Gunners at home, 21 gun salute or blown out of the water: H Arsenal 09:12:19 20:00

123457»

Comments

• Grey, i agree that our fortunes will improve whether we change managers or not. But I just don't like Pelle..
    I don't think he has what it takes to build a future for us. Nothing so far indicates that he has a game plan we are working towards.
    I was all for him staying and turning it around but I'm done.
    I want someone who has a plan that we are working towards.
  • There is no magic switch a manager can turn on to give confidence and belief

However, improving work rate, fitness and stamina is absolutely totally within the scope of any manager. We are lazy and lethargic and have a manager who is completely blind to it
  • There is no magic switch a manager can turn on to give confidence and belief

However, improving work rate, fitness and stamina is absolutely totally within the scope of any manager. We are lazy and lethargic and have a manager who is completely blind to it

Or have a manager that recognises it, but can't or won't do anything about it.

Either way, we need a change.
  • When one of our laziest and “couldn’t be bothered” ex players (ljungberg) says that we were shot after 60 minutes it really does say something!
  • Pelle isn't turning this around, 10 games on and he's still heading backwards. His record signing is languishing on the bench. There's just too much of an inevitability about it.

You watch Southampton the last few games and you see a team prepared to fight, they look up for the battle. Can't say the same for West Ham and Rice has said twice now in a week about heads dropping after conceding and the loss of confidence. That directly comes from the man in charge who spends most of his time in the dugout hunched over, about as inspiring as a newt.
  • We have no leadership off the field and sadly, in Noble, no leadership on it either. We badly miss the presence of a Nolan type character. Noble came up short when we needed inspiration on the field during Slav’s difficult times and I’m afraid he is coming up short once again.
  • Yeold :ok:

If he was going to turn this around, Chelsea was the catalyst.

Instead, we surrendered meekly to Wolves and got turned over by the worst Arsenal team I can remember since I started watching football in the mid-80s.
  • Noble was terrible last night so often behind the play or losing the ball he pinged a few nice long passes his lack of pace and ability to keep up with play was so apparent he reminds me a bit of when gerrard played a season too long. The problem is we have no replacement and he might give a nice speech in the dressing room but where was he encouraging players giving people a rollicking when needed. Anderson doesn’t want to take players on cross or shoot which makes him an expensive passenger for large parts of the game. Snodders and Fornals put shifts in but apart from that no player stood out
  • Haller, Diop, Anderson, Yarma, have all massively gone backwards. He is destroying their confidence. The same could possibly be said about Formals and Lanzini. They have all been good players so that comes down to the manager.
  • Pellegrini is just one of a long line of managers that has failed to build a team that has the fight and desire to win regularly in the Premier league.
    We have had loads of managers that have failed to do it. Some seem to turn a corner but they all fail in the end.
    We seem to just employ journey men who lack the desire and passion to improve or fight for the club . Many talk a good game but I can’t think of any player for years that actually improved at West Ham and played consistently well or didn’t leave after a short time as soon as they realised what this club is about .
    There needs to be a complete overhaul in our squad and the club badly needs a Captain who is worth his place in the squad and can lead by example. Noble is part of the problem why this club cannot move forward . One or two decent games a season is not good enough when you are in the premier league.
    Sullivan and gold are also a major part of the issue.
    To sit down week after week and watch a team you own play such utter garbage . I don’t understand how they put up with it.

If I was lucky enough to own a club , if I saw players performing as badly as many West Ham players do week after week I would be sitting down with my manager and asking him what he is doing.

