik-alves-ibsen-from-danish-side-silkeborg/

Apparently we've agreed a £1.2mil deal for a highly rated 20 year old Danish CB who will arrive in Jan
  • "Sideshow" Fred?

• Love him already

https://tbrfootball.com/report-west-ham-set-to-sign-frederik-alves-ibsen-from-danish-side-silkeborg/

Apparently we've agreed a £1.2mil deal for a highly rated 20 year old Danish CB who will arrive in Jan

Oh phew, thank goodness for that. Because I was wondering where are routine pointless signing for the u23s (who will drift into oblivion having got nowhere near the first team) had got to.

Oh phew, thank goodness for that. Because I was wondering where are routine pointless signing for the u23s (who will drift into oblivion having got nowhere near the first team) had got to.
    Honestly mate I don't know who we could sign to make you happy
This discussion has been closed.