Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• edited August 2019
    I mean the reported fee wee got for him is just :doh: if true
  • edited August 2019
    Oxford was not even making the squad so don’t think he will be missed much ,good luck to him in Germany hopefully he will realise his potential . He only made a handful of appearances in Germany last year so not surprised we did not get a great fee for him
  • Well we need to replace him imo. Otherwise we may have well kept him as a squad player and let him run down his contract. If we replace him then that's ok imo.
  • What was the reported fee?
  • But he was not a squad player when was the last time he played for us ? you could say that Johnson has taken his place as a squad player
  • Just over £2m with us not seeing much of it. Whatever that means.
  • His leaving makes space for another academy player to step up. I honestly don't see how anyone can see his going as diminishing our squad.
  • What happend to the 6-8 mi that was talked about not that long ago :puzzled:
  • steve said:

What happend to the 6-8 mi that was talked about not that long ago :puzzled:

“Not that long ago” he was the next Rio. Then a squad player. Then worth £8m. Then trouble. Then available to the highest bidder.

I really liked what I saw of him, but he clearly wasn’t worth more than £2m to us or to anyone else.
  • pity we did not hang on to Ravel, we could have got £ 50 & A portion of cod n chips
  • Could be we've done the decent thing by him, letting him go for a low figure, when if we'd held out he might not have got the move.
  • So Bournemouth get £10m for a French striker who barely played, and we get £2m for an English defender/midfielder who barely played. I don’t think we’ve got a terribly good deal.
  • Oxford didn’t barely play. He never played. He was miles and miles from our first team.

Mousset played 58 games for Bournemouth.

A player is worth what somebody is willing to pay. It’s not a supermarket.
  • Surprised Cullen is still here barely featured in pre-season and seems to be behind Sanchez should move him on to Charlton perm.
  • But Obiang played on a regular basis, Oxford didn't.
  • simonc said:

Aslef
    IMO Cahill, and all the other rumors make no sense if we are out of funds, but if Diop goes and we get a big cash infusion, Cahill then makes sense and the other rumors have some validity as we would have some spending power.

Cahill is out of contract, he'd join on a free.
  • If we are tight of money, I’d rather we consider a loan or two rather than paying a six figure salary to a thirty plus year old has been
  • edited August 2019
    Are we tight of money?

I read somewhere that Roberto's and Martin's combined wages are about the same as Adrian's. Losing Arnie, Carroll, Obiang, Perez, Fernandes, Byram, Oxford and Nasri must have cut a sizeable chunk out of our wage bill. Somehow I doubt that Fornals and Haller will have swallowed up all of that so we still have a bit of money to play around with.
  • I can't help but feel we've messed up with the Marcus Browne transfer.
  • Hamstew said:

I can't help but feel we've messed up with the Marcus Browne transfer.

Why? He's an attacking midfielder/winger, we've got plenty of options so he wouldn't get much playing time if he'd stayed. He was on the bench last night, only got 20 minutes.

Load of ex-Hammers played last night, Ashely Fletcher, Dan Potts, George Moncur, Darren Randolph, Elliot Lee.
  • Pelly Ruddock too :ok:
  • edited August 2019

Hamstew said:

I can't help but feel we've messed up with the Marcus Browne transfer.

Why? He's an attacking midfielder/winger, we've got plenty of options so he wouldn't get much playing time if he'd stayed. He was on the bench last night, only got 20 minutes.

Load of ex-Hammers played last night, Ashely Fletcher, Dan Potts, George Moncur, Darren Randolph, Elliot Lee.
    Because I think he's good and is worth a lot more than £300k that's why :ok:
  • They should have sold him to you, then. :biggrin:
  • Are we tight of money?

I read somewhere that Roberto's and Martin's combined wages are about the same as Adrian's. Losing Arnie, Carroll, Obiang, Perez, Fernandes, Byram, Oxford and Nasri must have cut a sizeable chunk out of our wage bill. Somehow I doubt that Fornals and Haller will have swallowed up all of that so we still have a bit of money to play around with.

Depends what you believe. The ITK community on social media are reporting we have in the region of £5m-£8m available to spend in terms of transfer fees.

Wages wise I agree, we should have plenty available. Arnie £120k, Carroll £90k, Nasri £80k, Perez £70k. Throw in the other players' and I reckon you're looking at £500k a week.
  • So thats an Alexis Sanchez or nearly a Gareth Bale on loan then... Simple :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2019

Depends what you believe. The ITK community on social media are reporting we have in the region of £5m-£8m available to spend in terms of transfer fees.

Wages wise I agree, we should have plenty available. Arnie £120k, Carroll £90k, Nasri £80k, Perez £70k. Throw in the other players' and I reckon you're looking at £500k a week.

The article that linked us with Cahill also mentioned that we were considering Aaron Long (problems with a work permit) or Guillermo Maripan (too expensive). Alaves supposedly want £21.5m for Maripan and if we've only got £5m-£8m left to spend then that makes sense.

If we're low on transfer fees but have room for wages then Cahill on a free for a season long contract as 4th choice CB looks like an okay-ish deal.

Maybe go back for Maripan next summer when we've got the cash to spend. He'll only have one year left on his contract by then so might be a bit cheaper.
  • It’s no surprise if we are tight of money - we splash out on transfers - esp obviously last summer, pay pretty decent wages (eg apparently the weekly wage of Sanchez and Eriksen is only £10k apart), and then we recoup only a pittance when it comes to selling
  • edited August 2019
    Whatever the whys and wherefores, I personally think it is tragic that Oxford and Byram have left the club for a combined total of £2.75m
  • Whatever the whys and wherefores, I personally think it is tragic that Oxford and Byram have left the club for a combined total of £2.75m

Include Marcus Browne and it's only a little over £3m.
  • I just hope with Marcus Browne we at least included a sell on clause, I think he will be sold in a year or so for a fair bit...
This discussion has been closed.