Gunners at home, 21 gun salute or blown out of the water: H Arsenal 09:12:19 20:00

Comments

• This is the trouble. He will go sooner or later but we are going to end up with some right tripe.
  • Wonder how the Pelle remainers feel after another abject performance & nul points? Please come out of your shells and let us know :ok: Do you still think he is the right person to steady the ship & lead us forward, can he change things up & mix things up, I'm not even sure he could mix a salad TBH.
    Boos at final whistle & sounds like Antonio might have been injured towards the end....Sad times remain.

I would imagine no one is happy Jay.

I would imagine they even less happy about being called to the front of the class to explain themselves.

• My boy went to bed at 1-0 up. Looking forward to crushing him once again.
  • Silva
    Emery
    Howe
    Rafa

I mean any of them are vast improvements on this bloke. He has no answers.
  • We all love stats don’t we?

1. No side has lost more PL games on a Monday than us (30)
    2. No side has lost more PL derbies than us (100)
  • I said to my Mrs about ten minutes into the second half that this the worst Arsenal team I’ve seen for many many years.They were absolutely there for the taking.Once they scored it was so predictable what would happen.
    For the first time I think we’re bang in trouble.
  • edited December 2019
    Another terrible game and relegation and certainties unless something changes e.g. the manager. No heart, spine, penetration, tactics, heart, courage.

I could not understand Pellegrini's substitutions. Antonio was limping and he took off Anderson, and kept Antonio on right until the end. I doubt if he would be fit for Saturday. Then Pellegrini brought on Holland, a good left-winger, and played him on the right. Why? Masuraku was terrible and so were most others. We don't look like scoring and concede too many. I don't think players wnat to play for Pellegrini for whatever reason and need to make a change. Our only target now is to stay in the EPL.
  • Southampton must be licking their lips for Saturday. They’ve not been winning games but they do give 100%. This season’s stats have already shown we run the least distance of any team, we are the easiest team to cut through and that teams reach our penalty area quicker than against any other team.
    I seriously can’t see us winning another game this season on this kind of form.
    Absolutely disgraceful performance.
  • Lukerz said:

Silva
    Emery
    Howe
    Rafa

I mean any of them are vast improvements on this bloke. He has no answers.

Silva... good lord save us :weep:
  • Glad we left our home for this, though :ok:
  • Just embarrassing .

So many West Ham performances are just embarrassing though.

The board have done nothing to take this club forwards all they have done is sold our ground .

One question i have is how do we manage to find so many gutless players with such little desire to play their best for the club and fans year after year ? Our scouting system is as rubbish as our board , manager and players.
  • Lukerz said:

Silva
    Emery
    Howe
    Rafa

Can we have all of them please.
  • We are actually in trouble
  • Over the last few seasons when we've hit bad patches I have never entertained relegation for a second. Nothing inside me felt it justified.

However, this season... We, IMO, are bang in trouble (with things as they currently are).

The only positive, for me, is that we have time to do something about it.
  • Pengeman said:

Lukerz said:

Silva
    Emery
    Howe
    Rafa

Can we have all of them please.

What positions would you play them lukerz
  • How can we win at Chelsea then put in a second half performance like that? Without that win then surely Pelle would have gone after this? I honestly don't know what the answer is but I know dross when I see it.
  • Just FYI

We haven’t even played Liverpool or Leicester yet.
  • Apparently Pellers doesn't understand what happened
  • Maybe the PL will forget to rearrange the Liverpool fixture, so our goal difference doesn’t take a beating.
  • "I think I can fix it. We need to play for 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes. We need to be consistent and solid and concentrate."
    - Manuel Pellegrini
  • It's ok he thinks he can fix it.
  • “I can fix the problem but it will cost the owners a lot of money for me to go”.
  • Adam said:

Maybe the PL will forget to rearrange the Liverpool fixture, so our goal difference doesn’t take a beating.

Honestly, we'd be better off forfeiting the Leicester and Liverpool games. That way they're only 3-0 defeats and not the 5 or 6 goal humiliations that await us if we turn up.
  • Hamstew said:

It's ok he thinks he can fix it.

Phew! for a moment there I was starting to worry
  • Adam said:

Maybe the PL will forget to rearrange the Liverpool fixture, so our goal difference doesn’t take a beating.

:hmm: I'm assuming the title will be won by then so Liverpool will play their reserves and only win 4-0
  • Well this is disappointing, when I got on a train we were 1-0 up, when I got off the train we'd lost 3-1 and now I'm waiting in the pub to meet John & Joy the Gooners.

Let the urine extraction commence...
  • edited December 2019
    It's time for Pelle to go now !

He is not a bad manager but his squad has been built terribly and he has to take the blame.

Not enough strikers and a stubborn refusal to play the big signing made in that position in a way that allows him to show what he can do. He now doesn't even start him.

Poor reserve keeper selection cost us dearly

Not getting the best from what he has as I am sure Anderson and Fornells are better than we are seeing and need some new instructions.

• edited December 2019
    I had to record the game and watch it this evening, we have been adject before but tonight I actually got angry, this was without doubt the worst Arsenal team I have seen in years, I was shocked at how poor they were and how easy it was for us regain possession - Arsenal posed no threat whatsoever and were there for the taking.

We were then soooooooo sloooooow in the build up and sooo casual in looking to create anything, totally bereft of ideas with many good positions squandered and then they scored and that was that.

Arsenal all of a sudden looked like the team we know they can be and we looked like the team we know we are.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Not even putting up our Christmas tree managed to cheer me up and my wife officially called me grumpy.
  • edited December 2019

Wonder how the Pelle remainers feel after another abject performance & nul points? Please come out of your shells and let us know :ok: Do you still think he is the right person to steady the ship & lead us forward, can he change things up & mix things up, I'm not even sure he could mix a salad TBH.
    Boos at final whistle & sounds like Antonio might have been injured towards the end....Sad times remain.

I would imagine no one is happy Jay.

I would imagine they even less happy about being called to the front of the class to explain themselves.

Suzanne :wave: I would agree that no one could be happy.

I was not though trying to call any one out & belittle them, I and others have made it clear a long time before now that we felt Pelle should be gone, & there are other people on this site who have not agreed, which is fine, we are all entitled to our opinions, that I respect.

All I was asking was after yet another poor result do they still think he's the right man as our manager, that is all, not trying to make them feel they have to stand in the front of the class & explain their feelings, just give us an honest answer, like yes, it's no good changing now, wait till end of season, or perhaps after last night some might have altered their views somewhat?...

Just was interested to hear their thoughts Suzanne :ok:
  • I think we've got a more than decent squad, and a more than decent manager.

Unfortunately, at the moment, as it happens to lots of other sides, we have a terrible team, in terms of performance and confidence.

I think our fortunes will turn whether we sack him or not, and in the absence of anyone who could clearly do better in the long-term, I'm not sure what benefit there would be in giving him the heave-ho.
This discussion has been closed.