Covid19: Support and Chat

Comments

• Thanks for the view from the ground Outcast. I hope they will get effective support. Its been clear that lockdown isn't the same for us individuals in the UK as I am lucky to have a small garden and live in a quiet cul de sac as opposed to a high rise housing estate, and likewise the virus is not the same for every country as some like ourselves will be able manage it much better than these developing countries, I hope we will help them. I think the saying about finding out who your friends are will never be more pertinent.
  • "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."........The president of the USA. :scary:

• Perhaps he should be the single trialist
  • He's bought shares in US disinfectant companies. :hmm: Or is that disinformation companies. :doh:
  • Well, at least those People wouldn't have died of Corona, would they?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TkU1ob_lHCw
  • But they won't. :doh:
  • Munich, thanks for sharing that, :ok:
  • Munich, thanks for sharing that, :ok:

You're welcome :) I just can't seem to get it in a preview frame. It will only Show the link.
  • On a happier note - Captain Tom gets to top of charts with “You’ll Never Walk Alone”.
    Anyone else find it funny that, given current circumstances, this is the closest the Kop may get to No.1 this year😀
  • What is so very concerning for me is; if Trump can so utterly fail to grasp such a simple briefing, what the hell did he make of the nuclear playbook?
  • it's going to be okay, because the American televangelists are going to sort this out....

• Even Mary Poppins would have difficulties changing little Donald!
  • Glad to see he's given up on his daily briefings. It must be a relief to many Americans that the daily embarrassment will cease, well for now anyway.

Being sarcastic when 50,000 of your charges have died! It beggars belief.
  • As in so many cases, the blatant lies used in the attempt to excuse, explain or justify his comment is what is most telling here.

Believe me that I am not trying to defend Trump, however...

I think he COULD have said that he was referring to a possibility that we could explore SOMETHING like disinfectant that could be injected somehow, that Is still a stupid notion for the US President to publicly promote, but it may have successfully deflected some criticism and enabled his supporters to hang their hat on something, after all we do employ some pretty toxic chemicals such as chemotherapy and radiation in the treatment of other diseases.

But no.he came out with the defense that his comment was sarcastic and clearly meant to be taken as such.

That tells you all you need to know, if by some millichance that you did not already know all you needed to know.
  • I think one of the more worrying things is that he doesn't appear to have or listen to anyone around him now. These people should have the best PR and strategists around him, so for him to come out with it in the first place but then an even worse attempt at damage limitation it tends lead you to think he does it all himself and is terrible at it all. Now if there is a military crisis such as the Cuban Missile stand off you really wouldn't want him in charge.
  • Not wishing to blow my horn but during one of his made up crisis , (I think it was the one where terrorists in the caravan were invading us) I commented that heaven help us if he is in charge when we are faced with a real crisis.

Ho hum
  • Anyone else notice that since Trump has shown just what a moron he is, his BFF (Slimeball Farage) this side of the Atlantic seems to have disappeared from public view, so at least one good thing.
  • Anyone else notice that since Trump has shown just what a moron he is, his BFF (Slimeball Farage) this side of the Atlantic seems to have disappeared from public view, so at least one good thing.

You mean apart from doing his show on LBC five days a week and his appearance on Facebook in those shorts?
  • edited April 2020
    :biggrin: Never listen to LBC and I'm not on FB. ;)
  • His FB appearance made most of the papers and was featured on Have I Got News For You.

Do not Google "Farage" and "shorts" if you are of a weak disposition...
  • And yet Trump still looks very much on for a second term despite everything that he has done over the last few years. It is a scary world we live in.
  • Biden seems to be marginally ahead in most of the recent polls that I can see.
  • edited May 2020
    The overall polls have Biden leading but they had Clinton leading last time.

If you look at the polls for individual states Biden is winning in the so-called "swing states"; Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Ohio is the key, its backed the winner every election since 1964 and even though poll results tend to be "slightly too Republican" the latest polls have Biden winning by an average of 6%.

A poll yesterday by the Dallas Morning News has Trump and Biden drawing in Texas, the last time Texas backed a Democrat was Carter '72.

Trump had what pundits call a "rally 'round the flag" moment - where support for the government goes up during a crisis - but he killed it off with bleach :biggrin:
  • edited May 2020
    I wouldn't read too much into the polls personally. I still think Trump is very much on for a second term. I actually think despite his comments the Pandemic will work in his favour, as by November there could be a chance that people are returning back to some sort of normality and you bet Trump will be tooting that horn to kingdom come.
  • Not to mention Biden now has Sexual Assault allegations being levied at him.
  • Trump had 26 sexual assault allegations against him...
  • edited May 2020
    I don't think for Trump it matters he has done so many things wrong that for him he can literally do whatever he wants and the Republican party are willing to back him to the hilt.

Democrats need a flawless run, we saw that in this country with all the stuff the Conservatives have done and yet "Commie Corbyn" was lambasted by Media to the point of being completely destroyed in the election.

Democrats are in the same boat in America, the media can destroy Biden to the point that Trump walks it if they give them a whiff of ammunition to do it with.
  • There are more stations than Fox though.

Trump bases his Presidency on the state of Wall Street which is why he was doing everything he could to bolster it. That won't work this time with the world about to go into a recession, if not a depression.
  • We will see but i would bookmark this for November, i honestly think Trump is going to walk this with a majority much like the Conservatives did in this country and i don't actually think that seems as far fetched as it reads.