Match Thread - Away to Man U on Saturday 22nd January, 15:00

We must be due a win at old triffid

Comments

• That plants the seeds of doubt in my mind already! ;)
  • Day of the Triffids. Never liked them plants.
  • We won the last time we played there.
  • My Team:

Fab
    Johnson Dawson Zouma (hoping) Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Fornals
    Antonio

Subs: BENTEKE!
  • IronHerb said:

We won the last time we played there.

Sorry, meant the league
  • I know, but it's always worth mentioning a win up there. 😁
  • We should re-sign Jon Spector and play him up front for this one
  • Still do a better job than Yarmolenko.
  • edited January 2022
    Fabianski
    Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Johnson - Rice - Soucek - Masuaku
    Bowen - Lanzini/Fornals
    Antonio
  • After our loss we made a thing of us having a match midweek when Leeds didn't, so lets hope we can make that pay for us this week as they Play Brentford away tomorrow whilst we have a rest.
  • After our loss we made a thing of us having a match midweek when Leeds didn't, so lets hope we can make that pay for us this week as they Play Brentford away tomorrow whilst we have a rest.

Cue an outbreak of Covid at Old Triffid. ;)
  • Surely you mean an out break of aphid at Old Triffid.....
  • IronHerb said:

Surely you mean an out break of aphid at Old Triffid.....

Very droll =)
  • edited January 2022
    Whoops I missed this, please delete the thread I just created

Noble out with a knee injury, Ogbonna facing surgery, Zouma thigh and Covid, Soucek Covid but being assessed.

Bailly at AFCON, Sancho missed the Brentford game yesterday as he was at a funeral

Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Pogba and Cavani all injured, McTominay hobbled off against Brentford with a back problem although Rangnick reckoned he's be okay by Saturday
  • Whoops I missed this, please delete the thread I just created

Noble out with a knee injury, Ogbonna facing surgery, Zouma thigh and Covid, Soucek Covid but being assessed.

Bailly at AFCON, Sancho missed the Brentford game yesterday as he was at a funeral

Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Pogba and Cavani all injured, McTominay hobbled off against Brentford with a back problem although Rangnick reckoned he's be okay by Saturday

Where did you see the team news?
  • edited January 2022
    Lukerz said:

Where did you see the team news?

Here for starters

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Then a bit of a Google.

Good news, Lawro has us losing 2-1
  • Sky has it as 3-1
  • Our league record at Old Trafford is abysmal. It's a shame we haven't beaten Man Utd more over the last few seasons as they've mostly been terrible.

They've been dreadful whenever I've watched them recently, too.

Definite loss.
  • Love to come back with 3 points and Jesse.
  • edited January 2022
    Benrahma and Mahrez apparently headed straight for the airport and with Partey playing for Arsenal, I'd guess Benrahma's going to be a bench option for us. That at least gives us some attacking option if we need to change things, which we've lacked without him and with having Lanzini at CM.
  • Man United always up their game when they play us.
  • edited January 2022
    I didn't see the Brentford match but I've read that Man U were pretty awful in the first half and Ronaldo turned into the Incredible Sulk when subbed with 20 minutes to go

Moyes on Soucek
    "Tomas is back from COVID but not sure how ready he is so we need to assess that"

Rangnick on Sancho
    "he is expected back to training this afternoon at three o'clock, but right now I'm not sure if he will be available for the game tomorrow."

Lindelof's home has been burgled while he was playing Brentford, he'll miss Saturday to stay with his family. Best wishes to them

No other injured players mentioned in either press conference
  • Lindelof's home has been burgled while he was playing Brentford, he'll miss Saturday to stay with his family.

That's bad for sure but does mean Maguire is likely to play which is good news for sure.
  • If Soucek and Noble are out will Moyes give kral a start or use Lanzini, who in my view didn't work out last week against Leeds and will be less likely to against United. I suspect he may have the shirt in his hand look at Kral and then probably throw it to Yarmi.
  • Am sure Soucek will start ,moyes said he has trained all week .
  • Wonder if Benrahma can make it back in time to be in the squad. Zouma & Noble trained today so not sure they are unavailable.
  • steve said:

Am sure Soucek will start ,moyes said he has trained all week .

That's not what he said this afternoon

"Tomáš Souček came back from Covid, we’re not quite sure yet if he’s ready so we need to try and assess that. Hopefully we’re not too bad and we’ll go there and try to do the best we can".