Gunners at home, 21 gun salute or blown out of the water: H Arsenal 09:12:19 20:00

Comments

• This could go either way imo. I doubt either of us will thrash the other.
  • Aslef. With a choice berween us and City, I think they would more likely accept a tonking from City and turn out their best players to get the West Ham gift that we seem to give struggling teams. How generous are we?. :whistle:
  • edited December 2019
    Martin
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Fornals - Antonio - Anderson
    Haller

Roberto, Diop, Cresswell, Snodgrass, Holland, Yarmolenko, Ajeti
  • Lukerz, on the "other games this weekend thread" you said

See Shelvey still in good form
    Still annoyed we didn’t get him in the summer
    Very solid PL CM

:ok:
    -----------------------------------
    And then I see that you've got Noble alongside Rice.
    Are you as disappointed as I am that we don't seem to have an alternative to him, the grandfather of sideways, backwards passing. It's like he's infected the whole team with this way of playing. I know there are the odd exceptions to this but by and large he's always been the same. I groan whenever I see his name on the teamsheet.
  • Lukerz, on the "other games this weekend thread" you said

See Shelvey still in good form
    Still annoyed we didn’t get him in the summer
    Very solid PL CM

:ok:
    -----------------------------------
    And then I see that you've got Noble alongside Rice.
    Are you as disappointed as I am that we don't seem to have an alternative to him, the grandfather of sideways, backwards passing. It's like he's infected the whole team with this way of playing. I know there are the odd exceptions to this but by and large he's always been the same. I groan whenever I see his name on the teamsheet.

Interesting thought
  • edited December 2019
    Yeh, and the alternative...enter the field Carlos Sanchez :doh: :doh: :doh: :lol:
  • Jay, as I said, we don't have any alternative. :weep:
  • edited December 2019
    exactly Bubbles, it's not great....& even somewhat more worrying is that our clued up manager sees fit to move Declan to CB & bring on Carlos, rather than Diop, something deepdown is very wrong at the moment IMO.
  • Great
    We pantz
  • Song

We 3 kings of orant are

One in a taxi

One I in a car

One on a scooter bipping his hooter following beyond the starz
  • Pellegrini vs Ljungberg, manager vs manager

MP's managerial career

Universidad Católica
    Copa Chile: 1995
    Copa Interamericana: 1994

LDU Quito
    Serie A: 1999

San Lorenzo
    Primera División: 2000–01
    Copa Mercosur: 2001

River Plate
    Primera División: 2002–03

Villarreal
    UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2004[65]

Manchester City
    Premier League: 2013–14[66]
    Football League Cup: 2013–14, 2015–16

Freddie Ljungberg managerial career
    2016–2017 Arsenal U15
    2017 VfL Wolfsburg (assistant)
    2018–2019 Arsenal U23
    2019 Arsenal (assistant)
    2019– Arsenal (interim)

Pelligrini's experience must surely prevail, shouldn't it? :whistle:
    What could possibly go wrong? :biggrin:
  • Horses for courses,,
    Managing the team and
    The egos in the team
  • Aslef. With a choice berween us and City, I think they would more likely accept a tonking from City and turn out their best players to get the West Ham gift that we seem to give struggling teams. How generous are we?. :whistle:

I don't think City are quite as worrying a prospect as they once were after losing at home to Man U and drawing away at Newcastle.

exactly Bubbles, it's not great....& even somewhat more worrying is that our clued up manager sees fit to move Declan to CB & bring on Carlos, rather than Diop, something deepdown is very wrong at the moment IMO.

He's not actually done that, he took Diop off and brought Sanchez on against Spurs when we were 3-0 down because he'd been booked. Diop was banned for Chelsea and he wasn't on the bench for Wolves because according to Ex "it was felt we may need other options from the bench".
  • Rumour is we are going two up front tonight we certainly need to try and support Haller maybe Antonio causing havoc and stretching their defence will give him more opportunity to show us what he is capable of. :hmm:
  • Game day...…. COYI ….sure hope we do play 2 up front
  • PLF - I sincerely hope so
  • If i don't see the players putting in a shift like the Brighton players did midweek against Arsenal. (plus we are at home)

Then the manager does not have the coaching skills equipped to deal with a premier league team and should resign as a result imo.
  • edited December 2019
    On 24th September I was daft enough to say:

If we finish this season in the top 8 with no relegation worries at any stage I'd consider that good progress for us.

To avoid the relegation worries we need points from this one imo. I am hoping Antonio can make this one because I think he does put in a shift which seems infectious.

:pray:
  • Don't like the look of our team for tonight...... :doh: sorry jumped the gun force of habit ,not even out yet :doh: :
  • Team is:

Martin
    Fredericks - Balbuena- Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Anderson - Fornals
    Antonio
  • Dont like that :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  • edited December 2019
    One up to again. Oh joy! Nice to see Holland on the bench.
  • The bench looks void of any creativity to me
  • Our subs are Roberto (GK), Zabaleta, Diop, Sanchez, Masuaku, Holland, Haller

No Yarmolenko?

Leno
    Bellerin, Sokratis, Chambers, Tierney,
    Torreira, Xhaka,
    Pepe, Ozil, Martinelli
    Aubameyang (c)

Subs: Martinez (G), Luiz, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Saka, Nelson, Lacazette

Aubameyang is going to be a tougher challenge than Giroud, would have preferred Diop to Balbuena but at least he's on the bench.
  • On the same day Ajeti does a piece on the OS saying he can rise to the challenge he is dropped from the squad entirely
  • If you could all keep it down whilst I focus on their Liverpool analysis that would be great.
  • Not feeling confident, guess that's no suprise to many here, consolation if I'm right the manager might be history, saying that I still hope I'm wrong & he can pull things together, not sure it'll happen, but none the less COYI
  • Once again, I turn on to watch West Ham playing on the Monday Night football and all I an see is analysis, which has already been done to death over the weekend, of every other team. I'm sure Arsenal and West Ham fans couldn't care less. Really annoys me! :angry:
  • Antonio playing makes us a 10 times a better side than we were in midweek

Just need to keep him fit

Has come such a long way under Pelle & I hold my hands up as I didn’t think he had it in him to improve as much as he has
This discussion has been closed.