Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Three potential signings before Thursdays deadline. Ascacíbar of Stuttgart (DM), Cardoso (CB) & Ajeti (ST).
  • Would be very good business if we can get all three over the line.

I've seen a few suggestions on line that the 'we only have £5m left' line is a bit of a smokescreen, so I guess if we can get these players in we'll know for sure.
  • If we signed both Ascacibar and Ajeti, we would need to take 2 of our non-HG players out of the squad.
  • Everton still looking to get Zaha over the line. Whatever one thinks of the way he goes down in the box, he is still a devastating PL performer and we would do very well to finish above them this season

However on the flip side, we look to have had a lucky escape with Delph who is apparently now injured
  • Can't see us signing all 3. I expect 1 more to come in.
  • edited August 2019
    baracks

I would qualify 'devastating' with 'on his day'.

Last year was his most productive PL season with 10 goals and 10 assists. (For comparison, Anderson had 9/4)

For me, he doesn't do it nearly enough to be a top 6 player, or to be considered anything like worth north of £80m.
  • If we are looking for a type of striker who can cover for Haller, should we be trying to sell Chica (who I imagine would have a number of suitors)? Not only to realise some funds but also to free up a place in the squad
  • Palace losing Zaha would be the final nail in the coffin for them. Glorious times ahead.
  • I like Palace :whistle:
  • Looks like Cordoba is all but done

Heard we are looking for a loan to buy for Ajeti which makes sense given we aren't very fluiid right now
  • Palace fans are the pits...IMO
  • Palace fans are the pits...IMO

No, they wear black tops and think they're special. :hmm:

Or am I thinking of Mike Dean again? :biggrin:
  • Well Iron, Mike Dean is a celebrity ref :wahoo: :lol:
  • Everton getting Zaha will be top 6 guaranteed for them. They will be champions league in no time. Zaha is easily one of the best all round forwards in Europe.
  • :puzzled: not sure about that hit and miss if you ask me glad we dont get him
  • Cardoso has signed a five-year deal, according to Ex. Official announcement due this afternoon
  • Everton getting Zaha will be top 6 guaranteed for them. They will be champions league in no time. Zaha is easily one of the best all round forwards in Europe.

He went to Man U and they did n't get champions league football from memory so don't see why Everton would if he went there imo

• Maybe we can get rid of Oggy in that case. He has quite often frightened me when he has played.
  • You'll only get £1m for Oggy because he is so rubbish.
  • BBC confirming Rooney to Derby (from Jan) which probably has to count as the most left-field transfer this window.
  • edited August 2019
    couple punts on some young players. :hmm:
  • Santiago Ascacíbar mentioned on twitter / West Ham news
  • Zaha is very direct and easily beats players, exactly what Everton are missing. Will be amazing for them. Alex Ferguson will back me up!
  • For a £15m player, his stats for Man U are certainly eye-opening.
  • Everyone excelled at Man Utd in Moyes first season? Great way to make a bench mark of a players career.
  • Zaha would walk straight into our team if we had him IMO

If you judge a player by an underwhelming experience at a previous club,, then you would also say that Liverpool and Man City signing Salah and De Bruyne was crazy thinking, right?
  • He is a good player I just don’t think he will turn Everton into a top4 team he was pretty average against us in both games last season
  • edited August 2019
    I'm judging him by his past performances. I referred to Man U in response to IBL.

He comes and goes, with more goes for the main part.

He had a decent season last season, but his stats for the last 5 years are hardly stellar:

I don't think he would improve us particularly, and don't agree he would walk into our side.
  • On premier league games only he scores on average every 5.5 games Antonio scores on average 4.2 games
  • Then that begs the question as to why hasn't anyone offered to buy Antonio? :hmm:
This discussion has been closed.