The "I know its only September but..." transfer thread

Comments

• edited October 2021
    1. The Sun.

2. Who's Bayo?

3. You are OK with a signing who will be missing in January?

4. Reports (well, The Sun, really, nobody else) say he would be a 'long term prospect' for Brighton. You want us to go all out now for a 'long term prospect'? Don't you think we should prioritise a 'right now' prospect?

5. 'Like Sima' .. you aren't convincing me with this line of argument: Brighton bought him and loaned him out straight away to a Championship club, Stoke. Who have played him twice. So, to paraphrase ... IF we wait it could mean we miss out on another kid who isn't good enough at present to get regular games in the Championship. Yeah... I'm not feeling the urgency, I have to say.

Plus.. The Sun. >:)
  • I'm sensing disagreement.
  • Mrs G,

1. Not only reported in the Sun.
    2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Bayo
    3. Yes. He can play in the rest of the season and future ones.
    4. He is unlikely to keep Antonio out much initially injuries aside.
    5. Sima isn't the first player to struggle on a overcast and chilly September day in Stoke. =)
  • Brave try, Fortune. Maybe you'd like to take on Fury next....😉
  • edited October 2021

Mrs G,

1. Not only reported in the Sun.

Lots of other places have re-reported it, but the Sun is the (only) source.

Blogs and fan sites talking about something The Sun said doesn't lend the story any more credibility.
  • The Bayo rumours started on various French sites back in August and the Sun originally picked up on the story last month

Unless there's something more substantial I'm not going to take it too seriously
  • edited October 2021
    I have the 'Boom Boom Boom, let me here you say Bayo' welcome thread in draft 👍
  • I have the 'Boom Boom Boom, let me here you say Bayo' welcome thread in draft 👍

You shouldn’t have done that. Alderz will steal it.

He’s a joke stealer.
  • I have the 'Boom Boom Boom, let me here you say Bayo' welcome thread in draft 👍

You shouldn’t have done that. Alderz will steal it.

He’s a joke stealer.
    #krallelujahgate
  • Is his girlfriend Amy Schumer?
  • Todays gossip, whilst not being particularly new, surrounds Man Utd seeking a 15M fee for Jesse in January if he refuses to sign a new contract. Now whether thats true or not , its pretty standard to assume or jump to that conclusion. The thing for me is that last week we would've been seen as the favourites to get him (maybe with Everton and Arsenal sniffing around from domestic potentials). Now, with their money (alongside game time) plus the near future lure of team strengthening (ironic if within 2 years the team outgrows him and hes back as a bencher) its surely Newcastle that will be bang on favs to nab him...

In a geordie Gilberts fridge accent ' hahh wellll, ya cun always dream'
  • I think Lingard will know it's his last big move and his priorities will probably be exactly what he had in his time with us, game time, appreciation and fun. If he waits until next summer he will get a very nice signing on fee also meaning OGS wanting 15m in January may be wishful thinking.

I suspect he played bluff and we both lost, I think he told Moyes that he wanted keep the player hoping we would try and tempt him, I don't think he was genuinely in his plans as he went out and bought Sancho and Ronaldo. We took him at his word and spent on Vlasik who, at present, is not improving the team in the way Lingard did for us.
  • Morning guys, I just had a great idea for a thread title if Bayo signs!
  • alderz said:

Morning guys, I just had a great idea for a thread title if Bayo signs!

• Declan Rice's representatives have told 90 mins that he will not be going to Newcastle

https://www.90min.com/posts/declan-rice-transfer-news-newcastle-links-west-ham

The Athletic says we have "high hopes" for England U17 striker Divin Mubama, scored 11 in 25 for our U18s last season
  • Kiev president Ihor Surkis tells YouTube channel TaToTake that he would be happy to give Yarmolenko a chance to end his career at Dynamo
  • Fed up with reading in all types of media that we are in a battle with Spurs to sign the Genk striker when Moyes himself has said we were never interested in him and that he was only being watched because of the EL
  • rel="thornburyiron">Fed up with reading in all types of media that we are in a battle with Spurs to sign the Genk striker
    And Newcastle. We're now in a battle with Newcastle to sign every available (or unavailable) player in the world. Fact. 🙄

• This is nice to read
  • edited October 2021
    Yep & people, at the time, said we were being unreasonable.

We weren’t, we were just ahead of the game in terms of knowing how good this lad was gonna be. People are now waking up to it.
  • We'll need over £100m as having Rice on the pitch is like having two players.
  • Fabianski has confirmed in an interview he is in talks with West Ham over a one-year extension & feels he can play on until almost 40.
  • edited October 2021
    That's on Polish website Meczyki, its rather long and in Polish so I had to read it through Google Translate

Your contract will expire in June. Do you already have any signals that you want to extend it?

As far as I can tell, there have been some preliminary talks already going on. I hope that we will calmly come to a good solution for both sides. I do not see any reasons for it to be otherwise, since the club and I are satisfied with this cooperation.

I understand that it is a question of extending the contract for one year - as was the case recently?

That's right. It's not just West Ham's policy that footballers of a certain age extend from season to season. This is actually a logical solution for many reasons. It is a kind of risk minimization. Of course, the most important thing in all this is health and sports level. If I can advise on these aspects, I have no problem with extending the contract.

https://www.meczyki.pl/newsy/lukasz-fabianski-chce-grac-do-czterdziestki-rozpoczely-sie-rozmowy-o-nowej-umowie-z-west-hamem-nasz-wywiad/176012-n
  • I would be perfect to have him for another season so Areola can move into the No 1 spot gradually, I am sure Fab wouldn't mind being more a number two next season, especially If we somehow manage to get into Europe.

My impression so far this season is that you can see Areola is younger and more athletic but Fab still looks the safest pair of hands.
  • edited November 2021
    Couple of rumours from Ex this morning.

First is that Moyes wants another forward player, and we’ll be going back in for Jesse Lingard in January (Newcastle are also interested).

Second is that we might be after Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague. Apparently the new investor wants to make Sparta Prague a feeder club for West Ham.
  • I signed Adam Hlozek on Fifa and he scored the winner in my Super Cup win over Barcelona. If that's not a recommendation to sign him then I don't know what is.
  • The "new investor" is the minority shareholder with 40%, the other 60% is owned by the J&T investment group. I wonder what they think of becoming a "feeder club"?

A feeder club that has qualified for European football every year since 1983?
  • Cant see Lingard being a goer, Newcastle will blow us out the water with something like 20m for him with 6 months left on his contract.

Hlozek would be an interesting one despite being really young.
  • I can’t see Lingard wanting to join Newcastle if they are rooted to the bottom of the league and heading for the Championship.
  • I can’t see Lingard wanting to join Newcastle if they are rooted to the bottom of the league and heading for the Championship.

I can see players joining Newcastle with a Demba Ba style clause in their contract that lets them go for free if they go down.
This discussion has been closed.