The manure match thread - Home, 2nd Jan 2017

Comments

• Has Mike Dean resigned yet? ;hmm
  • Just because I read that some people wanted Defoe. He missed a 1 on 1 against Liverpool. yesterday. I'd sign him, nevertheless. Just the thought of having Antonio, Carroll and Defoe on the pitch at any given time during the match is mouthwatering!
  • perhaps the other two offside MUFC players blocked the view of seeing the third MUFC player who was offside, you know the one that scored.

I want defoe and I want him NOW!!!
  • I am curious to know what his goal scoring record is like, having taken out the penalties he's scored. Since he obviously won't be taking them if Noble is on he pitch.

Don't get me wrong, he'll definitely improve on what we currently have.
  • Red card appeal confirmed. (BBC)
  • Great picture on the back of the Mail today. Clearly shows Fegouli's feet mainly on the ground but Jones has his studs up about 6 inches above the ground. The FA should look at this and other views and rescind the red but ban Jones.
  • We have the weight of opinion in our favour. Seems to be universal agreement that it was the wrong decision, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Dermot Gallagher says Fegouli should have only got a yellow, Kouyate tackle was not a red but could have been a yellow and the assistant got it wrong for the second goal.
  • edited January 2017
    he assistant got it wrong for the second goal
    When you look at his position you can't help but wonder if a brown paper envelope containing non sequential notes was involved.
  • Sequential good word Suz is that our word for today perhaps we should have a new one every day ;biggrin
  • Feg yellow
    Kouyate yellow
    Nordy yellow before he got his yellow

Is it just me or is Nordtveit actually doing okay now? Plus he loves putting one on the opposition

If he could get a buzz cut he could be our new Julian

• Adam said:

I am curious to know what his goal scoring record is like, having taken out the penalties he's scored. Since he obviously won't be taking them if Noble is on he pitch.

Don't get me wrong, he'll definitely improve on what we currently have.

Well, Noble won't be on the pitch as much now.....
  • Nordveit got booked for a late tackle on Rashford that was so late he almost missed him. It's no good 'laying one on them' with the game lost and 2 minutes left.
  • I thought Nordveit did well and has been decent since returning to the side. Clearly his best position is in CM but he can still contribute in other positions, although hopefully he can eventually get a run in CM because afterall, thats where/why we signed him for.
  • I think he has been better and maybe worthy of a bench place but would certainly not be in my first eleven. Also looks to have a reckless or poorly timed aspect to his game, aside from the penalty a few weeks back he could have gone for the high challenge against Leicester and possibly yesterday although would have been harsh.
  • IronHerb said:

Nordveit got booked for a late tackle on Rashford that was so late he almost missed him. It's no good 'laying one on them' with the game lost and 2 minutes left.

It's okay, next time he should do it within 2 minutes of Rashford coming on, see if the kid comes back?

I wouldn't normally condone anything like that, but if it helps the lad settle so be it, don't want him causing serious injury to anyone of course.

He showed some cracking little touches around the edge of our own box, he just got beaten in the last 20 when he'd been part of 10 instead of 11 and Rashford would take most defenders apart at that point.
  • edited January 2017

Feg yellow
    Kouyate yellow
    Nordy yellow before he got his yellow

Is it just me or is Nordtveit actually doing okay now? Plus he loves putting one on the opposition

If he could get a buzz cut he could be our new Julian

Sorry, nearly forgot

Jones Yellow for milking it and acting like he'd been shot, plus going in over the top himself

;ok
  • Personally, I think Phil Jones knew he was at risk of a card himself, and reacted like he did to try to persuade the ref not to card him.

I'm not sure he really thought t would get Feghouli a red.
  • I agree MrsG.

• I can't see that it's been mentioned in here but a ManUtd fan died during the games yesterday following a cardiac arrest.

His name was Ronnie Greenwood.

;poppy
  • I hope Jones gets the tackle that he pretended he had in the coming weeks.
  • C&BS, that would be rather nice wouldn't it, especially if it goes unpunished ;devil
  • Of course he is ;doh
  • I would have thought due to all the bad media Mr Dean's decision has attracted in would be a no brainer to rescind the red card but of course it's the FA we are talking about, they are just as likely to commend Jones for bringing the matter to the Ref's attention and ban Feghouli for several matches for us having the audacity to appeal. ;angry
  • edited January 2017
    They don't rescind (or otherwise) a red card based on media response.

At least, I bloomin' hope they don't.
  • They may make an exception for this one ;wink
  • Mrs G, sorry I was trying to add weight, if any was needed, to say how poor it would be if the red card isn't rescinded & trying to be a little sarcastic about the way the FA operate. ;ok
  • ;ok

Although, it's an independent panel, rather than the FA, who review the appeals.
This discussion has been closed.