January Transfer Window 2019

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Carrol’s Gradually improving and Silva would learn a lot given some games - set us up for next season.

Then use the proceeds in the summer.
  • I agree that January isn't the best time to buy, but 'making do' could mean we miss out on a European spot, or possibly a cup final.

It feels like we've finally got a bit of momentum, so to lose Arnie and not replace him could put the brakes on somewhat.

I guess a lot depends on whether Pelle believes Perez and/or Hernandez can step up until the summer.
  • Didn't I read that Batshuayi has been a flop at Valencia and they want to terminate his loan?
  • Bats had his chance and chased the money. Tough!
  • I’m not sure how much of a chance he’s been given. He’s only started 4 games this season, scoring one goal.

Valencia have scored 17 goals in 19 games, so as a team they’re not exactly prolific.

He was very good at Dortmund. So, on loan, it’s a good opportunity.
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11603641/michy-batshuayi-to-return-to-chelsea-as-valencia-loan-cut-short
    23 appearances in total (although I can't find how many minutes were involved).

The manager is pretty scathing.

tbh, I didn't really rate him at Chelsea and don't want him now.
  • What about the Brazilian striker who is on loan at santos babigol or whatever his name. I would do a loan spend in the summer
  • Gabigol?

We couldn't get a work permit, apparently, and he’s now signed (or is signing) for Flamengo
  • MrsGrey said:

23 appearances in total (although I can't find how many minutes were involved).

1042 minutes, 10 starts but only managed a full 90 minutes 4 times.

Monaco are interested (Thierry Henry has spoken highly of Bats) and he's also been linked with Everton.
  • Some Twitter talk that Obiang is off to Fiorentina for €10m and we're lining up Medel or Shelvey as a replacement
  • Let's get Drinkwater from Chelsea.
  • I've hived off the Arnie comments to this thread:

http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10783/the-arnie-situation-one-thread-to-rule-them-all#latest

Can we keep them to that one now?
  • edited January 2019
    10m for Obiang, if Medel is the replacement, seems strange 5 years older and doesn't seem that much better.
  • Why? Is any replacement for Obiang going to be happy to not be a regular starter unless they are going to be an upgrade?

If the Shelvey rumour gains any momentum I will leave it to our special correspondent to deal with it. I am sure she is just getting ready to vent her spleen. ;biggrin
  • edited January 2019
    If we want to push on as a club, next season I think we need a very good central midfielder (like a Pogba type) who can dominate the midfield (who will eventually take Noble’s starting place).

I hope that if we do bring in Medel or Shelvey (please no!), then we still look to bring in a ‘top’ central midfielder.
  • Did someone mention Bats? ;weep
  • Obiang close to joining Fiorentina for £10m, according to Sky Sports.
  • Would need a replacement obviously, only have 2 natural central midfielders available excluding Wilsheres who cannot be relied upon

I like Obiang, he doesn't do anything particularly special but he's a solid player who is normally reliable and £10mil in this market doesn't really get you much
  • ;hmm See the shelvey rumours have started again .please ;nonono ;nonono ;nonono
  • We are not helped by pundits such as Redknapp saying Guardiola should be looking at signing Declan.
  • West Ham and Southampton are preparing to table bids Southend’s teenage sensation Charlie Kelman, Football Insider understands.
  • #Quag ;cool
  • thorn

As Suze said earlier, any club who didn't have people considering Rice should sack them immediately.
  • If you believe Pep listens to Redknapp, senior or junior, then i think you are mistaken.
  • Very sceptical of this site but....
    Screenshot_20190114-224614_Samsung Internet
  • I have a photo of me in a West Ham shirt. If I post it will I be considered as a transfer target too? ;biggrin

(I will only accept polite responses ;lol )
  • We've been linked with Bristol Rover's 21yo LB Michael Kelly and Southend's 17yo striker Charlie Kelman.

Kelman made his debut in November, 5 minutes against Southampton's U23s in the EFL Trophy. He made his second appearance against Plymouth on Saturday, came on in the 71st minute against Plymouth and scored in injury time.

• Hernandez has agreed terms with Valencia.

All our strikers are AWOL lol.
This discussion has been closed.