Covid19: Support and Chat

For all of us.

Comments

• No footy :weep: I'm bored already :tumbleweed:
  • edited March 2020
    Joking aside this obviously is a pretty serious thing and is going effect so many people. I hope everyone on here gets through it ok :ok:
  • edited March 2020
    :ok: Ham

We have, along with most other universities, cancelled face to face teaching. Lectures are to be delivered via moodle. We’ve set up a suit in halls of residence to be used in case a student who can’t go home (we have 500) needs to self isolate. Decontamination cleaning teams have been set up and I’ve arrange extra clinical waste disposal.

We have been told to download our work to OneDrive and prepare to work from home.

Essential staff who will need to come into work have been told parking will be arranged and costs reimbursed.

My work place have responded very well.
  • My workplace sent someone home after three days in the office following a trip to Rome :doh:
  • Someone in my office got it the week before last. They cleaned the whole floor over that weekend but the first most of us heard about it was via sky news. They've pretty much swept it under the carpet at my place. A few whispers of working from home but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan.
  • You mean they cleaned the whole floor but in effect swept it under the carpet? :nonono:
  • Not having a plan is a bit daft.

I spent yesterday signing off on risk assessments so a research group can use COVID19+ blood from otherwise healthy patients. It’s to look why it’s causing cardiac inflammation.

Very interesting stuff.
  • Hamstew said:

Someone in my office got it the week before last. They cleaned the whole floor over that weekend but the first most of us heard about it was via sky news. They've pretty much swept it under the carpet at my place. A few whispers of working from home but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

Palestera?
  • edited March 2020
    Moojor said:

Hamstew said:

Someone in my office got it the week before last. They cleaned the whole floor over that weekend but the first most of us heard about it was via sky news. They've pretty much swept it under the carpet at my place. A few whispers of working from home but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

Palestera?
    Correct

I work on 3rd floor and it seems pretty poor. Interesting to know how it is on other floors. Are you at Palestra also?
  • Na, I'm over in Stratford! I was really happy to add another 30 mins to a 2 1/2 hour commute daily when we got shifted there!
    But tbf to them, it was on both the intranet and stammer well before it was covered by any of the news networks.
    There is quite a comprehensive plan in place if any one does say that they believe they have covid-19 and didn't realise until they were in work.
    Though that is going by what has been briefed by my line manager and for ES. I would be asking my line manager what the process is for someone reporting they have symptoms in the work place.
  • edited March 2020
    Yeah it was on the intranet apparently but most people including me wouldn't head to the intranet first thing and no one I know has uses Yammer since transformation has ended.. We got the usual treatment. The engineers all got an email about it late morning and our CAD team got nothing even though we sit in the same area. Kind of hear stuff via other people. It was only at lunch time when we saw it on twitter sky news page.
    Within our area there is a plan as in if you show symptoms don't come in so pretty much what the government are saying. With regards to not coming into the office which must be soon we've heard zip.

It was only on Friday that my line manager finally asked us all if we have anyone at home that might be vulnerable to the illness. Basically a week maybe longer since the building got infected.

• We have been told to practice “social distancing” so..........
  • I practice "social distancing" every day, in the cab of my train!

And now we're being told that a driver at West Ruislip has tested positive and they closed the train crew accommodation today for a "deep clean" but not that they've identified which trains the driver was working on.

• ASLEF on his way to work today. :biggrin:
  • At first though it was a Spurs home game
  • edited March 2020
    My parents have gone to the pub with their friends just in case they (as 70+) are told to stay indoors from next week. :biggrin:

• Yes, Mrs E and I have been out shopping for essentials today

• You may be in jest Expat but I have just got back from the wine warehouse with Mrs Whitehorse having made a larger than usual purchase, in fact when we had loaded up we struggled to get the dog back in the car, nearly had to leave her behind, but we squeezed her in.
  • You may be in jest Expat but I have just got back from the wine warehouse with Mrs Whitehorse having made a larger than usual purchase, in fact when we had loaded up we struggled to get the dog back in the car, nearly had to leave her behind, but we squeezed her in.

The dog or the Mrs?
  • Ham, don’t put me on the spot..
  • So, pubs and clubs to be avoided, no sport on TV, anyone else predicting a baby boom at the end of the year?
  • Not in my household. :whistle:
  • So, pubs and clubs to be avoided, no sport on TV, anyone else predicting a baby boom at the end of the year?

More likely an increase in divorces :wahoo:

More likely an increase in divorces :wahoo:

Can’t split up if you can’t move out
  • I'd say a boom in alcoholics
  • school boy error on lockdown as son has a cough, no booze in house, and my wife worries about running out of eggs :whome:
  • my favorite meme so far is the one saying Britain doomed as the Winchester closed due to corona virus
  • Hamstew said:

I'd say a boom in alcoholics

we've got a full wine rack so we will be ok :redwine:
  • All round Mikes....oh yeah. :weep:
  • Everybody welcome,this is where i am residing at the moment.