How can Sullivan and gold put up with such rubbish from a side they own?
  • Hutton

I think it is secondary to them. The £££ is more important. They have owned football clubs for over a quarter of a century and not won a single trophy. It doesn’t matter to them. They also didn't care about the non-financial advantages of Upton Park. Their eyes were fixed on getting a good deal out of the tax payer to rent the athletics stadium

A new manager would be good/necessary however what is really needed is for new owners to buy them out, make them good for any penalties they might incur, and for the new owners to somehow buy the stadium out of public ownership and make it into a football stadium as it’s primary use. So owners with deeper pockets than sully

Hitherto we have heard sully wants to pass the club to his children. It’s a sobering thought that the whole of the rest of my life will involve watching the sully dynasty own West Ham
  • Well another dismal performance. Our tactics are shambles.
    There seems to be no vision, strategy, coming from boardroom to the Head coach. So very uninspiring.
    We need to freshen things up, bring in Rio, and Joe Cole to work with Pellegrine. He can still learn at his tender age of 67.
    He needs to be open to new ideas.
    Because currently we are static, predictable, unfit,
  • Baracks I agree with what you say and I would add that if Sullivan and Gold carry on as they are West Ham as a club will just fade and sink down the leagues.
    I myself will not buy a season ticket again or go to see further games until things change at the club.
    I will not pay to watch a team embarrass it’s fans on a regular basis or pay money to owners who are only interested in money not the club and it’s history. Whatever they say they do not back it up with actions . The state of the current team shows how little they really care .
    How could owners who really cared put up with watching this team every week ?
    Many West Ham fans I know also have started to lose the passion they had for the club until a few years ago.

There is nothing to bring the club and it’s supporters together.

We have no ground of our own we just rent it.
    The players have no passion or desire to play for the fans and our board are only interested in money.
    That is nothing to build a future on.
  • Check out the article on the bbc about how Rodgers is going about things at Leicester. He has a preferred system however has at least two others which he has successfully switched to depending on circumstance. Pelle doesn’t have it in him to be of dynamic thinking and at his stage of his career never will
  • We need to freshen things up, bring in Rio, and Joe Cole to work with Pellegrine.

Has Rio ever coached? Does he even want to coach? He was touted as a possible Director of Football at Man U back at the end of last season but the position remains vacant.

Joe Cole joined Chelsea Academy as a technical coach in January but he's not listed on the website. Claude Makelele was appointed "technical mentor" in August so I guess JC's coaching career is in hold.

Two ex-players, one of who has never coached, one who has coached the kids for half a season.

Seriously???
  • Well that's my opinion.
    We need to change thing, try new ideas. Rio and Cole would bring impetus. They know what West ham is all about
    It's no good being blinkered about new ideas.
  • edited December 2019

Well that's my opinion.
    We need to change thing, try new ideas. Rio and Cole would bring impetus. They know what West ham is all about
    It's no good being blinkered about new ideas.

I'm not "blinkered about new ideas" if in my opinion they are realistic.

Here's a "new idea", how about Jack Sullivan, he's been managing director of the women's team for two seasons and I suppose he must know what West Ham is all about.

I'm not saying its a good idea but its "new"
  • Well, whatever floats your Aslef.
  • edited December 2019
    Last night we were ok,nothing more IMO, till Arsenal scored, we then looked like vulnerable u11's who hadn't won a match all season .
    To capitulate like we did, and have let in so many goals in many recent games is just a shambles, lack of management on & off the field.
    If we stick with Pelle, i do not see a positive outcome, he has IMO lost the team, made players play worse than they ever did, & has showed no abilty to change things up, this set of results IMO warrant an immediate dismissal, 1 win in 11, shocking. A record signing who now looks shot & cannot be motivated to start. The Owners must react, not hesitate, do so, it'll be bottom 3 for Xmas & a spirit like scrooge IMO. & a very bleak UK winter will loom.
  • edited December 2019
    (insert baby yoda meme)
  • at least I don't have to do the next thread, silver linings etc
  • at least I don't have to do the next thread, silver linings etc

Someone who considers themselves a very lucky person stand forward & get writing pls.
  • edited December 2019
    Well, at least something good (but not for us) has come out of this - it seems to have kickstarted Arsenal's Europa League campaign. West Ham, the gift that just keeps giving. :weep:
This discussion has been closed.